Mixed Shots - Safe?

mrwebb8825

There have been a few good studies now.  All the experts seem to think it's fine as well.

I got AZ on my first one and felt horrible next day.  Pfizer for my 2nd one about 12 weeks later and never had any side effects at all even though they say side effects tend to be worse when you mix.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

I’ve done this. 

Astra Zeneca in Thailand in early June followed with Pfizer (overseas)  just this week. 

Everything I read supported this.

Sheryl (Thaivisa’s resident medical guru) has also done the same. 

I will also take a follow up Pfizer shot in 4 weeks or so to secure full vaccine certification. 

• Like 2

My wife got her 1st shot of free sino last week and was having mild flu symptoms for the next 2 days. I, on the other hand (as an American) haven't received anything and feel fine. (still waiting on my prepaid moderna shot)

My concern for taking mixed shots was fueled by the total incompetence of the government looking to pad their wallets rather than giving 2 shlts about the people here.

Based on some of the opinions here, I'm wondering if I (as over 60) should get in line for an initial sino or asta shot while waiting on my 2 monerna shots.

Something else that baffles me is why there are no (publicly acknowledged) studies on the use of CRISPR to combat this virus? (as well as others)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve done this. 

Astra Zeneca in Thailand in early June followed with Pfizer (overseas)  just this week. 

Everything I read supported this.

Sheryl (Thaivisa’s resident medical guru) has also done the same. 

I will also take a follow up Pfizer shot in 4 weeks or so to secure full vaccine certification. 

I am thinking of doing the same. How do you plan to secure full vaccine certification? By having both doses of Pfizer in the same country or 1 outside Thailand, 1 in Thailand? 

13 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Have you checked the quarantine requirements for Hong Kong ?  I had thought they were only 2 weeks for some cases, and could be as much as 3 weeks duration for other cases.

Yes, I have checked. It's 21 days for unvaccinated, 14 days fully vaccinated* and 7 days for 2 vaccinations. *A serology test (antibodies) is also required upon arrival and if not sufficient, then 7 days increases to 14 days. This is for a Group B country, which Thailand currently is, (at the time of writing).

The entry is only for Hong Kong residents from Group B countries.

9 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

wondering if I (as over 60) should get in line for an initial sino or asta shot while waiting on my 2 monerna shots.

You should. 

Waiting for Godot, sorry Moderna, can take until next year easily. 

7 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

I am thinking of doing the same. How do you plan to secure full vaccine certification? By having both doses of Pfizer in the same country or 1 outside Thailand, 1 in Thailand? 

Will secure vaccine certification by having both Pfizer doses outside of Thailand. 

There is not currently an avenue to combine single vaccination shots from different countries into a single vaccination certificate.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 4:14 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

Based on some of the opinions here, I'm wondering if I (as over 60) should get in line for an initial sino or asta shot while waiting on my 2 monerna shots.

By all means get in line. The way things are going you might get your Moderna before you get a slot for Sino or AZ.

My multiple registration strategy has resulted in 2 appointments, (as yet to be fulfilled, as they're upcoming), plus several registrations that amounted to nothing or failed:

Chulabhorn (RCA): registered, no response

Thailandintervac: attempted to register multiple times. Site since abandoned

Bumrungrad: registered via email; acknowledged, but nothing further for 2 months

Phyathai2: attempted to register today; site closed before proceeding