Air Asia: Now everyone can't fly - Thai domestic routes all cancelled until end of July

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai Air Asia has cancelled all their domestic flights from July 10th to 31st.

They said this is a temporary measure to help the government fight Covid-19 after a week that saw cases spike in Thailand. 

It would also help medical personnel in the fight, said a company statement. 

Daily News reported that if you've booked a flight during this period you will get an SMS or email with options for what to do next.

You may also do it yourself on AVA. This appears to be something called "AirAsia Virtual Allstar" - a support section on their website. 

They expressed their concern for customers and their staff. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-10

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

You may also do it yourself on something they called AVA.

Yes...works great at processing your claim...except they forgot the part where their broke "@##$" actually have to pay you back.

Edited by tonray

25 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

Why hasn't AirAsia notified their customers-Just wondering since I have paid tickets from Ubon to Don Muang on the 22nd at 12:50??  

They will, just had my cancellation email

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Smile airways canceled my flight last week, so I rescheduled on AirAsia for the 21st of July. Just got through rescheduling on Nok Air-If they cancel, I guess I'll take the train! Trying to catch my flight back to the US on the 22nd. If it cancels I'm "SOL!!" !  "LOL"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

Smile airways canceled my flight last week, so I rescheduled on AirAsia for the 21st of July. Just got through rescheduling on Nok Air-If they cancel, I guess I'll take the train! Trying to catch my flight back to the US on the 22nd. If it cancels I'm "SOL!!" !  "LOL"

20210710_085126.jpg

Just now, Neeranam said:

They paid me back.

Thousands of us (according to many internet boards) got nothing. Followed all procedures, acknowledhed that claim successfully processed and no refund ever came, more than 15 months already. You got lucky. Perhaps a different branch...I was cancelled to Malaysia...different than Air Asia local branch I think.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how all this works? Does the airline have to pay their monthly terminal bills? If not, how do the next guys up pay?

Same with restaurants and shops. Are they still paying rent in malls and such? If not, who is paying the mortgage to the banks?

• Like 1

Not helpful when you have a business in other parts of Thailand. Air Asia gouged me on the price fare just two ago and their staff had no idea how to interpret my Covid free certificate ... date of test or date of result. It is hard being an airline but just as hard being a passenger these days. Looks like long drives again now.

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Sounds like some may be playing in the Phuket Sandbox a bit longer than originally planned. 

Yes, If there are no buses.
I hate to think what the Taxi Mafia would charge for escape from phuket.

Boat may be the only option for those wanting to escape.

Edited by jojothai
add info

They should have done this before the 4th wave started. Now we are moving up to 10,000 new cases daily from 1,000 new cases (a 10 fold increase)

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Yes, If there are no buses.
If not, I hate to think what the Taxi Mafia would charge for escape from phuket.

I think you will find they have cancelled the buses, 

As I have said in a previous post, I hope all these  "tourists" overseas  watch the news so they can plan where they can go in Thailand after spending 14 days in the Phuket "Sandbox" .  Oh excuse me they can't fly anywhere?   Oh they can't go to Bangkok because the Malls, stores , massage parlors, movie theatres , bars , and restaurants are closed? Hmmmmm

Hopefully not many people booked flights.  

Getting a refund from Thai AirAsia is virtually impossible.  There is no customer service to speak of.

That said I was able to get credit last year and finally used it a few months ago.

I don't like to use them and prefer Thai Smile.

I've been driving to my vacation spots now.  Nice big luxury SUV.  Stop wherever I want with our family.  I don't need to rent a car when I arrive or deal with taxis.  

Not for everyone but Im retired and enjoy driving.