What to do if "Thailandplus" application mandatory to download for the phuket sandbox program does bot work?

Please urgent help needed and appreciated.

This application is mandatory to download one day prior to your arrival and it seems that you must enter your Certificate Of Entry (COE) number and then it generates a code that you will can show to immigration. Necertheless on the comments of that application it seems not to work with many people to say the least. Myself as soon as I start it it say that it has stopped itself. After going through a pure nightmare to get the COE which makes an hotel  and a plane reservation something so difficult and complicated and EXTREMLY stressfull to say the least as my goal is not tourism even if I will enjoy it my best and will try to relax but to attend to a police interview required by an attorney prior to a VERY dark court case that according to that same attorney will send somebody approximatively 25 years in jail (and I can add that it shall make 2 couple divorce in very dark circumstances and a last consequence of that "lovely" court case is that it will have a lawyer's licence cancelled. Thus readers can guess that I was very motivated to come to say the least as in the meantime the main guilty is let free and showing very high honorability and respectability that do not stop growing since 2.5 years and will not ve jailed before that the court case starts. That venue is the last stage before that the court case can finally start and us veing postponed due to covid circumstances since a bit more than 1 year...)this last problem appears one day prior to departure so that untill the very last day it will have generated stress and trouble... 

Can somebody indicate me what to dobif Thailandplus does not work on my phone and if authorities have planned an alternative solution like  lending or rebting some gps equiped thing or do they send you back to your country for not complying with the rules?

• Confused 1

I am not completely sure what will happen. However, the rules say you must have downloaded the app. It does not state that the application must work on your phone. In fact, given the utter unreliability of any software related to Thai Immigration, I cannot see how any such stipulation would be possible.

The alternative to crossing your fingers, and assuming Immigration will not insist on a working app is to buy a new phone.

For what it's worth I downloaded onto my Singapore phone and once you determine which code to put where worked okay - I took a screenshot of the opening page and put that in my documents for review at the airport (departure/arrival) and nobody appeared interested in it - wasn't even challenged to demonstrate it (however now that they have a 3 cases of people not going to the hotel, they might be actively checking) Now that I'm in Thailand I downloaded the app again onto my Thai phone and it works same as the Singapore one (not that I leave the house much here).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does not seem like Thailand actually uses Thailand Plus and it is not checked on entry. What you need is the MorChana app. I have entered Thailand twice under these guidelines, despite what is 

broadcast on the Embassy sites. Maybe you have to show it to airline check in staff. 

• Thanks 1

I downloaded it and it would not open before I came or after I got here.
Tried downloading it again, same same.
I captured screen on my phone as evidence that I tried.
Coming through entry at Swampy and at ASQ hotel there were no checks done for it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jojothai said:

I downloaded it and it would not open before I came or after I got here.
Tried downloading it again, same same.
I captured screen on my phone as evidence that I tried.
Coming through entry at Swampy and at ASQ hotel there were no checks done for it.

Oops.

I forgot to make it clear that i came into bangkok. That was last monday.

It could be the same in phuket, but cover yourself by taking the screenshots.

Everything I have read on this and other forums indicates that:

1) The Thailand Plus app has always been listed as a requirement of entry to Thailand with a COE; but

2) The app has never worked; and

3) No Thai official has ever checked to see whether arriving passengers have actually installed it.

Govern yourself accordingly, and welcome to Thailand...!

I arrived in the sandbox one week ago. When checking in I was asked if I had it (and I replied I did). At the Phuket airport I was asked to show that I had the MorChana app and needed to show my QR code. There was a person there to assist those who hadn't done it. Each day I have the MorChanga QR scanned at my hotel to prove I'm still there. 

I have the Thailand Plus app installed on my phone but at no point has anyone asked me to show it or use it. To be safe, I suppose you should download it and in the unlikely event you're asked, open it and have the person who asked for it fix it. 

• Like 1

Is the Thailand Plus just another interface for the same data collection as Mor chana?

The main functions of  profile, scan, and settings look similar.

Obviously they tried to make an app that is specifically designed to track COE and foreigner friendly, realized it doesn't work well and is unnecessary so they gave up. I think it is still 1.0 version on iOs

Thai Authorities should notify consulates and IATA.

Mor Chana actually works and is easy to figure out how to get to the ENG page.

I was also told it was mandatory to download the Thailandplus app prior to arrival it seems to work ok it has my COE number on it and the correct time and date but I was never asked about it at immigration and the ASQ hotel and nurses had never seen or heard of it before

Hi everybody and thanks for all the ingormations.

A little feed back as I have just entered Phuket under the sanbox program.

Exiting the airport, they did not checket about Thailand plus but they checked about Morchana and even had the first paper of my file of documents necessary to enter (COE, vaccines proof, covid insurance, shaba hotel booking confirmation etc...) stamped with a special "machana" word stamp onxe somevody at the "health counter" tested it on my phone. The Morchana that I had downloaded didn't work and as there were MANY peole to take care and assist, some specifically dedicated to Morchana on phones one kind, patient and helpfull lady erased it from my phone as it was not working properly and then downloaded it again and made it working. The hotel informed me that I had to come to reception for "QRcoding" with Morchana one time per day (I guess that it is because I have heard that already 3 people did not stay at the hotel that they had declared that they would stay in for their Sandbox and to check that people follow the rule). I was also asked at a seven eleven when I went to pay to QRcode.

They checked all my papers and there were so many people taking care (heath care, police/immigration, army, people there to assist for ALL pyrposes) at and after immigration that I felt as if I was a moovie star/Christiano Ronaldo or something like. They were taking photos of me everywhere as I was among the firsts to go through. They directly did a PCR Covid test at the exit of the airport with something looking like a biological weapon manipulation thing but with their usual Thai kindness everything happened kindly. They had some kind of test tube in a plastic bag already at my name. The plane landed at 9.30 a.m and I was requited by the hotel to wait for the result of that test which I had understood would happen in my hotel. The result came at 4 p.m and then I was autorised to go wherever I wanted.

They also informed me that the 6th day test would happen at laguna hotel as I am on a quite and beautifull beaxh in the North West part of Phuket.

The Singapore airlines plane was full at about 5% of it capacity of passengers and thus we all could sleep on 3 seats and were served as if we were owners of the plane (unfortunately not granted 1st class : - p).

The beach is VERY quiet but there remain good local small food shops and 1 massage shop with a VERY qualified lady who did me a very good quality massage and said me that I was her first customer dince 1 week that she had reopened. She gave me a few usefull indications about what was opened in tge area and were to rent a motorbike. Her massage was 400 Thb whereas they were avout an amazing 3200Thb in my hotel some veing promotionned 50% but that is a very nice hotel but knowing Thailand ratger well I will just necer massage or it there as it is their business and whaever EVERYTHING else in the hotel is so amazingly beautifull. She REALLY massaged good and skillfully.

That being said good luck and nixe trip to everybody and I hope that once my sandbox passed I will have rested well and be string to do what I have to do then...

Kind regards

• Like 1

I just came back to Sweden after 10 weeks. Didn't download app. Never used it. I have a new Huawei so it didn't work on this model. All shoppingcentret I never signed anything and neither did anyone else