Hundreds of Thai medical workers infected despite Sinovac vaccinations

webfact

4 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

All of my colleges in UAE had sinovac, it is absolutely useless no antibodys present after a few months, im working in Oman and manged to get the Phizer one which im happy about that

Please tell me you're not an English teacher.

• Like 1

Obviously Sinovac doesn't give even a similar protection as Biontec or Moderna. (Astrazeneca is less effective) 

It's crucial then to order only 20 million of others to protect Thai people considering you have to vaccinate the Sinovacs with a booster of those mentioned above. 

We all know that this govt is a failsure per se. 

But the western countries should rethink their "Me First " policy. 

If the poor countries are not be vaccinated in near future (Africa eg) we will have more variants and at the end the vaccines of the main effective are not working anymore. 

So the profitable game will start again ???? and Covid will stay and kill many years more 

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

There is a reason why no developed western country used Sinovac, why would anyone when there are better alternatives?

Well said.

The Sinovac is not "useless, junk, etc.", as so many are ignorantly bruiting about.

There are better, more effective vaccines, just not very available here.

Edited by Kwaibill
Typo

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

If these figures are to be beleived, we'll done Mr P (sarcasm) another waisted time and money, why isn't the Government listening to health experts that the Sinovac vaccine is useless. 

Most things made in China are useless. It`s a know fact. Why didn`t the PM know that ? Say no more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So what this article is reporting is the Sinovac vaccine is .999 percent effective at preventing infection (in people most likely to be exposed to the virus). And .997 effective in preventing death if infected. Good to know because I'm scheduled for my first SV jab on Wednesday. 

0.999 effective? 0.999 what? Is that good? Sorry I get confused with numbers quoted without explanation, my bad. 

Edited by Speedhump

Sinovac jabs are not approved in US, all western European countries  and UK mainly because of lack of sufficient open data.. The reveiws  on Sinovac are  mixed so while it gives some protection for the earlier variants for  Delta variant it is being said the vaccine is less effective( Indonesia are seeing  medics gatting Covid despite the Sinovac vaccine). A third booster is being suggested. Thailands best bet remains the AZ as its cheaper than Pfizer.  

Sinovac jabs are not approved in US, all western European countries  and UK mainly because of lack of sufficient open data.. The reveiws  on Sinovac are  mixed so while it gives some protection for the earlier variants for  Delta variant it is being said the vaccine is less effective( Indonesia are seeing  medics gatting Covid despite the Sinovac vaccine). A third booster is being suggested. Thailands best bet remains the AZ as its cheaper than Pfizer.  

14 minutes ago, ray666 said:

Most things made in China are useless. It`s a know fact. Why didn`t the PM know that ? Say no more.

Truthiness is the belief or assertion that a particular statement is true based on the intuition or perceptions of some individual or individuals, without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1][2] Truthiness can range from ignorant assertions of falsehoods to deliberate duplicity or propaganda intended to sway opinions.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

The people should be more pragmatic.

Look at these facts.

Many people of the so called elite in Thailand have chinese roots. Ask them as what they feel more, Thai or Chinese.

China has stolen for many decades intellectual properties all over the world.

China is a dictatorship.

China provided an vaccine with a not very high protection quote.

They treatening the world and freedom in many ways, so why should I trust and take a vaccine from them????

You get what you pay for. (remember all the low quality products)

It's your choice.  You can trust China or you don't trust them.

I don't.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

These US lawsuits occur because the US has strong laws and regulations to protect the public from Big Pharma.

Can't imagine China has the same.

Actually, if you read another of the responses to my post, it seems they have. And the complete absence of oversight and regulation in the US is what led to these scandals, which affected the lives of millions. And each and every one of the vaccine manufacturers has been caught up in them. Totally corrupt. Got a headache? Here, try these. The very latest. Xanax, Prozac, etc etc.

20 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

0.999 effective? 0.999 what? Is that good? Sorry I get confused with numbers quoted without explanation, my bad. 

99.9% effective at preventing infection...at least in this medical population (or you could round it up to 100% for statistical purposes).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

A bit more information about healthcare worker infections and deaths from the Disease Control Department...seems only two of the 7 dead were actually vaccinated (Sinovac) and only one fully.

Screenshot_20210712-140012_Facebook.jpg

That means that this case doesn’t support the antivax narrative at all, rather it refutes it.  Those number imply that 173 out of roughly 2100 unvaccinated people were infected. That works out to a 8.2% infection rate for the unvaccinated vs a 0.09% for the vaccinated.

23 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

You need to learn how percentages work. 

No. It seemed that he said the vaccine is only 0.999 pct effective. What he meant was 99.1 pct effective, or something of that order. Someone else has explained his error to me, rather than being a smartmouth. Thanks for your nice input. 

38 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

99.9% effective at preventing infection...at least in this medical population (or you could round it up to 100% for statistical purposes).

Kindly show me how you calculate effectivity. Don't forget to identify your test group can control group. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Of the 677,348 medical personnel who received two doses of Sinovac, 618 became infected

If it is 50% effective and 1/3 are asymptomatic, wouldn't you expect about 250,000 to get at least a mild dose of covid????

12 hours ago, meechai said:

Why is this so surprising & automatically attributed to Sinovac? 

Because the article states Sinovac and there is not much of an alternative. But you are right in there should be no surprise as Sinaovac has been proven as well below 50% effectiveness by just about every country in the world except China and Thailand.

7 hours ago, Catoni said:

Although better than nothing, Sinovac is certainly not the best of the Covid vaccines. It had a much lower efficacy than Pfizer and Moderna for instance. I think Sinovac has only about 64% efficacy. 

But if that’s all you have , it’s still better than nothing.

It takes about two weeks following the shot for immunity to build. During that two week window, you can still get a full blown Covid -19 infection. 
  Following that, you can still get Covid-19, but your infection should be much milder because you are vaccinated. For the elderly with co-morbidities it could be the difference between life and death. 

Objectively Sinovac may be better than nothing. However, when it encourages a sense of being protected and risky behavior, such as close contact with others, it makes people more vulnerable than unvaccinated who hunker down. Furthermore, it does a poor job of preventing asymptomatic infection, so this will prolong the pandemic. People jabbed with Sinovac urgently need a booster of AZ or mRNA vaccine.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

If these figures are to be beleived, we'll done Mr P (sarcasm) another waisted time and money, why isn't the Government listening to health experts that the Sinovac vaccine is useless. 

You are aware that being vaccinated does not stop you becoming infected with Covid I take it ? The aim of vaccination in this case is to lessen the chance of needing hospital treatment or dying from covid i.e. making the severity much reduced... There seems to be a view that vaccination will mean you don't get covid , that's incorrect .