AZ Vaccination - 2nd dose

My 1st vaccine was on the 7th June with a 2nd appt 16 weeks later on 28th September. Policy has since changed to 12 weeks for the 2nd dose. The Mor Phrom app where I originally booked is showing nothing. I visited the hospital where I was first vaccinated and they would not change my date to 12 weeks but confirmed the 16 week appt. I have two of the 7 health conditions. 

Silence from the Thai govt and Health Ministry about the 1,500,000 Pfizer vaccine doses (20% for foreigners/expats?) donated by US.

Same silence about the already here Japanese donation of 1.050.000 AZ vaccine doses.

Don't the foreign donations (Foreigner allocated %) cover the number of expats here? 

If they offered a 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine, I would take that. 

19 hours ago, rbkk said:

My 1st vaccine was on the 7th June with a 2nd appt 16 weeks later on 28th September. Policy has since changed to 12 weeks for the 2nd dose. The Mor Phrom app where I originally booked is showing nothing. I visited the hospital where I was first vaccinated and they would not change my date to 12 weeks but confirmed the 16 week appt. I have two of the 7 health conditions. 

I also had the 1st jab on 7th June and at the time given 27th Sept as the date for 2nd dose. Since then the date was changed to 30th August, then the 16th August, and a few days ago back to the 30th August.

The app is on my wife's phone, she hasn't been able to use the app since day one but the hospital registered me on the app. The date changes have come as notifications, the app itself still shows the original date of 27th Sept.

My wife also asked at the hospital about changing the date as I would be away when it was due and they just said no way.

I am hoping to get the 2nd dose when I go to the UK in a few weeks.

21 hours ago, rbkk said:

Silence from the Thai govt and Health Ministry about the 1,500,000 Pfizer vaccine doses (20% for foreigners/expats?) donated by US.

Same silence about the already here Japanese donation of 1.050.000 AZ vaccine doses.

Don't the foreign donations (Foreigner allocated %) cover the number of expats here? 

Biden changed that 20/80% agreement the next day to depend on the Thai government's great ability of handling the vaccine rollout in a fair manner to all.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I also had the 1st jab on 7th June and at the time given 27th Sept as the date for 2nd dose. Since then the date was changed to 30th August, then the 16th August, and a few days ago back to the 30th August.

The app is on my wife's phone, she hasn't been able to use the app since day one but the hospital registered me on the app. The date changes have come as notifications, the app itself still shows the original date of 27th Sept.

My wife also asked at the hospital about changing the date as I would be away when it was due and they just said no way.

I am hoping to get the 2nd dose when I go to the UK in a few weeks.

Which app is that?

22 hours ago, rbkk said:

I am same, got the first AZ on the 8th of June and the second one will be in September.  

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

I am same, got the first AZ on the 8th of June and the second one will be in September.  

So am I. I got my first AZ shot on June 7th and an appointment for the second shot on September 27th. I booked my first shot on the government App., but haven't heard a thing regarding a changed appointment date. What is the situation? I live in Chiang Mai, and I was not aware of the fact that private hospitals were administering the AZ vaccinations. I am a patient at the Bangkok Hospital in Chiang Mai, but according to them, they do not administer shots presently. Has anyone in Chiang Mai had a vaccine at a private hospital?

On 7/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Havenstreet1940 said:

Having had the first vaccination, how sure can anyone be that the 2nd dose will be adinistered, since there is a shortage ofvaccine in Thailand.

There is an additional complication now: if some of those who received a first dose of Sinovac now need a second shot with AZ, it will further stretch the already very limited supplies.

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

so do you think a different vaccine would be as effective as a 2nd jab of AZ, what about a jab of AZ followed by a jab of Moderna 15ish weeks later.

It could be better than 2 doses of AZ....Quote....

The Com-Cov study, which looked at giving the doses four weeks apart in 850 volunteers aged 50 and above, found:

• AZ followed by Pfizer induced higher antibodies and T cell responses than Pfizer followed by AZ
  • Both of these mixes induced higher antibodies than two doses of AZ
  • The highest antibody response was seen after two doses of Pfizer, and the highest T cell response from AZ followed by Pfizer
  • https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Source?

thaipbsworld.com

United States to donate COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand

In June, US President Joe Biden announced the donation of 500 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the world’s poorest countries, with “no strings attached”, to help speed the pandemic’s end.  No strings attached = no 20/80 split.  Plus it was on ASEANNOW if you care to look yourself.

6 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

thaipbsworld.com

United States to donate COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand

In June, US President Joe Biden announced the donation of 500 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the world’s poorest countries, with “no strings attached”, to help speed the pandemic’s end.  No strings attached = no 20/80 split.  Plus it was on ASEANNOW if you care to look yourself.

Are you aware that there are 2 different donations? The 500 million Pfizer doses donation and the 80 million doses donation. They are separate. The 80/20 split is for 1.5 million Pfizer doses (Thailand) as part of the 80 million doses donation. 

"The newly announced donation is in addition to the 80 million vaccine doses the United States plans to deliver before the end of June.

https://it.usembassy.gov/biden-u-s-will-donate-500-million-vaccine-doses-for-global-covid-19-fight/

Interestingly  it says...."before the end of June"

That's 2 weeks ago. The Thai Govt says it's not here yet....hhhmmmmmm. 

Edited by rbkk

17 hours ago, steve187 said:

so do you think a different vaccine would be as effective as a 2nd jab of AZ, what about a jab of AZ followed by a jab of Moderna 15ish weeks later.

"How much protection you get from one shot of the Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Moderna vaccines, according to the best available data"

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-vaccine-one-shot-effectiveness-pfizer-moderna-astrazeneca-vaccines-dose-2021-3

Still lots of uncertainty, but here is some info.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rbkk said:

Are you aware that there are 2 different donations? The 500 million Pfizer doses donation and the 80 million doses donation. They are separate. The 80/20 split is for 1.5 million Pfizer doses (Thailand) as part of the 80 million doses donation. 

"The newly announced donation is in addition to the 80 million vaccine doses the United States plans to deliver before the end of June.

https://it.usembassy.gov/biden-u-s-will-donate-500-million-vaccine-doses-for-global-covid-19-fight/

Interestingly  it says...."before the end of June"

That's 2 weeks ago. The Thai Govt says it's not here yet....hhhmmmmmm. 

Quite aware but you seem to do little research.  Again from thaipbsworld.com.com

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) decided today (Friday) to allocate the upcoming 1.5 million doses of donated Pfizer vaccine from the US government to frontline medical workers as a third “booster” shot, and other prioritised groups in selected provinces.

So where's your source that the 20/80 split was etched in marble?

29 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

Quite aware but you seem to do little research.  Again from thaipbsworld.com.com

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) decided today (Friday) to allocate the upcoming 1.5 million doses of donated Pfizer vaccine from the US government to frontline medical workers as a third “booster” shot, and other prioritised groups in selected provinces.

So where's your source that the 20/80 split was etched in marble?

"So where's your source that the 20/80 split was etched in marble?"

Quote....

The chief of Thailand's National Security Council and head of the CCSA told  the Thai media yesterday that foreigners living in Thailand must receive 20% of a 1.5 million batch of Pfizer vaccine that has been donated by the United States.

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

"So where's your source that the 20/80 split was etched in marble?"

Quote....

The chief of Thailand's National Security Council and head of the CCSA told  the Thai media yesterday that foreigners living in Thailand must receive 20% of a 1.5 million batch of Pfizer vaccine that has been donated by the United States.

And they changed their minds to vaccinate medical personnel first.  And this is the 16th not the 6th.  Old news.  More like written on paper.  You still have not convinced me 100% that anyone will get will get 20%.

5 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

And they changed their minds to vaccinate medical personnel first.  And this is the 16th not the 6th.  Old news.  More like written on paper.  You still have not convinced me 100% that anyone will get will get 20%.

The statement was from the 6th July, not today's date! Go back and look at page 1, the original statement.

Vaccinating medical personnel first should be from their 80% share of doses. Not from the foreigners 20% share of doses.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

had my first jab of astra on 9th june second for 29 sept 16 weeks ,the wife phoned the hospital to find if they were cutting the time and she was told that they would send an sms when they have the vacine .

Yes, even though national policy is supposed to be 12 weeks now for all AZ 2nd doses. They didn't anounce it but it seems to be 12 weeks in only some areas, original appts in others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rbkk said:

The statement was from the 6th July, not today's date! Go back and look at page 1, the original statement.

Vaccinating medical personnel first should be from their 80% share of doses. Not from the foreigners 20% share of doses.

Changing the goal posts doesn't help your position.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

Changing the goal posts doesn't help your position.

Strange.  No mRNA.

From US Alert email:

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

To register please click on this link:https://bit.ly/USTHvax2021

From Australian Embassy:

The same thing.  AstraZenica.  Laugh at that.