Thailand reports record high 98 coronavirus deaths and 9,186 new cases

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's why I asked the poster to show what he said could be backed up by a link.  Thanks as usual @anchadian for the great work you have been doing as well with posting timely info for all.

some statement by some WHO official, it was oral in the news, but maybe not an official statement by the WHO, hence why there is no PR regarding this on their website

I wouldn't trust what the WHO says at this stage, they have been lying to us in the past

• Like 2

How are these new cases discovered?  Is this when sick people go to a hospital?  How many Thai people as part of their every day life are getting tested?  I have to believe most of the population is not just getting tested on their own which might imply there are millions more COVID cases that are not discovered or reported since the general population is of course not tested

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

you guys are getting excited over those low numbers, wait until it reaches 20,000 cases per day (if they have enough tests for it) and 10,000 in ICUs next month

They will keep that from happening by not testing, I suspect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Isn't this government doing a wonderful job with the pandemic? Time to lock things down completely like they did last March. Otherwise this thing will never end.

Hate to say but until vaccination of the population is complete it will carry on, lockdown or no lockdown. Even after high vaccination governments will have to decide what number of deaths from covid is acceptable, ergo look at what's happening in the UK, all be it with 2/3rds double vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

at this stage, testing is pointless, it's a wild fire. The only important metrics is ICUs

Which are full and the number on ventilators/respirators keeps growing every day regardless.  As more rooms and beds are made/created they are filled up and more waiting at home who need treatment and not just those that are asymptomatic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Which are full and the number on ventilators/respirators keeps growing every day regardless.  As more rooms and beds are made/created they are filled up and more waiting at home who need treatment and not just those that are asymptomatic.

Mrs FFF has a runny nose this morning and reports others around the village as well.People keep telling one can't tell the difference between covid symptoms and flu or cold symptoms so it might be the flu then again it might not, if it has reached us here I'm pretty sure it's already everywhere and like I said there's been no reduction of traffic coming and going from Bangkok over in the past.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Mrs FFF has a runny nose this morning and reports others around the village as well.People keep telling one can't tell the difference between covid symptoms and flu or cold symptoms so it might be the flu then again it might not, if it has reached us here I'm pretty sure it's already everywhere and like I said there's been no reduction of traffic coming and going from Bangkok over in the past.

Be safe FFF, and take care of yourself.  We are still waiting on our test results from Wednesday and are hanging out in isolation.

• Thanks 1

Thailand reports daily record of 9,692 new COVID-19 cases, 67 more deaths

COVID16a.jpg

File photo//REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Friday (July 16) reported 9,692 new COVID-19 cases and 67 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1224246-thailand-reports-daily-record-of-9692-new-covid-19-cases-67-more-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin