Deal set to be agreed for private hospitals in Thailand to purchase Moderna vaccine

webfact

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Deal set to be agreed for private hospitals.

So the private Hospitals took Millions  Billions of Baht off of the people with no deal in place or even agreed to.

No one was forced into paying in advance and no guarantees were given by the hospitals, were they?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sort of depends on your interpretation of the word "minority".  Just being part of a small group of visitors in this country doesn't make us minorities in the discriminatory sense that you clearly meant.   We are not the only ones who can't get vaccinated here yet, the majority of Thais can't either.

It's not wasting. That vaccine will still go to use. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

So the private Hospitals took Millions  Billions of Baht off of the people with no deal in place or even agreed to.

Heck of a Business Model if you can get into it

They got it and no one's arms were twisted in the process.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one was forced into paying in advance and no guarantees were given by the hospitals, were they?

My Wife has already been receiving text messages from Hospitals to book the ‘Booster vaccines’ (i.e. 3rd shot in 6 months) - of course, the hospitals are asking for advance payment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well done on selfishly wasting an appointment that many of us who haven't been able to register would have been happy to utilise had you not registered for it and then got picky.   Why refuse Sinovac when you have no other alternative?    

Something called freedom of choice or is that beyond you ?

Is selfishness beyond you?   

Do you think that there is a surplus of appointments for these vaccinations and that it's ok to be one of the very few to have the opportunity to use one up knowing that the vaccine would be either Sinovac or AZ and then just chucking that appointment in the bin because it wasn't the one he fancied more than the other.   Many of us would have been happy to have the opportunity that he had.

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well done on selfishly wasting an appointment that many of us who haven't been able to register would have been happy to utilise had you not registered for it and then got picky.   Why refuse Sinovac when you have no other alternative?    

Of course you have alternative. You could get a shot of saline water. Effectiveness against the strain that's nearly 100% of cases now in Thailand (and Worldwide) is about the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He DID take his alternative of "Thanks, but no thanks to dirty Chinese dishwater." I'm sure the appointment was quickly reassigned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"She said that she hoped all payments from the hospitals will be finalised by 21st July."

Doesn't this read then, that the Hospitals have to pay the government up front, before the government  will sign any potential purchase agreement with the suppliers?

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Is selfishness beyond you?   

Do you think that there is a surplus of appointments for these vaccinations and that it's ok to be one of the very few to have the opportunity to use one up knowing that the vaccine would be either Sinovac or AZ and then just chucking that appointment in the bin because it wasn't the one he fancied more than the other.   Many of us would have been happy to have the opportunity that he had.

I'm sure the appointment was quickly given to someone else.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Excel said:

No, it's not and I would have loved the freedom of choice to have that appointment that he accepted (knowing that there was a 50% chance that he wouldn't use it because of the vaccine alternatives provided) and stopped anyone else less fussy having.   Is that beyond you?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's not wasting. That vaccine will still go to use. 

His vaccination appointment (that one of us may have liked to have) was what I said was wasted!   Let's just hope that his refusal to complete the vaccination process is logged and remembered when he tries to get his next appointment.

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My Wife has already been receiving text messages from Hospitals to book the ‘Booster vaccines’ (i.e. 3rd shot in 6 months) - of course, the hospitals are asking for advance payment. 

That's what I said, no one was forced, just as your wife was not being forced to use the private hospitals facilities.    

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Of course you have alternative. You could get a shot of saline water. Effectiveness against the strain that's nearly 100% of cases now in Thailand (and Worldwide) is about the same.

No, that's not an alternative, no hospitals are offering saline shots.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In India they are... OK, were.... but maybe still are, just haven't been caught yet...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos/toi-original/mumbai-hospital-sealed-for-giving-saline-water-instead-of-covid-shots/videoshow/84140875.cms

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Excel said:

I'll informed ignorance and prejudice is not valid freedom of choice when it obstructs another person's freedom of choice. You could have used your freedom of choice to make an informed decision in advance.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, J Town said:

I'm sure the appointment was quickly given to someone else.

What, to someone else who hadn't been able to book that space?    They're appointment only!    But that's not my point, if he knew, and he did, that there was a 50% chance that he wouldn't turn up after being one of the lucky few who got an appointment, why take the opportunity away from someone else who would 100% be there for the vaccinantion?

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In India they are... OK, were.... but maybe still are, just haven't been caught yet...

No, they were not offering it!   They were hiding the fact that it was being given.

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

1 year awash in the current versions. Pfizer and other will be moved on to tweaked boosters for the Delta strain. It will become a endemic pathogen, seasonal shots with us for the rest of our lives like flu.

as long as they reopen Patts in the old way, all good

5 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Why do they keep on lying and lying? At least if they tell the truth, that there will never be vaccines for falangs, then we know what to do, ie, go home and get it done.

Fly back to the UK right now, you're more likely to catch a dose than get one. At least here it's fairly manageable. Back there, a relative of mine says she knows a lot of people now who've caught it. Very different to last year.

43 minutes ago, mancub said:

"She said that she hoped all payments from the hospitals will be finalised by 21st July."

Doesn't this read then, that the Hospitals have to pay the government up front, before the government  will sign any potential purchase agreement with the suppliers?

Yes, that was the reason we were being asked to pay the hospitals up front.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If "no other alternative" is by design, then your acceptance is complicit to political corruption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know what to believe anymore. My Thai wife got a call today from Private hospital in Loei asking her for her government number and said it was for the Moderna vaccine we registered for one month ago They did not mention paying for it now. Thought I read something on here about a month ago saying Moderna orders were booked until 2022

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This will pave the way for the arrival of the vaccine. It will be 5 million doses arriving at the start of the fourth quarter of 2021 (October 1st) and start of next year. 

Hopefully.

so don't hold my breath just yet then?

As any salesman knows, you don't ring the bell until the deal is signed, payments are made, and delivery is received.

So much can go wrong on any deal especially in Thailand when the govt' seems to be working against the public interest. 

I really wanted a mRna shot as a booster to my AZ but i decided not to pre-pay as i'm betting this will turn into a 9 month nightmare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Why do they keep on lying and lying? At least if they tell the truth, that there will never be vaccines for falangs, then we know what to do, ie, go home and get it done.

Don't tell me they are going to mix it with Sinovac?