Deal set to be agreed for private hospitals in Thailand to purchase Moderna vaccine

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The deputy chief of the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation told Sanook that the plan to distribute the Moderna vaccine through private hospitals is ahead of schedule. 

Sirikun Methiwerangsan said that arrangements with 285 private hospitals have been made and from tomorrow (Friday 16th) agreements to supply them will be signed.

She said that she hoped all payments from the hospitals will be finalised by 21st July. 

Then on 23rd July, Friday next week, the GPO will sign the contract with the Zuellig Pharma company, the Moderna representative. 

"That is quicker than was previously expected," she said. 

This will pave the way for the arrival of the vaccine. It will be 5 million doses arriving at the start of the fourth quarter of 2021 (October 1st) and start of next year. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-15

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

Just hope this government doesn't siphon some off to meet its own emergencies.

Even if they didn't, 5 MIL for a population of almost 70 MIL is nothing to get excited about. 

Yes, I know some have been inoculated already.

Edited by djayz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, djayz said:

some have been inoculated already.

If those ' some ' have had Sinovac their eyes will be staring hard at any better vaccines that come along. Wife and I have registered for it but ......seeing is believing.

• Like 1

When the exact same news (1st October start ) is dressed up again and again weekly to look good.

Nothing really have changed.

Same date, same amount, same price.

But let's celebrate it anyway!

Not that there is much between lockdown and waiting for the promised flood of AZ vaccines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

agreements to supply them will be signed.

I have some knowledge about how much a signature is worth over here.

Even a signature from someone low on the totem pole over here is already lucrative.

I received a call this morning to come and get my vaccination tomorrow!

As i am over 60 i was thinking it would be Astra Z. but flip flop it is now Sinovac.

I told them,thanks but no thanks.

Tomorrow there will be some other ruling for sure.

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Deal set to be agreed for private hospitals.

So the private Hospitals took Millions  Billions of Baht off of the people with no deal in place or even agreed to.

Exactly my thoughts... If it fails somehow, <deleted> will hit the fan!

While on the other hand... who needs to make up crazy faux news with this regime.

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation has registered complaints with police accusing Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) chairman Boon Vanasin of defamation.

GPO said in a statement on Wednesday its lawyers had filed a complaint against Dr Boon and Loy Chunpongthong at Phaya Thai police station on Tuesday over their separate comments about the procurement of Moderna Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-thailand-vaccines-idUSL4N2OQ1QC

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Deal set to be agreed for private hospitals.

So the private Hospitals took Millions  Billions of Baht off of the people with no deal in place or even agreed to.

Of course.  Now, just wait for the "snag to the deal" to occur.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can just see anyone with connections, the government, politicians, military etc all pulling rank to get this ‘better’ vaccine meanwhile those who really need it in high risk groups, in areas of high density work & accommodation continues to be left by the wayside. 

Really?   Do you think that "those who really need it in high risk groups, in areas of high density work & accommodation" are likely to be heading to the private hospitals for comparatively expensive Moderna vaccinations?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djayz said:

I'd like to see the uproar in the West if any minorities were left waiting just a second longer than the locals. 

Sort of depends on your interpretation of the word "minority".  Just being part of a small group of visitors in this country doesn't make us minorities in the discriminatory sense that you clearly meant.   We are not the only ones who can't get vaccinated here yet, the majority of Thais can't either.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I received a call this morning to come and get my vaccination tomorrow!

As i am over 60 i was thinking it would be Astra Z. but flip flop it is now Sinovac.

I told them,thanks but no thanks.

Well done on selfishly wasting an appointment that many of us who haven't been able to register would have been happy to utilise had you not registered for it and then got picky.   Why refuse Sinovac when you have no other alternative?    

• Sad 2