"No one is safe until everyone is safe" - Aussie couple highlight foreigners facing vaccine trouble in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, DKA1961 said:

I had the AstraZeneca for my first jab, and the second one will be as well I imagine. But I have just registered and paid with them to have a Moderna Booster shot sometime in October 2021

You do realize those are two totally different vaccines, they trigger the immune system in different ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

That's their home country, so that makes sense.

As foreigner living in Thailand you are on your own when it comes to health care, and we foreigners knows it, when we decide to stay here by our own free choice.

However, with a little bit of patience the government will vaccinate all, also the foreigners that are not really are covered by the health care system.

But where are the donated vaccines. And why refuse people to even register for the vax, so they know how many are needed. Who is responsible for this mess?

33 minutes ago, Ubonhero64 said:

The Lazy Aus gov in power is only doing slightly better than Thailand 11%vaccination  rate

You're playing fast and loose with the actual stats on this comparing Australia and Thailand. In fact, Australia is doing quite a bit better than Thailand with vaccinations thus far, with Thailand at about 14% of its population having received at least 1 shot, and Australia double that at about 28%.

Screenshot_4.jpg.14a10bf04b5ca0f43ec83d5481818c80.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

7 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

My blood is actually boiling about this. They appear to have had no reason to come back to Thailand. If I'm candid, I feel people like this wreck the position of people like me i.e family, job, here in situ at the start of the pandemic i.e. genuine reasons to be here, and in need of vaccine.

Yet here we have two tourists that had apparently NO CAUSE to head on over here during the pandemic, bleating they can't get vaccinated. Rightly or wrongly, it reflects badly on other foreigners.

If the people interviewed are reading this, what is your justification for leaving Australia in December?

they were probably trying to escape Australia lockdowns by coming to Free Thailand,

a lot of people went to Dubai for the same reasons,

except now it has backfired for them,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're playing fast and loose with the actual stats on this comparing Australia and Thailand. In fact, Australia is doing quite a bit better than Thailand with vaccinations thus far, with Thailand at about 14% of its population having received at least 1 shot, and Australia double that at about 28%.

Screenshot_4.jpg.14a10bf04b5ca0f43ec83d5481818c80.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

One is a developed country with less than 20 million. One is a developing country with more than 3 times that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I  have yet to have this confirmed, but I am told a plane load of wealthy Indonesians chartered their own plane and flew  to Australia, they were immediately placed into quarantine, at their own expense, and given  FREE inoculations, which was the reason for their journey anyway, their country suffering badly, and vaccine being scarce there.

Or perhaps you have mixed up rumors with the story of the Australian family that chartered their own plane to return from Indonesia? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-30/private-plane-allowed-into-adelaide-with-covid-cases-on-board/100254604

Edited by MikeN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One is a developed country with less than 20 million. One is a developing country with more than 3 times that. 

I agree when u start comparing Australia to Thailand Australia is a very rich country with around 26 million and Thailand is rated a 3rd world country with 68 million Oh the fact is 11% of Australian population has been vaccinated

2 minutes ago, Ubonhero64 said:

I agree when u start comparing Australia to Thailand Australia is a very rich country with around 26 million and Thailand is rated a 3rd world country with 68 million Oh the fact is 11% of Australian population has been vaccinated

Anyway maybe more  now who knows but for a developed country the numbers are not good

Just now, Ubonhero64 said:

Wrong. There are almost no "3rd world countries" left in the world. Thailand is a developing nation and you insult them saying as much. And trying to claim Thailand is a poor country just falls flat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Now having tried everything they can to get vaccinated in Thailand they are considering Plan B - returning to Australia to get the jab.

Bye.  They will never be "safe" anyway because there will never be 100% vaccinations unless the entire planet turns into the Philip K Dick dystopia novel - which it may.

"No one is "safe" until everyone is "safe."
Translated:
"I'm don't feel "safe" unless you are force to get the shot."

BTW.  These people who 'believe the science' don't believe the science of vaccine induced herd immunity.  They believe in a utopia where every individual on the planet is force vaccinated.  No science behind that as it's the anti-thesis of the vaccination induced herd-immunity science.
This is where the the "true believers" eat there own as schisms form within the One Doctrine of Covid where one side citing 'science' is claiming 70% of a vaccinated population creates herd immunity while the other side calls it fake science without forwarding their own counter-studies which don't exist. 
And both side completely discount millennia of non-vaccine herd-immunity as vaccines haven't taken up the last 10 seconds of the 24 hours of human evolution.  But don't let that get in the way of a good yarn.

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Maybe if a bunch of Aussies chartered a plane they would experience similar.

"Their own nationals" are likely to go through normal channels, which are currently undoable.

So you imply that the Australian Border Police or other Australian Government Organisations are corrupt?

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

I live in Phetchaburi province. I visited the government hospital in Cha-Am the other day with my Thai wife to see if I could get vaccinated. They took a copy of my passport and booked me for a jab next Monday. Perhaps I was just lucky.

It's where you live. 

That doesn't happen in Pattaya where there is a very large population of expats.

I'm high risk and I have no options to get a vaccine in Pattaya in a timely manner. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bupkis.

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

It's where you live. 

That doesn't happen in Pattaya where there is a very large population of expats.

I'm high risk and I have no options to get a vaccine in Pattaya in a timely manner. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bupkis.

I'm in the same boat and have even less of a chance cuz I'm not as hansome [sic] a man as you. ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's where you live. 

You haven’t answered a question I asked you in another thread - Perhaps you have in other comments but one of your threads is over 1600 posts long, too many to read through. 

Have you ever attempted to or are you able to obtain a Yellow Tabien Baan house book ??

Also, what is the vaccination status of Thai’s in Chonburi? - are Thai’s in your area getting vaccinated ?

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Pracha Duang said:

!!There are many Thais that would happily forfeit their place in the "vaccine line" to wanting foreigners. My wife and I were both educated at Stanford University in the USA and want nothing to do with the vaccine. I would get it if forced but my wife, who is Thai  ( IQ 200+++) , would rather die than get the jab. The Thai government should set something up so that Thai citizens can transfer their right to vaccination to anyone that wants it regardless of where they come from.

This made me laugh !!!....   someone trying to convince us he’s smart and coming up with a fundamentally flawed idea.

Could you imagine the controversy as poor Thai’s who’ve fallen on hard times due to Covid-19 go further down the rabbit hole as they sell their ‘vaccine rights’ to others ??  !!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1