Pfizer, BioNTech deny talks with Thai Thonburi Healthcare on vaccines

snoop1130

11 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

My brother just flew into LAX from BKK and got J&J in the airport. 

He could have just gone to BKK airport.   J & J  being free for all farangs :  Jostled And Jilted  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Will the Chairman of Thonburi Healthcare Group be charged under the computer crimes act of spreading false news which led to his companies shares rising? Or is the act only used against those opposing the government?

I say he gets charged and prosecuted   for spreading false news. Need to make example of him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No quarantine, You can fly into PDX (Portland) and be vaccinated at the Airport. It is the hoops jumping to return here that will be a pain unfortunately.

Do you need a visa to enter the US, back a while I believe a visa was needed to enter the US and for US citizens to enter Austrailia. Maybe it has changed since my son travelled there.

1 hour ago, tonysilly said:

Come to America. Walk into any Pharmacy drug store and get a vaccine shot for free !!!! 100%  

Same in Canada... and same in my birth country Serbia. They even gave it to Albanians free of charge.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Now we can't even get to the "thinking about placing an order" phase.

We're at the "Company issues denials about a deal" phase.

I'd say this couldn't get more ridiculous, but I know I'd be wrong.

The government has said they plan to think about forming a committee to look into drafting a proposal to consider buying 20 MM doses of Pfizer.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/thailand-books-20-mln-doses-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccines-2021-06-11/

Thailand is in the early stages of it's ****MASS**** vaccination program, well you could fit all those vaccinated "so far" into an ancient red Bangkok bus! These people would do "brain surgery wearing boxing gloves and using chop sticks!

Thailand has got itself into a mess because of policy errors. Too much interest in controlling vaccine supply (to maximise profit and clawbacks), not enough in the health of the nation. Meanwhile the pandemic rages, daily cases increase and many die. 

41 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Do you need a visa to enter the US, back a while I believe a visa was needed to enter the US and for US citizens to enter Austrailia. Maybe it has changed since my son travelled there.

Australians do not need a visa for a short visit, but need to get an online ESTA authorization prior to travel:

"Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) | U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Thailand" https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/bangkok/us-agencies/u-s-customs-border-protection/esta/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joloit said:

Another committee……

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The government has said they plan to think about forming a committee to look into drafting a proposal to consider buying 20 MM doses of Pfizer.

Don't look into it do it.

And if you really must have a committee restrict the numbers (seven ? nine ?) to accelerate the decision-taking; no crowds of 30+ round the table to agree how important the issue is and resolve to hold another meeting to discuss further. The matter is both important and urgent: it demands quick decisions.

• Like 2

There was a mention of having Russia's " Sputnik V " that by all accounts has the least side effects , or does political bias stand in the way because it is Russian . I have little doubt that Sputnik V would be more readily available than other vaccines . I am not thinking to be vaccinated , but if pressed would accept Sputnik V . I live in a big rural village , all the many government officers and teachers were summoned for vaccination and only 3 were vaccinated .

7 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Australians do not need a visa for a short visit, but need to get an online ESTA authorization prior to travel:

"Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) | U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Thailand" https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/bangkok/us-agencies/u-s-customs-border-protection/esta/

You dont need a visa to enter USA. Just run across the border. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marty147 said:

Is anyone able to access and read the article?

Maybe it's already been blocked by our glorious leader!

I'm in the US. The article is brutal and says what everyone knows about incompetence and corruption, but I'll refrain from posting it here.

Edited by wasabi

11 minutes ago, Toscano said:

There was a mention of having Russia's " Sputnik V " that by all accounts has the least side effects , or does political bias stand in the way because it is Russian . I have little doubt that Sputnik V would be more readily available than other vaccines . I am not thinking to be vaccinated , but if pressed would accept Sputnik V . I live in a big rural village , all the many government officers and teachers were summoned for vaccination and only 3 were vaccinated .

Sounds like they were pushing Sinovac. Thai people dont even want it