Pfizer, BioNTech deny talks with Thai Thonburi Healthcare on vaccines

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Shares of the hospital group rose as much 13.45%

No this is just plain stupid.  Reportedly the Thonburi group has a market cap of approximately 25 billion baht.  That would mean its value would have gone up, by 366 million baht.   I realize that they will be making some money from the sale of the vaccine but how many injections would you have to give in order to justify that increase in value.  This is particularly true since unlike ongoing operations, the vaccines if effective are not something that would generate the same level of injections each and every year. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Pottinger said:

"US pharmaceutical companies are said to have walked away from Thailand rather than contravene the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act."

<Link to a potentially very risky article removed, you can Google the above quote>

Is anyone able to access and read the article?

Maybe it's already been blocked by our glorious leader!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

UK also I think..............

"You don’t need to prove your identity, your address or your immigration status to access the vaccine. You will not have to pay for your vaccination."

https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus/how-get-vaccine/getting-covid-vaccine-if-you-are-not-registered-gp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Can anyone recommend a country to visit from Thailand for holiday and vaccine.

AU passport.

Serious question. I'm over this rubbish.

Abu Dhabi...but you need to hang around for a while for the second shot. They use Sinopharm and Pfizer.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/these-countries-are-now-offering-covid-19-vaccines-for-tourists/

Looks like Spain may also provide free vaccines..but there is a lot of covid there now:

https://www.william-russell.com/blog/getting-a-covid-vaccine-as-an-expat/

Edited by gearbox
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pottinger said:

"US pharmaceutical companies are said to have walked away from Thailand rather than contravene the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act."

<Link to a potentially very risky article removed, you can Google the above quote>

Just to note I took a Thai friend to a hospital PCR test site 2 days ago. All the PCR test kits were supplied by Zuellig Pharma, the Thai agent for Moderna. These people have leverage.

• Like 1