PM calls for confidence in vaccines provided to citizens

snoop1130

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think the only way he could get any confidence in any Chinese gunk would be to turn the internet off for 6 months

Hopefully he doesn't read your advice. Be never sure he would do it.

15 hours ago, misterjames said:

Ambiguous, I think it's pretty clear Thai people are happy to take 2 x AZ shots but they don't want the Chinese stuff or a mix of AZ and the Chinese stuff, so what he means stop rejecting the Chinese vaccines.

Richard Barrow is reporting that people are walking out rather than take the mix on Samui saying they don't want to be guinea pigs.

Capsssture.PNG

I dont see how this mix works. First you have one jab of Sinovac that gives you 10% protection . After 40 days Sinovac looses 50% of protection. Now your down to 5% . This study was just done by a Thai virologist . This is not even the Delta strain. Then you have AZ that is 33% protection on the first jab against Delta. The second jab of AZ gets you all the way up to 90% against Delta. Why not stay with 2 jabs of AZ. Its a no brainer. The reason why is they have large amount of Sinovac they paid for and they need to get rid of before it goes bad. So Make Thais and expats guinea pigs.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Apparently, the government of Malaysia has no more confidence in Sinovac.  They will use up the remaining Chinese vaccines, and switch over to Pfizer for the remainder of the vaccination program.  Why do they keep shoving Sinovac into us?

$30 a vial might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, club said:

I dont see how this mix works. First you have one jab of Sinovac that gives you 10% protection . After 40 days Sinovac looses 50% of protection. Now your down to 5% . This study was just done by a Thai virologist . This is not even the Delta strain. Then you have AZ that is 33% protection on the first jab against Delta. The second jab of AZ gets you all the way up to 90% against Delta. Why not stay with 2 jabs of AZ. Its a no brainer. The reason why is they have large amount of Sinovac they paid for and they need to get rid of before it goes bad. So Make Thais and expats guinea pigs.

You have a big stash of AZ vaccine you're willing to share with the Thai govt? Or you know a guy who knows a guy?

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Why do they keep shoving Sinovac into us?

They want to use it up too! Can't produce the AZ and foolishly did not pursue alternatives in 2020... committed to their domestic supplies!

2 hours ago, connda said:

<snip>

Well - keep those schools closed.  Maybe they can dumb-down the next generation and turn them into a mindless, obedient servant-class who will believe anything they are told.

I've taught thousands of Thai students over the last 10 years. There is an awareness common among them that gives me hope for the future.

• Like 2

GAVI is buying Sinopharm for 3rd World Countries at a reduced price.

"Saving Face" is of course the Modus Operandi here in LOS. And that is

EXACTLY what Prayuth is doing.

But the locals know the score. Social media is abuzz with the REAL

story.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

The PM went on to indicate that Gavi, the World Vaccine Alliance, which counts UNICEF among its members, plans to provide 60 million doses of Sinopharm and 50 million doses of Sinovac vaccines under the COVAX program to impoverished nations.

Is he implying that Thailand is an impoverished nation...?

Oh, but didn't Thailand decline Covax...? Have they changed their minds, meaning rather, has Big Uncle changed his mind?

Edited by Scott Tracy
Added last 2 sentences.

1. I read recently they're just ordered 10.9 million Sinovac doses (for B6.1 billion) so it will have to be used, right? - they can hardly just pour it down the drain.

2. Yes, amusing to see him lining up the country as "improvished" - and thereby hoping for some freebie vax donations.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Prime Minister has called for confidence in the three brands of COVID-19 vaccine being supplied by the government as they are World Health Organization (WHO) approved and widely used.

The idiot couldnt even call for a pizza without screwing it up.