PM calls for confidence in vaccines provided to citizens

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

We've seen the spreading power of the Delta variant in India UK, Indonesia and now Europe and USA . It will one day take hold in China then we'll see how that country's vaccines cope. 

Explainer: Are Chinese COVID-19 shots effective against the Delta variant?

BEIJING, June 29 (Reuters) 

(Excerpt )- 'coping')

Guangdong, China's major manufacturing and export hub, became the country's biggest cluster of Delta cases since reporting its first locally transmitted Delta variant infection in May.

The Delta infections included 146 cases in Guangdong's capital Guangzhou and several cases from the southern tech hub of Shenzhen and nearby Dongguan city.

No new domestic transmissions of any variant have been reported in the province from June 22

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/are-chinese-covid-19-shots-effective-against-delta-variant-2021-06-29/

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, misterjames said:

Ambiguous, I think it's pretty clear Thai people are happy to take 2 x AZ shots but they don't want the Chinese stuff or a mix of AZ and the Chinese stuff, so what he means stop rejecting the Chinese vaccines.

Richard Barrow is reporting that people are walking out rather than take the mix on Samui saying they don't want to be guinea pigs.

Capsssture.PNG

Sure I would! I'd just replace that Sinovac dose for another Astra Zeneca... or maybe both of them for Moderna or Pfizer... or worst case, if I was only allowed to replace one, I'd swap it with J&J...

• Like 1

Apparently, the government of Malaysia has no more confidence in Sinovac.  They will use up the remaining Chinese vaccines, and switch over to Pfizer for the remainder of the vaccination program.  Why do they keep shoving Sinovac into us?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The PM went on to indicate that Gavi, the World Vaccine Alliance, which counts UNICEF among its members, plans to provide 60 million doses of Sinopharm and 50 million doses of Sinovac vaccines under the COVAX program to impoverished nations.

That counts out Aseans economic powerhouse then.

No freebies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1