Video: Disgruntled mobile phone customer trashes DTAC shop in Sri Racha

webfact

On 7/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, alien365 said:

I just hope he doesn't have a wife and children who potentially live in fear due to his temper. 

you could say the same about many thai's .....  both female and male.

Edited by steven100

On 7/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

...  I've seen first hand people that try to help up and end up beaten...or worse.  ...

I know a former Virginia (USA) State Trooper who tried to break up a fight between a husband/wife at a gas station.  They turned on him and he had to fight both of them off. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

you could say the same about many thai's .....  both female and male.

From what I've heard, yes. From an anecdotal point, no. The people in my area (Nakhon Pathom) are very nice. I've not even seen one lose their temper since I had an altercation on the road 9 years ago

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

We haven't met ( and never will ) i just get a kick out of your comments, they amuse me.

Of course we will never meet.  You aren't even in Thailand. 

You just continue to troll, but fear not HBH, I will continue to post content for your amusement, unlike yourself, who contributes zero to discussion.  

Edited by Leaver

58 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Of course we will never meet.  You aren't even in Thailand. 

You just continue to troll, but fear not HBH, I will continue to post content for your amusement, unlike yourself, who contributes zero to discussion.  

I contribute a lot of very useful info unlike your doom and gloom predictions.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Link?

OP at the top of the thread..... 

was angry at having his contract suspended because he didn't pay the bill -

Why are you wasting my time and yours guessing at this?

Do you have a link to support your opinion rather than an irrelevant one relating to a bank incident.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

OP at the top of the thread..... 

Why are you wasting my time and yours guessing at this?

Do you have a link to support your opinion rather than an irrelevant one relating to a bank incident.

No, I don't have a link. 

Simply saying, something really ticked this guy off to smash the shop up.  Most people who don't pay their bills expect to be cut off.   They know it's just a matter of time.  It just seems a little strange that he would not pay the bill, but not expect to be cut off, and then smashes the shop up about it.

Once again, not condoning his actions, but wondering if DTAC didn't have a hand to play leading up to the incident.    

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Simply saying, something really ticked this guy off to smash the shop up.  Most people who don't pay their bills expect to be cut off.   They know it's just a matter of time.  It just seems a little strange that he would not pay the bill, but not expect to be cut off, and then smashes the shop up about it.

Perhaps that is why it was in the news.......

It isn't just cutting him off from the telephone network, but also could be they shut down the phone..... some plans offer a 'free' phone, but you have to make the payments, or it can get shut down. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps that is why it was in the news.......

It isn't just cutting him off from the telephone network, but also could be they shut down the phone..... some plans offer a 'free' phone, but you have to make the payments, or it can get shut down. 

I think they can do that with phones that have eSims. 

You have probably seen "Unlock" or "Jailbreak" signs on the phone shops here.  It's easy to unlock a phone that's tied to a specific network.  

Again, not condoning his actions with damaging the shop, but DTAC really ticked him off, which makes me wonder if some DTAC incompetence wasn't involved.  

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

You have probably seen "Unlock" or "Jailbreak" signs on the phone shops here.  It's easy to unlock a phone that's tied to a specific network.

No this feature was more than simply a locked SIM.... those were not allowed in Thailand some years ago, but I have had Thai text translated which suggests some locking is around these days. Even in UK  there were some models/providers that were harder to unlock.... seems fair when effectively the phone comes free with a contract. In Thailand I always buy an unlocked phone. 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:08 AM, jacko45k said:

No this feature was more than simply a locked SIM.... those were not allowed in Thailand some years ago, but I have had Thai text translated which suggests some locking is around these days. Even in UK  there were some models/providers that were harder to unlock.... seems fair when effectively the phone comes free with a contract. In Thailand I always buy an unlocked phone. 

You must be referring to phones with eSims.  

It's not a free phone, it's actually a credit contract, similar to applying for a credit card.    

• Confused 1

On 7/16/2021 at 10:27 AM, Wiggy said:

I agree. Although it’s not good to resort to violence, we all know how frustrating it can be dealing with these companies, but that doesn’t justify the completely over the top reaction from the ‘mob’. Poor guy. 

Ohh stop, the guy was smashing the place  up, could of had a weapon.