Video: Disgruntled mobile phone customer trashes DTAC shop in Sri Racha

webfact

3pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video posted on news outlet Sriracha News's site showed an angry customer trash a mobile phone operator's store in a well known mall in the eastern seaboard city. 

It said DTAC Hall outside.

The man - who it appears was angry at having his contract suspended because he didn't pay the bill - damaged a great deal of phones and other items in the shop, reported the Thai media. 

A 1 minute 38 second video showed security arrive on the scene slowly as people milled about. 

When one man made a citizen's arrest many followed in to ensure the miscreant was taken into custody. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-16

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Shocking, typical 10 Thai men pouncing on 1 poor dis satisfied customer.

Poor man was just asking why his phone service was cut. Laughing emojis, ohh they dont work.

I agree. Although it’s not good to resort to violence, we all know how frustrating it can be dealing with these companies, but that doesn’t justify the completely over the top reaction from the ‘mob’. Poor guy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor man was just asking why his phone service was cut. Laughing emojis, ohh they dont work.

The original post in this thread:

"The man - who it appears was angry at having his contract suspended because he didn't pay the bill...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

i'm always surprised why people want to get involved with something that has nothing to do with them.....

Why would you risk your own safety?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

No neither do mine,thought it was just my phone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

i'm always surprised why people want to get involved with something that has nothing to do with them.....

Why would you risk your own safety?

Because the lone security guard was a bit nervous, but finally had to do something; so he grabbed the guy. But the guy looked as if he was going to overpower the guard, so people joined in en masse to assist. 

Starving people have nothing to do with me either, but I still try to make sure they have something to eat. 

You have lost all sense of community?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Nonsense

Well, the mental health of many around the world has suffered, to varying degrees.  

We look at this video clip and see an a**hole, but how many of us have had dealings with multinational companies where the simplest things just can't get done, which leads to frustration, and possibly phone abuse, and even violence, as in this case.  

I'm not condoning this guy's actions, just wondering if the DTAC company could have handled him, being the account holder / customer, better. 

As it turns out, this video clip is probably going to reflect more badly on DTAC than it will this guy.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Because the lone security guard was a bit nervous, but finally had to do something; so he grabbed the guy. But the guy looked as if he was going to overpower the guard, so people joined in en masse to assist. 

Starving people have nothing to do with me either, but I still try to make sure they have something to eat. 

You have lost all sense of community?

That's what the security guard signs up for ( the clue's in his job title ).

I've seen first hand people that try to help up and end up beaten...or worse.

If people want to play the hero they should expect what may come their way.

I have not lost sense of community, i mind my own business and don't get involved with issues that are not mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1