MedPark Covid Vaccine Registration - this one works.

Liverpool Lou

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Considering how quickly registration closed at Phyathai...".

What do you mean?    I also registered with Phayathai 2 just yesterday morning, it was still open then.

Everyday this week Phyathai registration closed about 5 minutes after the link appeared.  

4 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Everyday this week Phyathai registration closed about 5 minutes after the link appeared.  

You were just unlucky getting through.     As I said, I was able to register (at 9.02am) on Friday (yesterday) and received an appointment for the 28th by SMS yesterday evening.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Got as far as "This free vaccine registration is non-transferrable." Well since I live outside BKK and things change by the hour in LoS, that was the end of that. I did not proceed. 11 August was the earliest date offered.

I understand the issue of not living in Bangkok but if you could get there why would the non transferable part of it be a problem?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't understand some people.   For months foreigners have been whinging on this forum that there are no vaccines available for them, even though it was announced that they would all be vaccinated in due course, and now that there are appointments and vaccine available they start questioning how they can be available?   Makes no sense.     

If anyone in the referenced group wants a vaccination you can still register and get a booking, if you don't want one, don't apply, but don't query everything positive about it just for the hell of it.

I agree it is great news. But after the other offers being so incredibly limited and difficult to book, it's SUPRISING that Medpark is so easy to book.

However the fact Intervac STILL is not doing anything outside of Bangkok is STILL worthy of very legitimate criticism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

Got as far as "This free vaccine registration is non-transferrable." Well since I live outside BKK and things change by the hour in LoS, that was the end of that. I did not proceed. 11 August was the earliest date offered.

Ok... so you don’t really want the vaccine then do you..... 

MedPark have been very reliable - so far not one negative story from there with either bookings or actually receiving the vaccine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Thank you for the link I put all the information in double checked it and when I press submit it said I had three errors I went back over checked and they were like three or four on the very bottom things I could not open I hit submit again it still said they were errors

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Thank you for the link I put all the information in double checked it and when I press submit it said I had three errors I went back over checked and they were like three or four on the very bottom things I could not open I hit submit again it still said they were errors

Reduce the zoom size of your page to 90% and the top box, which you need to tick will display fully, and you tick it. I had the same problem, but once I reduced the zoom from 100% to 90% it worked. Hope this helps. Tick all the other boxes, except the last one, unless you want MedPark marketing blurb.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You were just unlucky getting through.     As I said, I was able to register (at 9.02am) on Friday (yesterday) and received an appointment for the 28th by SMS yesterday evening.

I was unlucky 5 days in a row and as there were only 100 slots per day they filled up pretty quickly, within 4 minutes of opening.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I also tried yesterday, for the first time, and was able to register, and my appointment for the 28th was also sent to me by SMS last night.

I understand that yesterday was the last day in the current round.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

MedPark confirmed that it's Astra Zeneca.

I phoned them after placing my appointment and the nice lady on the phone said it might be AZ or the Cinovac, and she cant tell me which one I will get, seems to be luck of the draw (availability at the time of of turning up), but I will walk out if they want to give me the Chinese Rose Water!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JohnHans said:

I phoned them after placing my appointment and the nice lady on the phone said it might be AZ or the Cinovac, and she cant tell me which one I will get, seems to be luck of the draw (availability at the time of of turning up), but I will walk out if they want to give me the Chinese Rose Water!!!!!

That sounds like the most credible description of the situation.

On the intervac page it says that both AstraZenica and Sinovac are currently available and on the MedPark page they don't mention brand at all. Not great because pretty much everyone prefers AstraZenica to Sinovac.

• Confused 1

Thai Foreign Relations

@ThaiForeign

·

The Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has tweeted to say that they will open an online platform soon so that all foreigners living in #Thailand can register to be vaccinated. Thank you Khun Tanee.

https://twitter.com/ThaiForeign/status/1416326191045255171

The Thai Govt’s committed to ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines for all foreigners residing in Thailand. MFA, in coop w/ MOPH, will open this month an online platform for the registration of expats wishing to be vaccinated, the details of which will b announced in due course.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1416318706821394433

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai Foreign Relations

@ThaiForeign

·

The Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has tweeted to say that they will open an online platform soon so that all foreigners living in #Thailand can register to be vaccinated. Thank you Khun Tanee.

https://twitter.com/ThaiForeign/status/1416326191045255171

The Thai Govt’s committed to ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines for all foreigners residing in Thailand. MFA, in coop w/ MOPH, will open this month an online platform for the registration of expats wishing to be vaccinated, the details of which will b announced in due course.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1416318706821394433

According to the CCSA announcement yesterday, that is FAKE NEWS.

I booked a slot yesterday for August 15th.

I could have scheduled it a couple of days earlier than that but I am driving down from Chiang Mai

to receive it.

I have decided to take this action as it could be a very long time before vaccines become available to me up here. I have paid for Mordena at a private hospital here, as many have, but there is talk of this now not arriving till next year.

I know it's a risk, but I have discussed it with my son who lives in Bangkok and we have concluded that providing we take good care of ourselves, (taking food and water and trying to stop as infrequently as possible), we should be OK.

My appointment is for 2.30pm, and so my intention is to leave home at 6am and drive directly to the hospital. I planned it for a Sunday so the traffic will be lighter.

I believe that travelling by car is safer than flying (with regard to the amount of people we will come into contact with) and who knows that there will be flights available that day? Even after we booked them?

We will be in our own little "Travel bubble" so baring breakdowns or accidents we should be fine.

I will get the car serviced before we go, even though she doesn't really need one.

I will then stay at my son's house until I know how the side effects affect me, my daughter-in-law did not fully recover for 36 hours, so as I am not a very healthy person,(over 65 with underlying health conditions)...as the saying goes these days, I had better not take any chances, but cover every eventuality.

I called the hospital to check the brand...AZ. Very friendly staff

I will call again the day before I intend to travel to ensure they still have stock, and that its the right vaccine.

The hospital points out that by signing up for this I am waivering my rights for the free vaccination that I signed up for in CM...this is now IT.

I too was surprised by the very low uptake of these appointments. I first looked at booking 3 hours before I did book it, but only about 6 slots were reserved in that time.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who to believe?

You whoever you are or CCSA?

This was stated by the Thai foreign Ministry yesterday 17 July.  Your Covid-19 daily update was 16 July.

Oh, by the way, who are you?

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

This was stated by the Thai foreign Ministry yesterday 17 July.  Your Covid-19 daily update was 16 July.

Oh, by the way, who are you?

I'm not convinced but we will see the truth in due course. 

Bait ignored.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That sounds like the most credible description of the situation.

On the intervac page it says that both AstraZenica and Sinovac are currently available and on the MedPark page they don't mention brand at all.

So the credibility of my being told, specifically, that it will be AZ is trumped by the "credibility" of someone else being told that "she didn't know and it could be either"?