Thailand proposes 10 year visas and land ownership for foreigners - again

webfact

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

All noise until anything happens. The digital nomad visa is a winner for remote workers, but the devil will be in the detail and all the meaningless hoops that will no doubt be added that's out of touch with how globally positioned people actually work.

Thailand did do something like this to help bring money in after the 1991 recession (the condo act), and in 1997 (the sale of various significant real properties to foreign corporations for development). It's not unprecedented and it will probably become necessary if Thailand seeks to rise out of the current recession quickly.

I for one am looking forward to acquiring a nice beachfront home if they go ahead with freehold for foreigners.

• Like 2

I can't say I did not see this coming. After 15 years to nearly the day of making things more difficult for people to stay in Thailand, the blood flow to the countries coffers is finally at critical level. Lack of money can overcome xenophobia.

• Like 1

Immediately after reading this article came to mind the greed and racist human value classification. Why do you start marking foreigners when you come to Thailand with bracelets of different colors that would make you see the value of different people in Thailand.

• Confused 1

Thailand proposes 10 year visas and land ownership for foreigners - again  

Sounds ok of it was for Normal people not just for the HI SO and Super Rich. 

If I had All that money to plash around I wouldn't be here . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whale said:

I am in one of those groups. Pity I have no trust in any Thai administration to treat me fairly after nearly 30 years here. Too little too late.

An obvious question: Will this wunnerful new arrangement - assuming it ever becomes a reality - apply only to newbies attracted to Thailand by the new scheme? or will it potentially apply to those of us already here who meet one or other criterion?

• Like 1