Thailand proposes 10 year visas and land ownership for foreigners - again

webfact

2 hours ago, raccos21 said:

That kinda of money I can buy a citizenship in other countries.

That kind of money will buy you an island and you can make your own laws.

I never understood people buying a 40 million baht property over here,i know what i would do.

For the truly rich it is all about seeing and being seen,will never happen in Thailand.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

8millions baht wasted on useless property

8 million on a house is not a great amount. i got a 2 up 2 down in the UK for that. 8 mil buys you a lot of house here.

Just now, connda said:

Why in God's name would I pay huge sums of money to move to Thailand to live like this.  I could move to San Diego.  Or for that matter Baja (I could buy a beachfront mansion).  And the weather is better and people actually speak English.

VIJF.jpg.38641e5b7067397645351c28515740f7.jpg.f226caed7dd5baab35daed3d8ebb983e.jpg

Actually, they speak "Californian," but it wouldn't be hard to learn the accent.

• Like 1

Why can't the politicians just allow foreigners to buy 1 rai, 2 rais, or whatever anywhere and build a house there? Not everyone wants to live in a tightly packed housing estate or condominium. The rich people that the government wants to attract don't want this. They want the freedom to choose where they live and not to be told "You have to buy the house in one of (XX) housing estates (where we will make lots of commission)."

• Like 1

I expect that the rich will also have to report every 90 days and obey the TM30 requirements. If so, they won't come ... except the money launderers and the wealthy in China who want to be able to flee the CCP at a moment's notice, of course.

• Like 1

“Masters Degree” kills it stone dead....completely irrelevant criteria which almost nobody interested would meet.....unless bought backdated from some <deleted>hole country.......Zero Democratic Institutions & Unsaleable Property Market & No Permanent Residency........Result: Stillborn on Arrival ( IF it arrives at all).

• Like 1

There are not many foreigners with that type of money who want to live in Thailand.

8 million baht in property or government baht, while also being able to show a minimum annual income of $40,000. (Is this USD)

They might as well live in places like Hawaii or California where the language is not a problem , food is familiar, weather is cooler etc.

I wonder every time they come up with these shocking policies, were any respectable foreigners consulted as to the practicality of the proposed schemes.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

1 - it might appeal to digital nomads who like the idea of working from a tropical beach (while ignoring the humidity and mosquitoes), but why five years experience in their field and a Masters Degree? If they have proved over five years that they can do the job then a degree of any kind is irrelevant.

2 - Rich people have far better places to spend their time and money than Thailand, where infrastructure is often poor, the roads are dangerous and they will always be a prime target for scammers and thieves.

3 - The government can, and sometimes does, change the rules, as they did when pulling back from the early promises given when the Elite Visa was introduced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whale said:

I am in one of those groups. Pity I have no trust in any Thai administration to treat me fairly after nearly 30 years here. Too little too late.

Same for me and lack of “trust” is exactly the issue. Because these guys can change anything at any moment in time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Andrew Dwyer

Kicked out of Bradford University 

Source of Wealth: Pension 

Net Worth: Struggling 

BusyB kicked out of school at 15 ...

Completed a degree with the Open University (aged 52) before the tories wrecked that as well ...

Net worth, just about enuff and happy  ;D

9 hours ago, BE88 said:

But where do these people live on Mars?

No. They live on the planet called La-La-Land, of which the moons Greed and Corruption circle in a chaotic and lopsided trajectory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydneydave said:

Yet here, I can buy a beautiful 4 bedroom house near the beach for $400,000 and work in a job that will pay at least $40,000 a year, which is enough to live on.

I can tell you haven't looked at house prices for a LOOOONG time ?  My sh!t box apartment on the Gold Coast is about AUD$800K then taxes on the top of course.   Even little sh!t boxes in Tasmania (not a  beautiful 4 bedroom house that you allude to) on a beach in the middle of no where are  >$600k, a nice place "near the beach" and you need closer to a $1 Million.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravip said:

the attitude is basically not there yet. (e.g. only "rich" foreigners)

Please, can someone tell me a non-corrupt, developed country that welcomes poor foreigners? I ain't rich, hence looking for a super developed country to live with the pittance I have.

Exactly, some hehe want their sticky drive and eat it too 

• Like 1

A few years ago, I decided that I want to buy land. It isn't difficult if married. Got an easy job teaching English 12 hours a week, 4 months paid holiday a year, for 40k a month, apply for citizenship, pay 5000 baht and wait 3 years. 

If you want something badly, sacrifices must be made. Many here want the benefits of a developing country with the benefits of their home country 

Old Sven, Bob, Hank, and Helmut think they should get full citizen's rights if they marry Buriram Noi from the Pink pussy restaurant. 

Keep the law as it is please! 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ravip said:

the attitude is basically not there yet. (e.g. only "rich" foreigners)

Please, can someone tell me a non-corrupt, developed country that welcomes poor foreigners? I ain't rich, hence looking for a super developed country to live with the pittance I have.

Why no your country, Thailand on the next future is only for rich most rich Chinese I suppose.

8 hours ago, J Town said:

The US embassy sent emails this morning to its registered citizens at 8:27 this morning, informing them of AZ jab availability. I wasn't aware of the email until 9:05. I went to enroll and got the following:

too late.jpg

Is AZ jab approved by FDA now?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

1. ‘Rich’ global citizens

2. ‘Wealthy’ retirees

3. Digital nomads - or professionals working from Thailand

4. Highly skilled professionals

I met at least 2 of these conditions before I moved here 13 years ago. But not being allowed to earn a living here, the income has dried out, so now only state pension left.

• Thanks 1

Same old story. Much ado about nothing. Those who have one million dollar as a reserve they are on the Bahamas and some luxurious places. Will never come to Thailand I am sure.

Edited by Gabor56
  • Like 2