Current list of requirements extension of stay based on 'marriage'

For the past 2 years, CW have accepted a bank letter dated the day before extension. So.....

* did the IO actually look at the letter date?

* did they notice the date and not care?

* is the day before "set in stone" and will be accepted?

Your guess is as good as mine!!

I did mine last week, using the monthly deposit method.

To the above lists, I had to add ( CM province) copies of original Thai marriage certificate, copies of every  stamped page in my passport, copies of last 90 day, and the map must be hand  drawn. 

The IO required  ( in the financial portion) a summary letter from my bank, a 12 month print out from the bank, and copies of every page in my bank book and the update on the day of application for this extension. My wife and I had to wait about 45 minutes for a "higher-up" confirmation that it was ok for the IO to make a copy of one passport page to replace the one that I made - one that I made did not show the opposite blank page fully ( a bit lopsided and I included it because I assumed being blank was not pertinent) IO was gracious about pointing this out and making the new copy. Be warned, any passport page should be copied at a % that allows full view. My consideration period will be longer than in the past 12 extensions - I return in mid Sept. equaling 45 or so days, rather than 30. All Immigration personnel were polite and professional. I would have been finished much faster, had I had everything in order. 

To get an extension based on marriage, is it necessary to have entered Thailand with a visa, or is it OK to have come in with the 30-day visa exemption?  I am a British national currently in France with a visa extension valid until 26 September and a re-entry permit, but I have strong reasons for not wanting to come back to Thailand until November. So I would be grateful to know if it is possible or greatly disadvantageous to come to Thailand with no visa and apply for an extension based on marriage? (If it's impossible, I'll have to come in September)

28 minutes ago, jrmaanda said:

To get an extension based on marriage, is it necessary to have entered Thailand with a visa, or is it OK to have come in with the 30-day visa exemption?  I am a British national currently in France with a visa extension valid until 26 September and a re-entry permit, but I have strong reasons for not wanting to come back to Thailand until November. So I would be grateful to know if it is possible or greatly disadvantageous to come to Thailand with no visa and apply for an extension based on marriage? (If it's impossible, I'll have to come in September)

You can enter visa exempt and then apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration. Requirements for the visa application is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days apply for a one year extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

6 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

What happens when your ampur concerned  is closed coz of covid ??

They would waive the updated Marriage Certificate kor2??

Wbr

Roobaa01

we never go to the immigration with the Kor Ror 2 from the amphur, but this year was the first one. when we presented the original marriage certificate (colour printed) and the B&W copy, and the Kor Ror 2 from Amphur, the IO said IF we have the original marriage certificate with us, then the Kor Ror 2 is not required. (March in Immigration 1, Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok)

Thank you very much Ubonjoe.  In that case, please could you possibly confirm that I would be right in concluding that the only disadvantages of starting again from entering with no visa (versus returning to Thailand before my extension expire) are (1) double the bureaucracy, and (2) that I would have to buy a return airticket to enter. Or is there anything else?

7 minutes ago, jrmaanda said:

Thank you very much Ubonjoe.  In that case, please could you possibly confirm that I would be right in concluding that the only disadvantages of starting again from entering with no visa (versus returning to Thailand before my extension expire) are (1) double the bureaucracy, and (2) that I would have to buy a return airticket to enter. Or is there anything else?

It requires 2 trips to immigration for the non-o visa and then the normal 2 trips to immigration for the extension.

To enter visa exempt you would not need a return ticket. You can get a one way or onward ticket to anywhere to show the airline.

If you return using a re-entry permit you do not need a onward or return ticket and no need to apply for a new visa.

Anyone have a recent list of what Chiang Mai is requiring for extension based on marriage using seasoned money these days.  How early before extension expires to apply, 400k 60 days before extension expiration or before putting in application, can't touch until extension granted still correct, etc...

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Anyone have a recent list of what Chiang Mai is requiring for extension based on marriage using seasoned money these days.  How early before extension expires to apply, 400k 60 days before extension expiration or before putting in application, can't touch until extension granted still correct, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Never mind, changed my search words and found a recent list for Chiang Mai.  Thanks.