How much is Bangkok bank charge fee when transferring 2M THB from overseas

13 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I don't recall asking for your insults. This just proves your lack of intelligence.

It's a shame that sometimes well informed posters become patronising in their comments...It really kills a thread and is actually counter-productive........... Those with lesser info or experience can often be intimidated and prefer not to post their experiences or thoughts, even when they may have unique and relative experiences that may expose flaws and invariably, further debate...........shame that.................

On 7/20/2021 at 3:40 AM, BobinBKK said:

I have never seen a specific charge posted in my BB bankbook. I recently transferred 25k USD from Chase Bank in America and received the "actual daily rate" for that day for a fee of $40 USD charged by Chase.

I used rationalfx (to my knowledge, a similar set up to Wise) to send some money to a Siam Commercial account last week. In the passbook there was no record of any charges, but the net amount shown was different than the net amount amount sent by rationalfx. The recipient went to the bank and the cashier gave them a print out. It showed that the money arrived in the country at Bangkok bank and they had charged 350b and the local Siam branch had charged 100b and there was some other 10b charge.................................

15 minutes ago, bojo said:

It's a shame that sometimes well informed posters become patronising in their comments...It really kills a thread and is actually counter-productive........... Those with lesser info or experience can often be intimidated and prefer not to post their experiences or thoughts, even when they may have unique and relative experiences that may expose flaws and invariably, further debate...........shame that.................

There are many users on this site that are compelled to start "name calling", "insulting" or  "swearing" at others when a thought or opinion is different than their own. I read your other reply to me, and your method is different than mine, but I surely won't verbally attack you for it being different. Sharing information is how cognitive learning works.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

Allow me to assist you... I'm talking about the date I last transferred money (which is going to be different) than whatever day you pulled this up. You stick to your method, and I'll stick to mine. And YES, I did in fact look at your precious WISE transfer as a rate comparison on the date of MY transfer. Your precious WISE rate today is no different than what I prefer to use. I also don't like linking my checking account to anything other than BANK to BANK transfers for ANYTHING. $40 USD (pocket change for me) is not included in my transfer calculation, it's my peace of mind and security. It's MY personal preference and not up for debate with you or anyone else, period! 

Screenshot_2021-07-23-11-49-09-31_b144afea3cacc84078dd0438a656ebf8.jpg

If it is not up for debate, then I suggest that you don't post it as advice! As otherwise there is the possibility that others will think your statements correct and possibly follow your erroneous 'suggestions'.

Once again, the graphs you show there are not related to anything to do with your bank transfer.

Some of us are intelligent enough to note the details. You wrote (BB); which relates to Bangkok Bank. An intelligent person will know there are two main possibilities: Send in Baht(definitely not the "actual daily rate") or sending home currency for the Thai bank to do the exchange.

Since you mentioned Bangkok Bank, their exchange rates are published, under 'TT
Buying Rates', multiple times per day.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/View-Rates/Foreign-Exchange-Rates

So those are the rates by which you will be bound....unless it is not a bank to bank transfer. 

Better for you to not shout so strongly about your intelligence in this case. As I stated, you will only be convincing others of your erroneous opinions as best.

Now have a pleasant day, as opposed to arguing and still getting it wrong.

48 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

There are many users on this site that are compelled to start "name calling", "insulting" or  "swearing" at others when a thought or opinion is different than their own. I read your other reply to me, and your method is different than mine, but I surely won't verbally attack you for it being different. Sharing information is how cognitive learning works.

Perhaps you are referring to the phrase 'more fool you'. It's a saying:

More fool you: means you are showing a lack of judgement

That is a generally accepted definition.

You, by definition, are doing exactly that.

Spreading the wrong information. It's not about opinions; it's about facts. People here do not need erroneous opinions. They need facts.

There was no insult; simply the statement of fact. The fact that you have overreacted somewhat; speaks to your own level of intelligence. 

If you want to stay ignorant(by your statement that it is not up for debate) that is up to you. But I will not stand by and allow you to misinform. That's the point here. People ask for/need advice, notwithstanding the erroneous 'opinions'.

Edited by Eindhoven

51 minutes ago, bojo said:

I used rationalfx (to my knowledge, a similar set up to Wise) to send some money to a Siam Commercial account last week. In the passbook there was no record of any charges, but the net amount shown was different than the net amount amount sent by rationalfx. The recipient went to the bank and the cashier gave them a print out. It showed that the money arrived in the country at Bangkok bank and they had charged 350b and the local Siam branch had charged 100b and there was some other 10b charge.................................

Then it isn't a similar set up. 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:49 AM, brianthainess said:

I agree my UK bank has one fee for sending money it is £20 no matter the amount, and the BKB charge is max 500 TB, a one off large sum I would defiantly use my UK bank.

????

Your signature says it all.

Sorry ????

You too appear to have missed the point. But you are 'defiant' about it. ???? Sorry again ????

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Then it isn't a similar set up. 

Meaning that a Wise transaction, (had the money gone through BKK bank) would not have had a 350Baht deduction? Or another reason perhaps? I've always rated rationalfx and am doing some test remittances from UK to the KIngdom to check which is the most favourable.....................

Just now, bojo said:

Meaning that a Wise transaction, (had the money gone through BKK bank) would not have had a 350Baht deduction? Or another reason perhaps? I've always rated rationalfx and am doing some test remittances from UK to the KIngdom to check which is the most favourable.....................

That is correct. No correspondent bank fee with WISE.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, Eindhoven said:

Perhaps you are referring to the phrase 'more fool you'. It's a saying:

That is a generally accepted definition.

You, by definition, are doing exactly that.

Spreading the wrong information. It's not about opinions; it's about facts. People here do not need erroneous opinions. They need facts.

There was no insult; simply the statement of fact. The fact that you have overreacted somewhat; speaks to your own level of intelligence. 

If you want to stay ignorant(by your statement that it is not up for debate) that is up to you. But I will not stand by and allow you to misinform. That's the point here. People ask for/need advice, notwithstanding the erroneous 'opinions'.

You are the one that is completely WRONG in all your replies (to me) and making assumptions about what was said which speaks for your complete lack of intelligence. My original post was not advice, period! All of my posts on any subject on this website are based on news articles or methods I use. None of which are suggestions for ANYONE to follow, period. If someone has doubts about a news article, they can simply Google it for themselves. If my methods work or don't work for others it's by their own personal preference. It's people like you that degrade this website with your trivial and petty arguing, insults, name calling and swearing when something doesn't go to suit you or you disagree with.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, Eindhoven said:

But I will not stand by and allow you to misinform.

Choose your words wisely because everything is a matter of interpretation.

1) It's not your place to "allow" me or "anyone else" to have our own point of view.

2) This can be taken as a threat.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

You are the one that is completely WRONG in all your replies (to me) and making assumptions about what was said which speaks for your complete lack of intelligence. My original post was not advice, period! All of my posts on any subject on this website are based on news articles or methods I use. None of which are suggestions for ANYONE to follow, period. If someone has doubts about a news article, they can simply Google it for themselves. If my methods work or don't work for others it's by their own personal preference. It's people like you that degrade this website with your trivial and petty arguing, insults, name calling and swearing when something doesn't go to suit you or you disagree with.

I am going to step in here to tell you that you are completely out of order.

The title of the thread is: How much is Bangkok bank charge fee when transferring 2M THB from overseas

Your reply on this thread was:

I have never seen a specific charge posted in my BB bankbook. I recently transferred 25k USD from Chase Bank in America and received the "actual daily rate" for that day for a fee of $40 USD charged by Chase.

The "actual daily rate" in that context means nothing. But then you went on to post:

Allow me to assist you... I'm talking about the date I last transferred money (which is going to be different) than whatever day you pulled this up. You stick to your method, and I'll stick to mine. And YES, I did in fact look at your precious WISE transfer as a rate comparison on the date of MY transfer. Your precious WISE rate today is no different than what I prefer to use. I also don't like linking my checking account to anything other than BANK to BANK transfers for ANYTHING. $40 USD (pocket change for me) is not included in my transfer calculation, it's my peace of mind and security. It's MY personal preference and not up for debate with you or anyone else, period! 

Screenshot_2021-07-23-11-49-09-31_b144afea3cacc84078dd0438a656ebf8.jpg

Which is clearly misinformation.  There is no way that you received the actual Spot rate that you indicated there.

Foreign currency transfers to Bangkok Bank are subject to their rates and fees. You do not ever receive the Spot rate. 

So it's either deliberate misinformation or you have made a mistake. Which is it?

I would appreciate it if you did not fly off the handle with me. If you do so, it will be reported.

Let's just keep it on-topic if you please.

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

The title of the thread is: How much is Bangkok bank charge fee when transferring 2M THB from overseas

The "actual daily rate" in that context means nothing. But then you went on to post:

Which is clearly misinformation.  There is no way that you received the actual Spot rate that you indicated there.

Foreign currency transfers to Bangkok Bank are subject to their rates and fees. You do not ever receive the Spot rate. 

So it's either deliberate misinformation or you have made a mistake. Which is it?

I would appreciate it if you did not fly off the handle with me. If you do so, it will be reported.

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

1) If you wish, you can to go back and read my original post and "try to comprehend" what is meant by "100" or so baht either way from the rate I see published.

2) Making accusations and telling others they are "out of line" is not on topic either, nor is it your place to do so.

3) I'm not petty, but if you would like to go and report how you like to agitate others with your poor choice of words, please feel free to do so. 

18 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

1) If you wish, you can to go back and read my original post and "try to comprehend" what is meant by "100" or so baht either way from the rate I see published.

2) Making accusations and telling others they are "out of line" is not on topic either, nor is it your place to do so.

3) I'm not petty, but if you would like to go and report how you like to agitate others with your poor choice of words, please feel free to do so. 

I am not going to get involved in any 'gaslighting' and would prefer, once again, to stay on-topic.

Going back through the thread, it was made clear to you and anyone else reading, that the margin was not 100 baht, but 1000 baht for your stated amount. I 

So are you genuinely confused as to the rate that you received? I am really not sure why you are arguing. It's clear that you have it wrong.

Transfers to Bangkok Bank from abroad are subject to their TT rate, which is not the Spot rate that you claim.

That is all that matters here. I am not interested in your personal enmities. Try to remember we are here to help, not to air any personal grudges. 

Your claims are wrong and that is all.

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I am not going to get involved in any 'gaslighting' and would prefer, once again, to stay on-topic.

Going back through the thread, it was made clear to you and anyone else reading, that the margin was not 100 baht, but 1000 baht for your stated amount. I 

So are you genuinely confused as to the rate that you received? I am really not sure why you are arguing. It's clear that you have it wrong.

Transfers to Bangkok Bank from abroad are subject to their TT rate, which is not the Spot rate that you claim.

That is all that matters here. I am not interested in your personal enmities. Try to remember we are here to help, not to air any personal grudges. 

Your claims are wrong and that is all.

Rates vary throughout the day. For example, if I look at the rate at 10:15 am and it says 32.14 per $1 and by the time I get around to setting up my transfer later that same afternoon and it hits my BB account 6 hours after that and I get 32.13 per $1, I'm NOT that concerned about. Sometimes I get a little more than I expected. It's no big deal...

The $40 USD fee my US bank charges me for same day wire transfer is completely separate and beside the point. If I wanted to wait 7 days for the transfer I would only be charged a fee of $5 USD by my US bank. I don't calculate bank fees into exchange rates, if someone else does, that's completely their own personal choice and not for me to judge either way.

I'm not confused about anything. The 1000 baht margin you speak of was mentioned within someone else's reply to me. Perhaps that person was confused about the flat fee my US bank charges for wire transfers to be a margin. The wire transfer fee charged by my US bank is a flat fee no matter how much is transferred.

This is and has been my exact personal experience for the last 4 years. If your experience is completely different than mine, I certainly wouldn't sit here and say you are completely wrong about your personal experience. 

2 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Rates vary throughout the day. For example, if I look at the rate at 10:15 am and it says 32.14 per $1 and by the time I get around to setting up my transfer later that same afternoon and it hits my BB account 6 hours after that and I get 32.13 per $1, I'm NOT that concerned about. Sometimes I get a little more than I expected. It's no big deal...

The $40 USD fee my US bank charges me for same day wire transfer is completely separate and beside the point. If I wanted to wait 7 days for the transfer I would only be charged a fee of $5 USD by my US bank. I don't calculate bank fees into exchange rates, if someone else does, that's completely their own personal choice and not for me to judge either way.

I'm not confused about anything. The 1000 baht margin you speak of was mentioned within someone else's reply to me. Perhaps that person was confused about the flat fee my US bank charges for wire transfers to be a margin. The wire transfer fee charged by my US bank is a flat fee no matter how much is transferred.

This is and has been my exact personal experience for the last 4 years. If your experience is completely different than mine, I certainly wouldn't sit here and say you are completely wrong about your personal experience. 

Rates do vary. That is why Bangkok Bank update them a few times per day. But it is not the rate that you have suggested you received by your posting of a graphic.

The Bangkok Bank rate is their TT rate. The rate that you published in the Spot rate, which is offered by WISE.

It is all covered by the simple explanation that the rate you received was not the "actual daily rate", but Bangkok Bank's TT rate; which, I imagine, keeps a margin in relation to the Spot rate.

That margin has been indicated by the posts highlighting Bangkok Bank's TT rate and the rate offered by WISE; the Spot rate.

We can do it again right now. I will use the same references utilised by the other posters on this thread to keep it consistent.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/View-Rates/Foreign-Exchange-Rates

Still 32.76 via Bangkok Bank

https://wise.com/us/send-money/send-money-to-thailand

WISE now 32.96

Keep checking every day to see if the TT rate ever matches the Spot/WISE rate. It's won't. But yet you posting a graph that matched the Spot/WISE rate and claimed that is the rate that you received.

Your statement cannot be true. Nor can your statement that the difference in a US$25k transfer is as little as 100 baht. 

It's not a matter of trying to convince you to do something different. It's more for you to understand that you have it wrong; but it's still entirely your choice. But you are wrong. Whether you know this and are just trying to save face is a matter for you.

I remember reading something earlier about intelligence and insulting people...

To get back on-topic. The rate quoted by BobInBKK is not the rate received when doing a home currency bank to bank transfer to Bangkok Bank. They use the Bangkok Bank TT rate. The rate shown in the graphic was the Spot rate(incidentally, used by WISE). 

Just so no one has to wade through the whole thread to find that info. Hopefully this will be here at the end of this thread.

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I remember reading something earlier about intelligence and insulting people...

I admire your patience.  BobinBKK has posted uninformed, unhelpful drivel in this thread since his first post.  Others drawing attention to this can only help the OP and anyone else reading.

His $40 USD bank fees don't count - hilarious.