Is living in a Thai village in the middle of nowhere becoming more appealing now?

8 hours ago, johng said:

Just wait till they catch on to Nitrogen ! :tongue:

Apparently water vapour is the biggest greenhouse gas, but, IMO, they haven't worked out how to tax it or make a profit from it, so going after carbon. Elon must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MayBeNow said:

Covid is not even a pandemic, it doesnt deserve that name. Its a corporate media created 'breaking news' cashcow. In cahoots with big tech that DOUBLED their net worth since covid started. Not to mention the big pharma industry, you know, the ones that created the opiod crisis killing many tens of thousand a year for corporate gain. They all have the most inspiring incentive too keep the covid madness going for as long as possible: money, big fat money. 

Ah well, to be honest i find how people/countries react to covid highly amusing; like a chicken that just lost its head. Its a spectacle i wouldnt have wanted to miss. Taking a bit long now though, time to hang 'm high.

4.2 million dead. Not as bad as black plague but that was in the dark ages when they didn't know what a virus was. Conspiracy theories might sound nice, and there is dodgy stuff in big tech especially bad with the opiod crisis, but they did find  a vaccine. Pretty good. Look at Indonesia now and the US and Brazil and India in the bad days and tell them it's nothing. You have to be careful not to join dots that shouldn't be joined e.g. link between media and big tech. 

My girlfriend wouldn't mind living in the country side with fruit trees. I think it comes down to how happy you are with your partner, and their family, and on your idea of taking it easy.

Staying at my ex wifes rubber tree farm in Ranong was OK but after two days I had enough. Nice people but the food, the atmosphere, and the fact of having to be around the family all the time didn't suit. Sometimes you can feel more free and comfortable with your partner in a city rather than on a farm where people will come and go and you have to fit in with lots of stuff. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Black plague killed 30-60% of the EU population.

COVID killed 0.2-0.5% of the EU population.

There's just no comparison!

True. It was much more deadly. But reasons for the different outcome is the likely health of people due to better nutrition and other reasons, knowledge of how it is spread and how to stay safe and the vaccine. 

I am a cup half full when it comes to how this has been dealt with.  I feel it is not all about money and government and corporate control. The corporations have taken advantage of ways to make money but they did find a vaccine.

It might be because I live in a relatively healthy democracy with a free press that I don't think it's just about someone trying to put one over you or do gooders thinking too much. To others I am a sheep. Baah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

4.2 million dead. Not as bad as black plague but that was in the dark ages when they didn't know what a virus was. Conspiracy theories might sound nice, and there is dodgy stuff in big tech especially bad with the opiod crisis, but they did find  a vaccine. Pretty good. Look at Indonesia now and the US and Brazil and India in the bad days and tell them it's nothing. You have to be careful not to join dots that shouldn't be joined e.g. link between media and big tech. 

My girlfriend wouldn't mind living in the country side with fruit trees. I think it comes down to how happy you are with your partner, and their family, and on your idea of taking it easy.

Staying at my ex wifes rubber tree farm in Ranong was OK but after two days I had enough. Nice people but the food, the atmosphere, and the fact of having to be around the family all the time didn't suit. Sometimes you can feel more free and comfortable with your partner in a city rather than on a farm where people will come and go and you have to fit in with lots of stuff. 

4.2m number questionable. Underlying causes mostly some 99%. They would have died anyway soon. So real number more like 42,000.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

IMO humanity is the author of this. We crowd into toxic polluted cities, eat bad food full of chemicals, and generally live unhealthy lives ( look at the obesity rate, which IMO is going to kill more people early than corona ). If it wasn't corona, it would be some other virus or a famine or some new killer.

If we want to live decent lives, IMO we have to reduce the population to a level that is sustainable, eat decent food, stop living in toxic cities and stop polluting the oceans to extinction.

I doubt that will happen, so IMO humanity will go from this crisis to the next one and the one after that, recurring.

12 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Turn off Sydney talk back radio. You'll be better for it. The right wing presenters tried to come to Melbourne but no one wanted to listen to that stuff. 

$500 fine is real. Tv news not radio report.

Fascism.

For a death toll 50% less than roads.

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Turn off Sydney talk back radio. You'll be better for it. The right wing presenters tried to come to Melbourne but no one wanted to listen to that stuff. 

Hard lefty premier in Vic got paid after being kicked in the ribs. Vic death toll worst in country. Hopeless Dan.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

$500 fine is real. Tv news not radio report.

Fascism.

For a death toll 50% less than roads.

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Hard lefty premier in Vic got paid after being kicked in the ribs. Vic death toll worst in country. Hopeless Dan.

He did mess up the hotel quarantine. I heard there were rumours about how he got his injuries but didn't see them. He's not bad otherwise. Sydney covid is getting a bit bad and with Delta masks are helpful. Don't want Sydney to become Bangkok or worse Jakarta. Most if not all people get a warning first and if they want to be a freedom fighter, as they see it, then cop the fine. Those protests are ridiculous and selfish in my opinion. Spread it further last week.  But each to their own.

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He did mess up the hotel quarantine. I heard there were rumours about how he got his injuries but didn't see them. He's not bad otherwise. Sydney covid is getting a bit bad and with Delta masks are helpful. Don't want Sydney to become Bangkok or worse Jakarta. Most if not all people get a warning first and if they want to be a freedom fighter, as they see it, then cop the fine. Those protests are ridiculous and selfish in my opinion. Spread it further last week.  But each to their own.

Sydney death toll is low. Delta death rate is low. 

Locking people up and ruining their theirs is very selfish. The Premier should take a pay cut and stay home. Hypocrite. Goes out for coffees with no mask on full pay. How selfish.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Sydney death toll is low. Delta death rate is low. 

Locking people up and ruining their theirs is very selfish. The Premier should take a pay cut and stay home. Hypocrite. Goes out for coffees with no mask on full pay. How selfish.

It is tough on business. She tried to do it your way and cases took off. Melbourne went early and now no cases in public. Sydney 100's. Thanks Dan.

No. And I don't think there's a need to elaborate, but in my inimitable irritating way, I will!

Covid will eventually be something we live with. There have been and will be social changes spurred by the pandemic for sure, but me living in the sticks as the token "rich farang", and them expecting to borrow my truck for any and all village malarkey, among other rural delights I've heard of on here over the years, is not on my dance-card.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm.

IMO climate change and covid ARE part of the natural order of things. Climate has changed since the planet formed and covid is only the latest pandemic. It's not even particularly bad when compared with 1918 or the black death in the middle ages.

Unfortunately, a particular class of our species has yet to develop an instinct with the nature of things - as they drown in their perpetual delusion.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Unfortunately, a particular class of our species has yet to develop an instinct with the nature of things - as they drown in their perpetual delusion.

Plagues were part of the world previously and so was trying to stop them. Just so happens now we know how but some just seem happier to let them run their course. Wearing a mask for a bit freaks them out. Taking a vaccine is scary to them because they think it is something that it is not. To me that's where the delusion lies. 

Climate change too is natural but not recent climate change.  Delusion to me is seeing a problem and just saying best to do nothing because of lack of imagination intelligence  or spirit to fight back. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

True. It was much more deadly. But reasons for the different outcome is the likely health of people due to better nutrition and other reasons, knowledge of how it is spread and how to stay safe and the vaccine. 

I am a cup half full when it comes to how this has been dealt with.  I feel it is not all about money and government and corporate control. The corporations have taken advantage of ways to make money but they did find a vaccine.

It might be because I live in a relatively healthy democracy with a free press that I don't think it's just about someone trying to put one over you or do gooders thinking too much. To others I am a sheep. Baah

Lockdowns are antidemocratic

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Plagues were part of the world previously and so was trying to stop them. Just so happens now we know how but some just seem happier to let them run their course. Wearing a mask for a bit freaks them out. Taking a vaccine is scary to them because they think it is something that it is not. To me that's where the delusion lies. 

Climate change too is natural but not recent climate change.  Delusion to me is seeing a problem and just saying best to do nothing because of lack of imagination intelligence  or spirit to fight back. 

I've taken every vaccine going in my lifetime and had the flu jab last year, so hope that isn't aimed at me.