Marriage visa extension guide - Chiang Mai

On 8/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

The Kor Ror 2 is only for proof you that you are still married. 

The birth certificates are related to this in the immigration order. 

"(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto:"

The photos are just to prove you are living together as family.

The KR 2 is not now required at the Buriram office. So being 'still married' can't be proven. Also showing children's photo's and birth certificates doesn't prove the marriage is still legit. What a complete ass the immigration laws are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

About bank passbook copies being up to max 7 days old... I believe it has to be updated on the the day you apply for the extension. Which is an inconvenience because banks open at ie 1100 and it doesn't add anything anyway (make sure to do a ATM transaction before so there is actually something to show on the passbook) . It also says so in official documentation.

7.2 A letter of guarantee in Thai language from the 
commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: 
Immigration Commissioner) and copy of all entries of 
the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant 
has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than 
Baht 400,000 
** (Documents under 7.1 and 7.2 must be issued and 
updated to be the same date of the Application and all 
documents must be in the Applicant’s name.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems CM immigration as of now indeed accepts documents that are less than 7 days old, including the bank papers (But for how long? Maybe the finally figured out that all these shopping mall banks only open at 11:00). However, they still find nonsense hoops for you. Like, oo i do not see a transaction in the month September. How do I know your money was still there at the time? Duh.. it's not deducted is it? So what was there, still is there. But hey, they want you to go to the bank to get some other statement. So bank manager just wrote something herself. It is so nonsensical. Or some comment like your efficient copying did not leave space for my huge stamp. How about having a clear website that mentions exactly what one needs for what and how including a completed dummy example. I think they do not even want that. The prefer the personalized flexible treatment.. in a negative way that is. Efficiency is not their priority, if it is even on the list. It is also a massive sheep farm there. A new building, not build to specs. Or their process is not to specs ; Lalala