Are you keen to be vaccinated now, or are you waiting until the actual benefits are published?

Over the past couple of years we have all been absorbing online the masses of information by so called experts on Vaccines.

2021-07-20T103251Z_3_LYNXMPEH6J0I9_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-VACCINES-TRIALS.thumb.JPG.83181f73939e5597b923f09f89f2a55a.JPG

Pfizer does this, or Johnson and Johnson only needs one shot, the information just keeps on coming.

Currently I see most of us will fall into three camps.

The first group are saying I want to be vaccinated now and will take any brand they have. 

Or there are those who say they prefer to wait, and maybe see what possible side effects could happen.

And finally there are those that just say I don't want any vaccinations.

Whatever camp you join, at the moment here in SE Asia we really do not have a choice in selecting what vaccine they stick into our arm.

Also now that most of us know friends who have been vaccinated, it is a bit worrying to hear that most do suffer some side effects, ranging from 24 hour high fevers to even blood clots.

Eventually the supply will overtake demand, and then you will be able to choose your prefered vaccine based on reaserch and results. 

You will be able to buy your preffered vaccine over the counter , almost like choosing your favorite fashion brand or mobile phone!

Meanwhile what camp do you belong to?

And do we perhaps have an obligation to be vaccinated to save all those around us?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

o

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm waiting for it to become available within a reasonable distance from where I live.

Not having to travel halfway around the country to get it.

+1

Same here and by the looks of things, my province will be one of the last to vaccinate anyone, and I may need to go the private hospital route and pay, which I don't mind as I may even get a choice by then.

Go to Bangkok for a jab but come back with Covid is all too real at the moment. No thanks.

Having said that if I was surprised by an offer now of AZ I'd probably take it. I fall into the very vulnerable group.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

I have concentrated my efforts on building a strong immune system and maintaining that. First I dieted and lost 10% of my body weight and am now maintaining that well within normal BMI. I changed my nutritional intake (much healthier choices) and added various supplements to my daily diet. I increased the amount of daily exercise.

I have monitored the results of the above with regular blood checks and have managed to bring all metrics within normal range and boosted my Vit D level above the recommended 60 level. My body is the healthiest it has been in 30 years. I don't take any pharmaceuticals.

Meanwhile I avoid crowds and mostly stay at home enjoying a large garden and many home based hobbies.

Hang me oh hang me
I'll be dead and gone
Hang me oh hang me
I'll be dead and gone
Wouldn't mind the hanging
But the laying in the grave so long
Poor boy

I've been all around this world

Traditional classic American folk song... 

Awaiting my regularly scheduled check-up with my Cardiologist soon. Anticipating taking Moderna/Pfizer when they become available to me. In the meantime ... we are living the Covid Dream ... mostly staying close to home.

11 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I have concentrated my efforts on building a strong immune system and maintaining that. First I dieted and lost 10% of my body weight and am now maintaining that well within normal BMI. I changed my nutritional intake (much healthier choices) and added various supplements to my daily diet. I increased the amount of daily exercise.

I have monitored the results of the above with regular blood checks and have managed to bring all metrics within normal range and boosted my Vit D level above the recommended 60 level. My body is the healthiest it has been in 30 years. I don't take any pharmaceuticals.

Meanwhile I avoid crowds and mostly stay at home enjoying a large garden and many home based hobbies.

I have also acquired stocks of additional supplements and meds that I will begin to take as soon as I show any symptoms of a cold/flu/covid.

I do not wish to take any of the emergency use vaccines and see no need for me to do so.

I believe that the onus is on everyone to take steps to improve their health as the first line of defense against illness and viruses, especially Covid. This is particularly important for those who are old, obese and generally unfit and can so easily be done.

Instead of fear, fear, fear and waiting for that magic pill (vaccine) be proactive and take responsibility for your own health.

Some very fit athletes with incredibly rigorous life styles have caught [COVID] - Tokyo Olympics for example!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Some very fit athletes with incredibly rigorous life styles have caught Wuflu- Tokyo Olympics for example!

Most people will probably catch Covid, including many who have been vaxxed. Those who are in peak health and in particular have a strong immune system are considerably less likely to progress to severe symptoms.

Alcoholics are wont to say things like "My grandpa drank a bottle of brandy a day and lived to 100 years, so it proves that drinking is good for you".

Smokers like to find an odd example of someone who smoked 60 fags a day and lived cancer free till their 90's and use that as justification for their habit.

And fat people with dreadful diets always try to dig out an example of an athlete who dropped dead at 40, to justify their unwillingness to take responsibility for their health.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you care to read the explanatory leaflet that comes with vaccines and most medications

you will find that there are potential side effects and reactions, but it doesn’t mean they affect every user and usual the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I had my last pneumonia shot about eighteen months ago and the reactions I experienced were more severe that from the AZ I had recently but were consistent with what was listed.

At this stage there is no compulsion to be vaccinated so if fearful abstain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Where as those who do not want a vax seem fine with those that have had one even though they might not want one themself...

Really? Have you read and heard what some of the American Republican Party are saying? Some of the news 'hosts'? An ex nurse in the UK has equated doctors and  nurses with Nazis. 

• Like 1

'Vaccines work because of a remarkable property of the human immune system: Once infected with a particular pathogen, your antibodies get to work. “’Memory’ cells develop when you get sick with a new virus so you don’t get the viral infection again,” said Van G. Wilson, PhD, associate dean for research and graduate studies and professor of microbial pathogenesis and immunology at the Texas A&M College of Medicine. “The second infection is dealt with quickly, before you even feel sick.”'

The disease still exists, you get the disease, and it is killed off before you get sick. That's an enhanced immune system.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

10 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

“’Memory’ cells develop when you get sick with a new virus so you don’t get the viral infection again,” said Van G. Wilson, PhD, associate dean for research and graduate studies and professor of microbial pathogenesis and immunology at the Texas A&M College of Medicine

So I should have had a cold or flu once in my entire life. Be careful of your selected quotations.

lately i see a lot of regret on the news about anti-vaxxer and people WAITING, take what ever you can even sinovax its still better then none atleast you can avoid emergency room, when other alternative vaccine is widely available you can always take it again. regrets is always too late

• Like 1