Pattaya: Dead as a Dodo

roger101

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My last massage girl was 25 and wearing a flight attendant uniform (at the start).

It's a shame girls don't give more thought to what they wear, not unusual for a thai bird to go take a shower come out in a towel and I get them to go back and put their clothes back on, they usually look puzzled

• Like 1

4th time Beach has been closed now. (as told in Pattaya News yesterday)  

Why all these new forum threads about Pattaya "hurting" or "closed" 

Nothing "new" to report, it is lockdown #4 and sw already got through the first 3.

Why is this one different?

Just be glad they have not banned alcohol sales as they did May 2020. 

So in reality this lockdown is still better than May 2020 !   

And the Mayor of Pattaya still hopeful for a September 1, 2021 opening! 

WooHoo

Peace

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully Thailand will concentrate on European tourists for a few years

if not necessary they will never do anymore, these few figures from EUR / AUS / US who will be coming and will be stingy 60+yo  guys cannot help the economy at all...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

You are an argumentative little person.  Thailand banned or severely limited foreign travelers so of course by default the officials disliked Foreigners.  And that one health official literally publicly spoke against the dirty farangs that he alleges were the cause or were bringing in the virus.  Now run along.  Nothing you say or write will change the direction Thailand is going in.

The Whole World banned foreign travel or highly restricted foreign travel , this is to stop the virus from spreading, rather than any Countries dislike of foreigners .

Thai officials do not dislike foreigners , they dislike Covid

• Like 2

Judging by the new developments on what was basically a car park on 3rd Road, the new nightclub on Soi Buakhao, the Tree Town Development, Witherspoons 2 new bars and other bars being renovated some business people must think there will be an influx of tourists once Covid is sorted ?

In my years in Pattaya it was on the way out before Covid, empty bars, the girls sitting uninterested playing on their phones, the high baht, I believe it will take years to recover if it other does. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Whole World banned foreign travel or highly restricted foreign travel , this is to stop the virus from spreading, rather than any Countries dislike of foreigners .

Boy the virus is really coming in handy then..........Because severely reducing world travel was one of the planned goals of Agenda 21...........And the stack-em and pack-em housing was already well underway with all the new shoebox condos....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I take it the Thai officials you are referring to are the unelected "there will be no coup" PM and his soldier boys.

I doubt very much if they dislike the Virus, I would bet that certain foreign and offshore bank accounts have increased dramatically in the past 18 months.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not only that , its has multitudes of them actually dying from the virus 

I would call around 4000 deaths in Thailand a multitude most of whom had underlying health problems.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Correction
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is a World wide thing , its also been suggested that the Thai figures are abnormally low 

I think if the bodies were piling up at the temples we would know about it, I do believe there is more Covid in Thailand than the published figures due to lack of testing and people who have symptoms not being tested as they will end up in hospital or even worse in a warehouse.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think if the bodies were piling up at the temples we would know about it, I do believe there is more Covid in Thailand than the published figures due to lack of testing and people who have symptoms not being tested as they will end up in hospital or even worse in a warehouse.

Here are some numbers for you....

I make 100,000 baht a day picking up plastic bottles from the street and it only takes 10 minutes.... I can make 1,000,000 baht a week if I work 15 minutes a day...

Point being..... Its very very very easy to publish bogus numbers....

Like you said people should trust their eyes over numbers.....I have not seen any bodys or any sick people at all myself, and I am out and about a lot...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Like you said people should trust their eyes over numbers.....I have not seen any bodys or any sick people at all myself, and I am out and about a lot...

I have noticed this seems to be a common occurrence on this ASEANOW forum , namely ; *If I haven't seen it, it hasnt happened *

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

Of course it will open again.

It has been rated the number one male entertainment place in the world by many publications over the years.  There are millions of males all over the world who have come here and will continue to come in the future their desire for female company is not going to suddenly stop.

It looks bad now but places like Soi 6 can get going again in about a week. I bet it does not take long to pull up a metal door, stock a place with booze and get girls back here.  Many of the other places are still open even today in and around Soi Buakhao, Soi honey, etc. and others could be fully opened quickly.

Same LK Metro.  Walking Street I have no idea I have not gone for years I think a tourist trap but many love it and it is pretty much a must see for visitors here.

Pattaya will come back sooner then some think unless all these vaccines are full of salt peter and it permanently kills the sex drives of men all around the world.  Let's hope not.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:37 AM, lanng khao said:

There's hundreds of thousands of middle aged men spread around the globe who haven't cleared their chest for 18 months, Pattaya will be back..

their chests are likely to very wheezy these  days ..they wont be able to make it

dirty money will always find a way to patters, from russia with love