25 Thai celebs investigated over criticism of government, PM, one rapper ‘Milli’ fined

snoop1130

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Soon it will be tank-time.

You think his own will move against him after he reserved so many seats in Senate for military into perpetuity?

Even though all senators are appointed by the "elected" government.

• Sad 3

One more time:

11 hours ago, metisdead said:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

A post with disguised vulgar language has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

A post using a trolling image has been removed. 

A post with offensive Nazi comparisons has been removed.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

When an elected government needs laws to protect itself from words, you've lost.

When you have to use laws as a hammer to pound down criticism, you've lost.

When you feel that the words of an 18-YO women somehow threaten your power, you've lost.

The regime looks more petty, ineffective and incompetent each day.

Soon it will be tank-time.

The next Myanmar

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

The plucky Ms Milli should thank the govt and plod. They just added millions to her social media following (me included) and boosted her career.  

I hope the relatively small fine does not deter anybody... personally i think it should be 1 baht in these cases. Costs awarded to the plaintiff .

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

"Please use discretion in your references to the government. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed."

Now that this is ASEAN forum, should we expect that this also applies when talking about other nations in ASEAN? It sure limits free speech and truth around ASEAN, but what can we do but comply. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

"I will miss XXXXXX a lot, but the situation has deteriorated too fast so I have to go."

I saw that in the news today, but it could apply to China, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar and now Thailand. 

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

If I can get the same low price, I will defame the PM on a weekly basis.

Yup, it's quite the steal. I could easily afford 1 defamation per day and still have enough to live. And with a crowdfunding campaign to financially back me up... oh my!

• Haha 2

So sad.   How can someone not see this is just fanning the flames of dissent and protests.   What about the lies of stating 1 shot is vaccinated in Phuket.  And if new cases hit 13, which has been exceeded, the sandbox would close. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean the current DPRT where free speech is punished, truth is punished and lies are accepted as truths and people are forced to believe them, yep Amazing Thailand.  My heart goes out to all of my friends here in Thailand and their families who are suffering at the hands of this Junta lead Government.

Not  good idea to suggest that Thailand is a Republic !!!