Six million more doses of Sinopharm to be procured for Thailand by August

snoop1130

Again, the headline says ‘to be’ purchased.

Each post I see on this forum that have been sourced from other news media outlets always state that vaccines:

will be, to be, going to be, will be

purchased. Always future events.

Most people here would love to see news stating that vaccines:

were bought, were ordered, confirmed, delivered, and so on.

• Like 1

From another prospective-

CRA is a non-profit higher education institution.

It is a juristic person under government oversight which is not a government agency nor a state enterprise.

The government has made clear only it can purchase and import covid-19 vaccines. As such private enterprises such a private hospitals cannot perform such transactions.

So by what legal authority can CRA do so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not in the least, but why Sinopharm and not the ones they claim to have ordered by the millions from Moderna, Pfizer and J&J, not to forget the AZ they claimed would be delivered in the 10's of millions monthly. Oh and let's not forget the failure to join Vovax which only now they are on bended knees trying to join.  Enjoy the CCP vaccines.

With all these vaccines coming in it is confusing which one to choose. As I am getting older and I can't run as fast as I did when I was young and these Soi dogs are multiplying at a very fast rate, and they look like they will eat anything, as little food is given to them due to people out of work I may chose Rabie shots over the virus shots. For health reasons!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

To generate antibodies which repel the Covid 19 virus? Just a guess..

Good guess, but why order more Sinopharm and charge the Thais 888 baht instead of the MRNA vaccines which are proven to have a better efficacy.  That was the rhetorical question in Why?

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Good guess, but why order more Sinopharm and charge the Thais 888 baht instead of the MRNA vaccines which are proven to have a better efficacy.  That was the rhetorical question in Why?

I assume that it's down to availability and delivery time. Pay up front and the least preferred Sinopharm will be on the next flight. Please don't  be offended. I couldn't resist a jibe at your 'question'

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I assume that it's down to availability and delivery time. Pay up front and the least preferred Sinopharm will be on the next flight. Please don't  be offended. I couldn't resist a jibe at your 'question'

Not offended in the least.

4 hours ago, tingtong said:

The point that Thailand pushing it on the elderly can end up also with many of them unprotected with false safety feel, and a need for a 3rd, different shut.

If reliable data available now, just make sense to use it.

6 months ago same study was not available.

Very good point, which I also wanted to raise again. Most of what we read in the official news here on this subject actually makes no sense to "normal" thinking people. As we all know, there was something like a "promise" from the government that the 17 million people over 60 and those with risk diseases would be vaccinated with AZ from 1 June and thus supposedly be through by August/September at the latest. It must have been clear to anyone who could put 1+1 together at that point that this goal would never be even remotely achieved.
As of early July, "only 0.7% or 83,000 of over 60s and 3.1% of people with health conditions have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine".

Does anyone here know the current figures?

I know that a little more effort is now being made to reach out to these people, but with the "made in Thailand" AZ, which is only produced in homeopathic quantities, it could never succeed from the beginning. Especially not when in the meantime people such as hospital staff but also people with a relatively overlookable risk profile who have been vaccinated with Sinovac want to be given AZ as a second or third vaccination.

In today's "WHO Thailand Situation Report Update" 22 July 22 

we can read the following on the subject of the elderly. "EXPLAINER: Vaccination in the elderly:
There are now indications that vaccination in Malaysia is already having an impact in reducing serious COVID-19 infections among the elderly. This trend of declining admissions relates to the start of phase 2 of the national vaccination programme which started in April 2021. The chart below shows that in Sungai Buloh Hospital, admissions of patients aged 60-79 years has begun to decrease (light green line)."

But not a single hint about how the vaccination of this vulnerable group has progressed in Thailand.

But here in the forum this morning the Sinopharm message: "Priority will be given to people with disabilities, monks, priests, the elderly, pregnant women and others without access to vaccination.

As a reminder, here is the government's vaccination "timeline" from April/May 21

Attachment-1.jpeg.0c68596e47ba43e172dfcf980511c9e5.jpeg

12 hours ago, tranquilogringo said:

Sinopharm view from WHO:

A large multi-country Phase 3 trial has shown that 2 doses, administered at an interval of 21 days, have an efficacy of 79% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection 14 or more days after the second dose. Vaccine efficacy against hospitalization was 79%.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

I think I'd prefer to believe real-world data from Hungary...

Actually, that should be the point, if puffed up politicians & 'the economy' stop hijacking public health.

Every country has the ability, nay, duty, to learn from situations elsewhere.

Instead, we seem to be reliving the same mistakes...for no reason at all.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition

On 7/22/2021 at 2:13 PM, snoop1130 said:

Priority will be given to people with disabilities, monks, priests, the elderly, pregnant women and others without access to vaccination

Why should a 20 year old healthy pregnant woman a monk or a priest be anywhere on this list?

It's not like they need to use their limited braincells to work this out the rest of the world has done it for them, the elderly, the vulnerable, frontline workers everybody else by age groups, not hard is it...

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1