Pattaya Expat gets Astra Zeneca in Bangkok during lockdown

1 hour ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

After many frustrating attempts online and in person, I eventually managed to register with Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok for an Astra Zenica jab this week at 9am.

Can you share any details regarding how you were able to register with Bumrungrad?

This is perhaps the single most important bit of detail for most of us who want a vaccination, but are unable to confirm one to date.

• Like 2

Yeah, when I went back and looked at my jab photo, one nurse taking the photo and the nurse giving the jab was doing it one handed and looking at the camera too.    Next time I'm just going to say I don't need a photo.   (so you can be looking at the injection site on my arm)

Huge credit to them though working through this.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share any details regarding how you were able to register with Bumrungrad?

This is perhaps the single most important bit of detail for most of us who want a vaccination, but are unable to confirm one to date.

call and ask for the Expatriate Liaison Centre 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

Before I left, they gave me a card saying the date of the 1st vaccination and mid-October was the date given for jab No.2. I also got my prized badge too.

So they really stretch it to ~ 12 weeks.

I assume the card could serve as proof of first AZ shot like required for Phuket? (if rules haven't changed again)

I just called Bumrungrad Hospital. They are not accepting any appointments at the moment and have no outlook for availability. They said if you are over 60, have underlying conditions as well as a Thai Social Security ID, you can be vaccinated via the government rollout.

I am 64 with underlying conditions - this was not enough to qualify.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

call and ask for the Expatriate Liaison Centre 

Since from May onward, Bumrungrad has been fobbing off many expatriates with an existing Bumrungrad hospital number, medical records, Thai ID including pink book, and qualified in terms of age (over 60) and underlying conditions - I'm moved to congratulate you but remain hazy on what distinguishes you from many others.

I'm pleased for you but would be interested in your thoughts about what made your application succeed.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Since from May onward, Bumrungrad has been fobbing off many expatriates with an existing Bumrungrad hospital number, medical records, Thai ID including pink book, and qualified in terms of age (over 60) and underlying conditions - I'm moved to congratulate you but remain hazy on what distinguishes you from many others.

I'm pleased for you but would be interested in your thoughts about what made your application succeed.

Having only 1 kidney instead of more than one, I suppose might have help!  Any thought of selling one?

Edited by yimlitnoy
correction
  • Haha 1

MedPark is probably one the largest vaccine distribution sites in Bangkok.  They are allocated more vaccine that most hospitals combined (according to a contact at Bumrungrad Hospital).  I would try there

first.  Bumrungrad supply is limited.  I was fortunate to receive my AZ in Samui.  No Side effects what-so-ever.  EXCEPT for when you walk amongst the population and they see that you’ve been vaccinated, 

they treat you like a superstar! ???? ????‍♂️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

The nurse assisting also used my mobile to take a photo…. she said everyone wants a photo taken!!!

Only for the cheap Thai promotion that one more farang got vaccinated...

[I am however happy that you got yours... ]

• Like 1

You are one of the lucky ones.  I am over 60, living in Bangkok with Hypertension, Diabetes type 2, and Cardiac patient with a stint.  I have been chasing all possible sources that offer the vaccine in Thailand and in my own country since last year.  I have registered in a number of Hospitals, health clinics and lately, the Ministry of Public Health, and until this minute, I don't have any booking date, nor any confirmation.  On contacting the places I booked to check, the answer is the same "there is no update and we will contact you when there is". I said it before, I give up.  On top of all of this, one of my diabetes medications is out of stock in the entire country and details of a substitute is hard to get.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

i was registered with them for their kidny dept as I am with two hospitals in Pattaya. I got through on the tel number given after several attempts and explained my situation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

i was registered with them for their kidny dept as I am with two hospitals in Pattaya. I got through on the tel number given after several attempts and explained my situation.

Well done for perseverance and you seem to be a very worthy candidate.

I cannot fully understand why a venue was not made available for Covid vaccination in Pattaya or nearby.

Put a Thai Navy hospital ship into the bay - or use a Military Field Hospital for something worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

I had my first Astra jab last month (June 2021) in Bangkok. Was vaccinated at Kasetsart University. Also free and also had no side effects other than a sore upper arm. 

Was told the second vaccination would be 12-16 weeks. No idea if that will change.

6 hours ago, ASEAN NOW News said:

165 then after 143

Mine was over the top prior to getting jabbed: not the most restful environment for taking blood pressure. ???? Nurse said it was 'normal blood pressure'. They must have given up on people getting pre-jab jitters.