Pattaya Expat gets Astra Zeneca in Bangkok during lockdown

6 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Many hundreds of millions of doses have been administered. If there were actual serious risk it would be obvious by now. No vaccine in the history of the world has been more widely tested than this.

Exactly how would they test the long term effects of a vaccine that hasn't been around for a long term yet?

How many kids have been born to vaccinated mothers?  Any of them old enough to exhibit learning disabilities?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Acharn said:

There is a well known syndrome among many people who have temporarily elevated blood pressure when they go to see a doctor. Happens to me every time, i.e. every month when I go to renew my prescription. Sometimes the nurse will take it a second time after a ten or fifteen minute wait and it's back down to normal, sometimes it doesn't go back down. My doctor, who I have complete faith in, says it's nothing to worry about.

White Coat Syndrome.

8 hours ago, Husain Tula said:

I don't mind if I get it or not, what I mind is being denied the freedom to live normal because I am not vaccinated. 

You need to explain this phrase "denied the freedom to live normal", what constitutes "normal".

You are denied the freedom to go around assaulting people in general, so why an exception to assault them with a virus.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Exactly how would they test the long term effects of a vaccine that hasn't been around for a long term yet?

How many kids have been born to vaccinated mothers?  Any of them old enough to exhibit learning disabilities?

Most of us are eternally grateful to those in the 50s that didn't take the same view.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/how-polio-vaccination-became-hip-50s-thanks-teenagers

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You need to explain this phrase "denied the freedom to live normal", what constitutes "normal".

You are denied the freedom to go around assaulting people in general, so why an exception to assault them with a virus.

"denied the freedom" framed in victim jargon. You are not 'denied your freedom'. You are free to choose whether or not you get vaccinated. You make your choice and you have to live with the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

I got jabbed at 165 as it was down from the original 185. Im normally 125. I know quite a few who were shocked to be over 200 and were turned away

Normal blood pressure presumes you are resting; not anticipating something you've been anticipating for weeks and months. 

22 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Only for the cheap Thai promotion that one more farang got vaccinated...

[I am however happy that you got yours... ]

The photo was on his phone...how would help with Thai promotion??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, impulse said:

What is quite clear are the short term effects, and potential death, of being infected with COVID19 by not being vaccinated...the choice is yours. However, consider that you may be a carrier and may infect many others when making your choice.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Heng said:

Yeah, when I went back and looked at my jab photo, one nurse taking the photo and the nurse giving the jab was doing it one handed and looking at the camera too.    Next time I'm just going to say I don't need a photo.   (so you can be looking at the injection site on my arm)

Huge credit to them though working through this.   

Just had my jab at BNH Bangkok...no selfies in sight...

22 hours ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

MedPark is probably one the largest vaccine distribution sites in Bangkok.  They are allocated more vaccine that most hospitals combined (according to a contact at Bumrungrad Hospital).  I would try there

first.  Bumrungrad supply is limited.  I was fortunate to receive my AZ in Samui.  No Side effects what-so-ever.  EXCEPT for when you walk amongst the population and they see that you’ve been vaccinated, 

they treat you like a superstar! ????????‍♂️

How do people see that you have been vaccinated by walking around??

22 hours ago, sead said:

I would have thought of getting vaccinated if I were your age and had some sickness. But at 51 in not gambling with my life. I already have antibodies and I reccomend everyone to first check for antibodies before considering vaccines. 

Statistically you are gambling far far more with your life, and with other peoples lives, by not being vaccinated...the word "selfish" comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, impulse said:

Its not an easy thing to assess.

If no vaccine given the odds are many more will have the virus with no obvious symptoms (but possibly with serious as of yet undetected preconditions that will only show up years later), and many more will have obvious symptoms from mild to worse (again with possibly serious as of yet undetected preconditions that will only show up years later), and many more will dieFurther who is to say that those non-vaccinated who caught the virus and survived, will not pass on serious issues to their as of yet unborn children?

How many kids have been born to un-vaccinated mothers who survived the virus?  Are any of them old enough to exhibit learning disabilities? 

This question goes BOTH ways.

To be fair - this question has to be asked both ways.

I know the side I am on.

Edited by oldcpu

21 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

Because protection does not come only in the form of preventing infection. Personally, I don't care whether or not I get infected. I probably will. We probably all will. My end point is avoiding hospitalisation and/or death from covid. If a vaccine will improve those odds, then I'm on board.

"Add to this, the fact that the death rate of infected people is quite small, infinitesimal, unless the right pre conditions exist in you."

The odds might seem infinitesimal but the absolute numbers are sufficient to cause chaos. We're already seeing hospitals at capacity with covid patients. It wouldn't take much more exponential growth of cases to see the mayhem we saw recently in India.

"We are not given the real data about the vaccines."

You mean adverse events subsequent to being vaccinated? There's plenty of anecdotal stuff on the internet if you want to go looking and give yourself the jitters. Other than that, what is real data? There's always going to be a margin of error in data.

"The powers that be are instilling fear in the world and allowing corporate interests to rule."

... and Billy Gates is conspiring to reduce the world's population with vaccines. Evil man!!!!!????

I guess you are a believer in what the pharma people are telling us. These are not vaccines and should not be called vaccines. A vaccine prevents a virus from taking hold, like the Polio vaccine and others. The Covid vaccines do not. Once again, the vast majority of people that suffer this in the extreme are already weak and infirm. I get that people are afraid of getting very sick but it seems that very few people really do their homework and look through the vast information that the other side has published, revealing all so much info the big pharma, CDC, and other organizations don't tell you. It's not hard to find. But hoping and believing is not going to change the facts that are emerging. Just protect yourself and don't indulge in dangerous situations during this time. A bit of common sense can go a long way and actually save a life, something that many people don't or didn't adhere to. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

"denied the freedom" framed in victim jargon. You are not 'denied your freedom'. You are free to choose whether or not you get vaccinated. You make your choice and you have to live with the consequences.

Read the post I responded to, you are preaching to the wrong person.

1 hour ago, jkcjag said:

What is quite clear are the short term effects, and potential death, of being infected with COVID19 by not being vaccinated...the choice is yours. However, consider that you may be a carrier and may infect many others when making your choice.

This is patentedly untrue. These Covid 'vaccines' don't protect you from getting infected. 100% <deleted>. You have bought Big Pharma's message. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nightbird said:

This is patentedly untrue. These Covid 'vaccines' don't protect you from getting infected. 100% <deleted>. You have bought Big Pharma's message. 

Big Pharma as you put it is not claiming the vaccines prevent infections. They do to some degree. The scientific findings are that they do greatly protect against hospitalization and death if infected.

Infected vaccinated people can infection others but probably not as easily because of lower viral loads.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

You should follow your own suggestion. In the USA the only people dying are those who are unvaccinated. The other 70% of the population is doing quite well.

Not a complex number to analyse, not a convoluted story to tell. Just that simple irrefutable fact.

Again, this is not true. If you get your news from CNN and Fox you'll never hear what doctors and researchers are saying. I copied a short blurb for you from a post that a doctor made the other day on one of the 'alternative' new sites that exist. Are you going to dispute his experience when you really have none of your own to debate with?

this is from an Internal Medicine doc who treats COVID patients and participates constantly in discussions with other docs on the front lines. I will first paste his main point, then paste his entire comment so you can see what leads to up to it. This is huge:
"So we now have a suggestion and strong evidence that the vaccinated population may be spreading much more virus than the unvaccinated. I would say that is a critical public health issue and must be further researched immediately."
Now, his whole comment:
."About the French Guyana paper from the CDC
This is how science – the actual process – not the Fauci version – should be working.
I have repeatedly stated that I am seeing much much more vaccinated positives than one would ever have expected. As I have stated, they seem to be much sicker (though not critically so) and they tend to happen in clusters. For the past two months, this has stuck out from the dominant media narrative. I have never had to fight the cognitive dissonance between the media and my own eyeballs this much in my life.
I belong to a large non-public alumni group of my residency program that has literally thousands of IM docs all over America. The first thing a scientist does is to confirm that your observations are general or something you are just seeing. It was quickly obvious from that group that I was far from alone despite the “minimal breakthrough cases” media narrative.
So, then you do everything you can to hypothesize reasons why you are seeing what you are. I have been a physician for 30 years and that experience plays a huge role as well. Having this gigantic number of breakthrough cases just simply does not happen. I continue to see more than half the cases in vaccinated patients and so do many others. UNHEARD OF IN VACCINES BEFORE NOW.
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Big Pharma as you put it is not claiming the vaccines prevent infections. They do to some degree. The scientific findings are that they do greatly protect against hospitalization and death if infected.

Infected vaccinated people can infection others but probably not as easily because of lower viral loads.

You are guessing. None of this is fact including calling them vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jkcjag said:

How many millions!!!! of people have already died by not being vaccinated!!!

There was a girl in my class at school in calipers from polio, facing a lifetime of misery, wouldn't wish that on anyone. Her parents would have been at the front of the queue when the vaccine became available irrespective of what anyone else thought.

Fortunately my parents had no issues with any of the vaccine programs at that time.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nightbird said:

You are guessing. None of this is fact including calling them vaccines. 

No.

Not guesses.

That fully vaccinated people mostly avoid hospital and death if infected is well documented. 

The point about lower viral load with breakthrough infections making it harder to spread is not yet well documented. 

Of course they're vaccines. It's hard to take anyone seriously that denies they're vaccines.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There was a girl in my class at school in calipers from polio, facing a lifetime of misery, wouldn't wish that on anyone. Her parents would have been at the front of the queue when the vaccine became available irrespective of what anyone else thought.

Fortunately my parents had no issues with any of the vaccine programs at that time.

Yes but maybe not the best example. There was a batch of polio vaccine that accidentally contained live virus with predictable tragic results.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but maybe not the best example. There was a batch of polio vaccine that accidentally contained live virus with predictable tragic results.

Maybe not but at the end of the day the bigger picture must prevail, it is almost inevitable that somewhere along the line there will be some unfortunate episodes. During the 50s there were several prevalent diseases and if the vaccines were all subject to debate there certainly wouldn't be so many anti vaxers around today.

To get things in perspective I would hazard a guess that there have been more unnecessary childbirth fatalities in the NHS than fatalities from the vaccine.