Thailand’s Health Ministry Adjusts COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan to Prioritize the Elderly

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I wonder if you could put your son's address down.

When I filled in registration I just ticked Bangkok. I'm actually going tomorrow for jab so will check what they do for address.

Thank you.  I will be interested in your report back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thank you.  I will be interested in your report back.

I will do.

Here is current report from another thread posted just now.

Sounds good..ish

Went there yesterday. Went pretty smoothly and took just over an hour and that includes the compulsory 30 minutes you have have to wait before you can leave. It was AZ but I forgot to ask if it was home grown or from the donation from Japan. Nurses aspirated the syringe before plunging. There were alot of people but I wouldn't call it overly crowded or choatic as it was spread over quite a large area and ran pretty well. Bit of a headache today (may not be juice related), a bit more tired than usual and my arm ached a little bit when I woke up during the night but nothing really

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

A useful link, thank you but 

'Vaccination registration for foreign residents aged 60 and over ONLY (born in 1961 or before) residing in Bangkok and neighboring provinces (Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon) 
Click >> https://forms.gle/ULAqvx8eiDoX3v5Q9 <<

(For foreign residents residing in other provinces, please contact provincial health authorities or your provincial hospitals)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs'

They are jabbing farangs from anywhere in Thailand if you are over 75, just turn up and join the queue, get there early is best. My mate and his friends got jabbed last wednesday and they all live in Pattaya.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thank you.  My son's (53) was Sinopharm.  I might just sit tight for a week & see if the situation clarifies.

Are you sure it wasn't Sinovac? I thought only Chulabhorn hospital was giving out Sinopharm. If your son has his second appointment 6 weeks later, then that will be AstraZeneca. That Sinovac+AstraZeneca combination seems to be working quite well.

17 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Are you sure it wasn't Sinovac? I thought only Chulabhorn hospital was giving out Sinopharm. If your son has his second appointment 6 weeks later, then that will be AstraZeneca. That Sinovac+AstraZeneca combination seems to be working quite well.

'Jab number 1 done.

Sinopharm - 72.8% effective against symptomatic cases and 100% against severe cases.
I'll take those odds.'  This is his FB comment.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I will do.

Here is current report from another thread posted just now.

Sounds good..ish

Went there yesterday. Went pretty smoothly and took just over an hour and that includes the compulsory 30 minutes you have have to wait before you can leave. It was AZ but I forgot to ask if it was home grown or from the donation from Japan. Nurses aspirated the syringe before plunging. There were alot of people but I wouldn't call it overly crowded or choatic as it was spread over quite a large area and ran pretty well. Bit of a headache today (may not be juice related), a bit more tired than usual and my arm ached a little bit when I woke up during the night but nothing really

Thanks for this - I am teetering.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thanks for this - I am teetering.

I would register as soon as possible at Bang Sue and use your sons address. don't go without an appointment. Alternatively there is this option:

Date: 25 July BE 2564 14:50:46 GMT+7
To: [email protected]
Subject: UNVACCINATED INVITED TO CONNECT WITH BCCT | 25Jul21
Reply-To: The British Club Bangkok <[email protected]>

c84662d8-6128-32e8-e22b-9a98dfac47b0.png

image_pointer_left_white.png

The Club is pleased to notify Members that the BCCT has received approval from the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for 1,200+ AZ vaccines for delivery in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Khon Kaen.

This follows the mail-out to BCCT and Club Members some two weeks ago – since that time, however, many of those signed-up have already been vaccinated which is good news but BCCT now need to urgently augment the list with anyone of any nationality over 60 years of age or those with one of the 7 stated illnesses. Obesity is defined as more than 100 kg in Thailand.  

If you know of anyone in this demographic who needs a vaccine please register on this link: https://members.bccthai.com/connect.   

Best Wishes & Regards,

The British Club Bangkok

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Jab number 1 done.

Sinopharm - 72.8% effective against symptomatic cases and 100% against severe cases.
I'll take those odds.'  This is his FB comment.

I admire his positive thinking but neither Sinovac nor Sinopharm are going to be anywhere near that effective against the Delta variant.

22 hours ago, Searunner said:

I would register as soon as possible at Bang Sue and use your sons address. don't go without an appointment. Alternatively there is this option:

Date: 25 July BE 2564 14:50:46 GMT+7
To: [email protected]
Subject: UNVACCINATED INVITED TO CONNECT WITH BCCT | 25Jul21
Reply-To: The British Club Bangkok <[email protected]>

c84662d8-6128-32e8-e22b-9a98dfac47b0.png

image_pointer_left_white.png

The Club is pleased to notify Members that the BCCT has received approval from the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for 1,200+ AZ vaccines for delivery in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Khon Kaen.

This follows the mail-out to BCCT and Club Members some two weeks ago – since that time, however, many of those signed-up have already been vaccinated which is good news but BCCT now need to urgently augment the list with anyone of any nationality over 60 years of age or those with one of the 7 stated illnesses. Obesity is defined as more than 100 kg in Thailand.  

If you know of anyone in this demographic who needs a vaccine please register on this link: https://members.bccthai.com/connect.   

Best Wishes & Regards,

The British Club Bangkok

Done it - thank you.