Epidemiology Division Expects COVID-19 Infections in Bangkok to Decline in Next 4-6 Weeks

snoop1130

I sincerely hope this man is right but like others here I have my doubts. His predictions are based on people doing what is required but unfortunately there seem to be many who don't know or don't want to follow recommended precautions.

36 minutes ago, heybruce said:

In the provinces where most of the people live people struggle to get on a waiting list for a vaccination, while in the capitol city of Bangkok 50% of the population is inoculated.  In what other country would that be considered acceptable?

It just depends on which province you live in.  If you're in a stronghold for the government coalition, you get booster shots before most of the population has any shot...whether you believe the official explanation is another story.   https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2155083/buri-ram-police-defend-booster-shots-for-officers

• Like 2

If it's true that the infection rate in Bangkok is currently much higher than the official numbers indicate, then yes, a level of herd immunity will be reached the hard way within a relatively short time and the spread will slow down. As it did in India's urban clusters.

That might well be the case, when you look at the antigen test positivity rates.

I really hope one of their predictions come true?  Sooner or later when you throw so many darts one of them got to hit the board. I just hope the prediction wasn't the same guy who said they got everything under control a few months back.

“The Wuhan lock down model”, gotta love the threat. 
Interesting tweet from Scott Adams:

How exactly do we know the Delta variant is a natural variation and not a new virus from a lab in China that once again, coincidentally, doesn't have any impact on China?

Is it because no American court found proof of widespread virus fraud?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The COVID-19 situation in Bangkok is different from those in surrounding provinces because, despite a rise in cases, the inoculation rate in the capital is relatively high, at 50%.

50% of the population vaccinated with what, something that has proven ineffective against the Delta strain and even then only once for the majority of those people.?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

A decline due to lock down isolation. Open up and cases will rise and we will see the inverse .... an incline or rise in cases. Thailand needs a 70 to 80 fully vaccinated population to have any chance of turning this around.

Never happen with this completely incompetent junta at the helm.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

EXPECT?  My dad, when I wanted something used to tell me to wish in one hand and p..p in the other to see what was going to happen.  Perhaps 'wish' could be replaced by 'expect'.  Seriously I WISH him all the best for his expectations but also believe the only way will be 100% vaccination of all residents with quality vaccines.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

In the provinces where most of the people live people struggle to get on a waiting list for a vaccination, while in the capitol city of Bangkok 50% of the population is inoculated.  In what other country would that be considered acceptable?

50% sounds high.  With a population of 10,250,000.

Does than include people vaccinated with just one dose?

I couldn't find any stats just for Bangkok.

3 hours ago, mrfill said:

So it starts coming down in late September and then hey presto! fully open for October 2nd (120 days from June 16th).

What could possibly go wrong??

Your absolutely right , this was said by a handpuppet of mr A and mr P . And just said to give some fals hope to the people that there is some light at the end of the tunnel . With the good vaccines coming from oct , nov even beginning of next year they have to give some positive news to try and keep the masses quiet . They are scared they will get less friendly mobs next time they protest at victory monument . 

• Like 1

What Koolaid is this crazy doctor drinking, and how stupid does he think we are? Bangkok vaccination rates at 50%? Yeah. Right. And we are going on a mission to Venus tomorrow. What utter nonsense. Who are these people, and where do they find them? And why does the press listen to them?

• Like 2

As per usual the powers to be have no idea whats going on in the streets.  I watched a doc the other day on Thailands soaring suicide rates.  One thing they brought up was that the govt was ignoring the plight of the people by not providing help to the poor and those who have lost their jobs.  When they have provided handouts it has only been possible via a smartphone app which most of the poor dont have. 

• Like 2