Anyone used CBD oil to relieve arthritis pain?

In the last few weeks I've started to experience what I take to be arthritic pain in my finger joints of both hands. Rather than take something like Ibuprofen, I'm wondering if CBD oil can relieve the pain?

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Smoking normal cannabis works quite well for my fingers.

10 puffs every other night Vs 2 paracetamol every morning and evening.

And is this available over the counter?

not weed related .... my grandfather suffered from arthritis in his fingers/hands....long story short...he sprayed WD-40 on and rubbed it in.
i'm no doctor but it worked for him.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, wombat said:

not weed related .... my grandfather suffered from arthritis in his fingers/hands....long story short...he sprayed WD-40 on and rubbed it in.
i'm no doctor but it worked for him.

Definitely worth a try. However after reading some online info have decided against it. WD40 is made from petroleum and can have some nasty side effects if absorbed into the body.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

I read a lot of sites about CBD oil to relieve arthritis pain. And according to my friends and relatives who experienced arthritis, CBD is safe and effective for chronic arthritis pain in humans do not exist. ????

Edited by karlodell
  • Confused 1

Had same problem until I started drinking a hot ginger infusion every morning before breakfadt or coffee.

After about a week to ten days the arthritic pain in my wrist and fingers was about 90 percent reduced. If you google it you will find ginger has anti inflammatory properties.

I buy 4 bags at a time from a stall at the market and store in fridge ready for reheating.

Can also easily make yourself with fresh ginger sliced up and boiled for 20 minutes.

At least as good as Ibuprofen is drunk regularly.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

I tried it about 12 months ago, its only impact was to make me feel spaced out, it made little to no difference to the pain I was experiencing at that time. 

Have you found any relief any other way or did the pain go? I have had chronic pain in my hand for a few weeks now and it's not diminishing. Next step is to see a rheumatologist I guess.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Have you found any relief any other way or did the pain go? I have had chronic pain in my hand for a few weeks now and it's not diminishing. Next step is to see a rheumatologist I guess.

Diclofenic, 100 mg works for me. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Diclofenic, 100 mg works for me. 

Can have some nasty side effects, but most of those NSAID type meds do. I may be forced to use it though. Do you take it every day or only as needed?

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can have some nasty side effects, but most of those NSAID type meds do. I may be forced to use it though. Do you take it every day or only as needed?

Oh, only as needed, as it does  give me quite irritating indigestion, but it also works, so I would rather put up with that than the joint pain. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

How did they diagnose, a blood test?

You can go to a laboratory and check for inflammation markers - ESR, CRP and RF. Also your other blood values. If you need a good and cheap laboratory in Pattaya I can send you a PM. If you have such data before you go to a doctor you don't have to wait until he gets the results from his clinic laboratory and you will save money in addition. 

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

That is normally used for gout and not RA. So you have high uric acid levels and joint pain because of gout? 

I already take Allopurinol 300 for gout, but it certainly isn't helping for the pain in my hand.

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You can go to a laboratory and check for inflammation markers - ESR, CRP and RF. Also your other blood values. If you need a good and cheap laboratory in Pattaya I can send you a PM. If you have such data before you go to a doctor you don't have to wait until he gets the results from his clinic laboratory and you will save money in addition. 

If you don't mind sending me details for the lab or clinic you use. I have a local clinic that charges around 1000 baht for blood tests, depending on what you want checked.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you don't mind sending me details for the lab or clinic you use. I have a local clinic that charges around 1000 baht for blood tests, depending on what you want checked.

I have sent you a PM. I have/had a similar experience like you. I want to share my experience - it will not help me but perhaps it will help you. 

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I have sent you a PM. I have/had a similar experience like you. I want to share my experience - it will not help me but perhaps it will help you. 

There are probably no worries about giving details of your problem here, it may help me or others, and you do remain anonymous.

Edited by giddyup