61 kilos of heroin in instant noodle sachets seized by Hong Kong customs - shipment from Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, rickudon said:

I wonder if this will lead back to anyone important in Thailand?

Back in the 90's I heard from an airline office worker and a cargo handler, both farangs, that worked at Don Muang airport telling me that a high ranking customs official was involved in allowing certain crates and packages to skip any screening or checks.

Probably a few other Thai VIPs in the chain somewhere or other.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:23 AM, Iron Tongue said:

You actually believe that Hong Kong will be less corrupt after the Communists seized control?

Yes. A country that routinely executes corrupt officials is going to be more severe on corruption than a bent one, like, er, Thailand, and any corrupt customs etc officials letting this stuff into Hong Kong are probably in for a rude awakening.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:25 PM, sharecropper said:

Yes. A country that routinely executes corrupt officials is going to be more severe on corruption than a bent one, like, er, Thailand, and any corrupt customs etc officials letting this stuff into Hong Kong are probably in for a rude awakening.

I've lived and worked in both HK & China since my first posting in Shanghai with the World Bank back in the '80s.   I am fluent in Mandarin and can understand a few dialects such as Cantonese and Shanghainese.  I am a consultant in infrastructure projects for multinationals spanning Asia, North America, and Europe with some experience in N. Africa and S. America as well.

You are sooo wrong.