61 kilos of heroin in instant noodle sachets seized by Hong Kong customs - shipment from Thailand

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that comment was rife online after a Facebook page called "Eat With Pal Li" reported that 61 kilos of heroin concealed in sachets of additives for instant noodles were seized in Hong Kong by customs.

The shipment came from Thailand.

The heroin was worth 275 million baht and was seized on the 22nd said the post that noted two men and a woman were arrested in Hong Kong the next day and were due to appear in court there yesterday.

The Thai media further reported that there was online speculation as to where the drugs came from in Thailand.

In June there was the case of a person arrested who put crystal meth in sachets for instant noodles as a means of transporting the drug to its destination. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-27

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just weighed the additive packet in my noodles = 4gm. So 61,000 gms would need 15250 packs of noodles. 

Better get to Makro and buy up some boxes as they could have a special ingredient inside much like the surprise inside the box of Crackerjacks.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

No wonder my neighbor was cartwheeling up and down the soi yesterday after his morning bowl of instant noodles. And silly me assumed he had perhaps won the lottery.

Doesn't sound like a heroin high to me. Those noodles were probably laced with Yah Bah.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Just weighed the additive packet in my noodles = 4gm. So 61,000 gms would need 15250 packs of noodles. 

hmmm.  So the key here is the large number of packets.  So some sort of processing facility would be needed.  An obvious place to start might be the plant the noodles allegedly came from or similar noodle processing plants? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow!

Thailand does seem to be the hub of a hefty share of the world's supply of illegal drugs.

Interesting that this can flourish under the watchful eyes of the Police, Military, and current regime.

No shame on these guys,

The war on drugs is impossible to win. Now all of that supply is gone which just makes it more lucrative for the next guy to try it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I do remember reading a couple of years ago that the instant noodles from Korea had ' Not Poodles ' written on the cups.

I think they did that to distinguish them from the kind that had poodles as an ingredient.

• Like 2

A Flourpower "person" familiar with the industryr said he is considering investigating himself, mamma mia do not let me go once he sculpted the statue of limit asians.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The heroin was worth 275 million baht and was seized on the 22nd said the post that noted two men and a woman were arrested in Hong Kong the next day and were due to appear in court there yesterday.

That's made a dent in someones pocket.

10 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Those packets in the photo look quite large, so they probably mean bulk packets of noodle additive. Maybe 61 x 1KG packs.

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Interesting that this is the second large Thai-Hong Kong shipment to be uncovered since the Chinese clamped down in HK. Maybe the game is up with the Thai drug-running Elite?

Or a re-negotiation of profit share is needed.

You actually believe that Hong Kong will be less corrupt after the Communists seized control?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1