Two girls told by mother to go to orphanage as they watch her die of COVID at home

webfact

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1PHx7aG7YJtYzoSFnWgzmb2AN3.jpg

Two girls, aged 7 and 9, who later tested positive for COVID-19, were rescued from their home in Samut Prakan’s Bang Phli district yesterday (Monday), after watching their mother die of COVID-19, amid a continual surge in infections and deaths in Thailand which has seen more deaths on the streets and at home, as hospital resources are being stretched wafer thin.

According to the 9-year-old, their mother, who worked as a home masseuse, told the siblings on her death bed that they should head to an orphanage, so someone can take care of them. The mother started developing severe symptoms about three days before her death, including chest pain, breathing difficulties and coughing up blood.

A neighbour took her to a hospital and returned her to her home before she died the following morning. 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-girls-told-by-mother-to-go-to-orphanage-as-they-watch-her-die-of-covid-at-home/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 19

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A neighbour took her to a hospital and returned her to her home before she died the following morning.

Eh?  Did they get into the hospital? Not admitted?  Which hospital?  No isolation or test was done?  Or if it was offered did the lady and her friend just leave and not agree to isolate or quarantine?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Another article said she was given some medicine and then returned home so maybe just a clinic or could even have just been a pharmacy like many poorer Thais go to when they are sick. COVID tests are 3000+ and can take days to get the results, likely she could not afford one and she would have been dead before the results came if she did it.

I understood that all testing and treatment for Covid is now free paid for by the Government as has been reported in this forum and anyone charging individuals for such treatment is breaking the law. A doctor sent her home to self isolate as if she was symptomless (the new home isolation policy) when she obviously wasn't and should have been admitted to hospital. Another case of bad medical practice

• Like 1

This is only what we see. It’s a sad state and imagine it is happening a lot more than has been reported. I feel so bad for these kids who had to watch their mother die. It may st have also broke the mother’s heart to know she was dying with no help and have to tell her girls to go to an orphanage. Just sad on all fronts. Shame on this pathetic government and their supposed care for the people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:
3 hours ago, zhounan said:

I would like to know if the poor lady has been vaccinated. Journalists must give all the informations.

Thank you.

Also listing any preconditions might put some at ease but this does not seem to be common in the msm.

Nothing would put me at ease when a 7 and 9 year old have lost their mum. I understand why you are asking, but probably not appropriate on this thread given the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1