Had 2 Phizer vacs but tested positive for Covid

Rowdyman

4 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

And with any luck, sometime in the future covid 19 will just be one of those variants included in the flu shot, just as Spanish flu (H1N1A) is now.!

Hopefully.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, bartender100 said:

In the UK, which has just about no restrictions masks are now voluntary , pubs and clubs are open normally as are sports events and festivals. I notice more people around me testing positive, many have little or no symptoms, while the rest are ill for about 10 days and then go about the life normally

The UK vaccine roll out has been one of the best in the world and its working, we had a 3rd wave spike caused by the football they say, but now cases are dropping fast, because the football caused under 40s who had been reluctant to get the jab some form of immunization though catching it

I think Australia and New Zealand are going to have problems longer than anyone if they don't try for some kind of herd immunity, only 13% of Australians are vaccinated so far

The experts are saying the Pandemic will be behind us in the UK by October

UK is still a long way from herd immunity. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:32 AM, watthong said:

As he is laying in a hospital bed, being treated for Covid, an anti-vaxxer still "I'm gonna go through this... don't shove it (their agenda of getting you vaccinated) down my throat."  @ 3:40

Yes!!! I remember doofusses saying "I don't wanna get trapped in my car if seatbelt won't open."

Apparently, that never turned out to be a big problem.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:05 AM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

The irrational vax fear in civilized countries like USA and France is quite shocking.........

A very common misconception, used to think so myself, but I live in the US and it isn't really civilized.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, BritManToo said:

Guy in the OP had worse symptoms with 2 vaccinations than I had with none.

Maybe if he'd had no vaccinations, his symptoms would have been less, or he'd be dead.

But who can tell which, it's all assumptions?

Still wondering if you ever had a test to confirm you had COVID? As you keep saying.

Don't think you have responded to that question.

If you weren't tested then you need to think a little about assumptions.

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:29 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And that is the most important part. If we all would be infected but all of us would have no or only mild symptoms then Covid wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Apparently for the great majority of those infected, symptoms ARE only mild, or even non existent. Britman2 says no worse than flu.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MayBeNow said:

I hope that everyone that got his covid vaccine shot will from now onwards start to finally behave responsibly and take his yearly flu shot.

For as long as you lived you took the many hundreds of thousands of yearly flu deaths for granted, while you knew you could vaccinate. But you just didnt care enough now did you? You are partly responsible for the millions upon millions of flu deaths in your life time. 

So take your responsibility from now onwards, take your yearly flu shot, mask up if someone coughs and together we will eradicate the flu.

Over and out.

P.s. best is to double mask 24/7 the rest of your life, lets eradicate flu together, that mass killer for millennia.

Well pointed out. I can add that all those that tell us to do it to "save lives" should immediately stop driving, as they might have an accident and kill someone. I'm sure I could come up with lots of other things the concerned should not do anymore if I wanted to.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Still wondering if you ever had a test to confirm you had COVID? As you keep saying.

When you last had a cold or flu, did you wait for a lab test before claiming to have had them?

How about mumps, measles, chickenpox, and lab tests?

I was in contact with Wuhan Chinese at Chiang Mai and Saigon airports in Jan 2020.

A few days later I had mild flu like symptoms and a hacking cough.

A few days after returning home all my family had similar symptoms.

It seemed different to flu (although I've only had flu twice) mainly the lingering cough we all had.

There were no tests available, as the media fear factory hadn't started up.

And if there were tests I wouldn't have risked the 10,000bht COVID jail would have cost me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well pointed out. I can add that all those that tell us to do it to "save lives" should immediately stop driving, as they might have an accident and kill someone. I'm sure I could come up with lots of other things the concerned should not do anymore if I wanted to.

No sex either, can't be risking the spread of STDs.

Most accidents happen in the bathroom or kitchen ..... what to do?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When you last had a cold or flu, did you wait for a lab test before claiming to have had them?

I was in contact with Wuhan Chinese at Chiang Mai and Saigon airports in Jan 2020.

It seemed different to flu (although I've only had flu twice) mainly the lingering cough we all had.

And if there were tests I wouldn't have risked the 10,000bht COVID jail would have cost me.

So NO, even though you keep claiming.

As you say assumptions.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

The irrational vax fear in civilized countries like USA and France is quite shocking.........

I agree, but that doesn't mean we have to go overboard in the opposite direction.

The world is not black & white, it is grey, complex & difficult. There is little certainty. People who can't cope with complexity and uncertainty aren't living in the real world.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And that is the most important part. If we all would be infected but all of us would have no or only mild symptoms then Covid wouldn't be a problem anymore.

I agree, but are the vaccines the reason for the new variants? 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I agree, but are the vaccines the reason for the new variants? 

What do you think? Do you think the viruses talk to each other like: Hey, those humans have a vaccine now, we have to change to new variants. Hurry up! ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, VocalNeal said:

Yet more proof , as if we needed it as it is common knowledge, that a vaccine will not stop infection. Simply reduce the symptoms.

On the other side of the coin, here in Australia, all those those dying from the current outbreak of Covid delta variant are those who were unvaccinated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you think? Do you think the viruses talk to each other like: Hey, those humans have a vaccine now, we have to change to new variants. Hurry up! ???? 

Yes, I think they are. I suggest you research 'viral mutation'.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MayBeNow said:

I hope that everyone that got his covid vaccine shot will from now onwards start to finally behave responsibly and take his yearly flu shot.

For as long as you lived you took the many hundreds of thousands of yearly flu deaths for granted, while you knew you could vaccinate. But you just didnt care enough now did you? You are partly responsible for the millions upon millions of flu deaths in your life time. 

So take your responsibility from now onwards, take your yearly flu shot, mask up if someone coughs and together we will eradicate the flu.

Over and out.

P.s. best is to double mask 24/7 the rest of your life, lets eradicate flu together, that mass killer for millennia.

You are accidentally correct even though you thought you were only being sarcastic.  The spanish flu was quite a killer which is why current flu shots incorporate immunization against it.  It is why flu shots will eventually incorporate immunization against covid.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, VocalNeal said:

Yet more proof , as if we needed it as it is common knowledge, that a vaccine will not stop infection. Simply reduce the symptoms.

16 people (so far) liked this comment.... its an indication of the general level of ignorance regarding efficacy and effectiveness of a vaccine - A vaccine will stop infection in ‘most’ cases... 95% for Pfizer.

Pfizer has an efficacy of 95% (or close to that figure depending on which report one reads). 

This means out of 100 people who would catch Covid-19, 95 now will not because they are vaccinated. 

i.e. in a population of 100,000 people where 1% would catch covid (which is pretty close to real world figures).. If everyone is vaccinated with a vaccine of 95% efficacy, 50 people will still test positive for Covid-19. Thats efficacy - generally healthy people tested, within set age ranges (i.e. 18 to 65 yrs old) with no underlying conditions. 

Effectiveness is how efficacy plays out in the real world with real world people some of whom suffer from underlying medical conditions making them more vulnerable as well as people who are a lot older. 

Effectiveness figures are only really known after the general public have been vaccinated for a period of time. 

-----

In this case (the story of the Op) we have an anecdotal evidence that one person who has had two Pfizer shots contracted Covid-19 - this anecdotal evidence can be handled in a few different ways. 

- Hysteria - OMG, he still caught Covid-19, vaccines do not work, which of course is ridiculous, we already know the Pfizer vaccine will not work on an unknown 5% of the population. 

- Common sense - He is still alive, the Pfizer vaccine minimised his symptoms and prevented death. Of course we would never know that the Pfizer vaccine has prevented the Op from suffering more serious consequences of Covid-19, but we know that this is one of the benefits of being vaccinated - the claim that Pfizer prevents 100% of Covid-19 related hospitalisations and deaths (which really, is probably closer to 99.999.% because someone when vaccinating so many people there will of course be people for whom the vaccine is completely ineffective).

Edited by richard_smith237

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:
16 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I had a cold last year in April (in the previous few weeks I’d been to Japan, Thailand and UAE)...

Going by your logic, Brit, it must have been Covid.

No one tests for Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox because they are easily identifiable in their symptoms and not to be readily confused with anything else - the argument you present there is rather ‘strawmanesque’ !

IF you had said... you had cold symptoms AND lost your sense of Smell, i.e. presented with a symptom specific to Covid-19, then your claim that you had Covid-19 would be legitimate... Occam’s razor.... 'When you hear hoofs, think horse, not zebra’.... i.e. you had cold symptoms, you had a cold !!! (probably).

On 7/28/2021 at 7:09 PM, billsmart said:

Wear a mask whether you've been vaccinated or not. 

Vaccinations only help protect you from getting very sick or dying from COVID-19. They do not protect you from getting the virus and only reduce the chances of you spreading it.

Masks help protect you from getting the virus and from spreading it.

You wearing a mask only helps you from spreading the disease. It does nothing to help protect you.  Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others. The CDC has guidance for wearing masks. Wearing a face mask may limit exposure to respiratory droplets and large particles and may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, millymoopoo said:

And with any luck, sometime in the future covid 19 will just be one of those variants included in the flu shot, just as Spanish flu (H1N1A) is now.!

And hopefully countries will not be refusing flights, travel and entry into their country if you don't have the vaccine...same as they don't for people who have not had the flu shot. 

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I’m sure you could come up with lots of other things that present risk to others... but each an everyone of those things would very likely present an extremely flawed argument in comparison to a virus which has swept the globe.

But... the ‘Flu vaccine’ comment, although mentioned with sarcasm is actually a good idea. 

Influenza is less transmissible than SARS-CoV-2, as much of the world has isolated, locked down etc to minimise the impact of Covid-19, it has also prevented the spread of Influenza.

Cynic would argue that those who had Flu were registered as having Covid-19 instead, along with some ‘government agenda’ to fear monger and control the masses. But, the logical argument suggest that the steps taken to minimise Covid-19 were actually effective against influenza. 

In effect this means ‘we’ (the vast majority of the population) has not evolved alongside the influenza virus as it spreads through populations and existing anti-bodies within all of us may have waned 

When the world re-opens up there may well be an Influenza epidemic, vaccination against such may be a good idea. 

(or more specifically the antibodies of each person in the population who has been exposed to seasonal variations of influenza