Had 2 Phizer vacs but tested positive for Covid

Rowdyman

On 7/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, EricTh said:

It is not 'dropping fast', just look at the chart. Once the Delta variant become the dominant variant in UK, the cases will rise again in UK.

Just look at the deaths, the cases are not important as they dont lead to hospitalisation and death due to vaccinations.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:19 PM, Rowdyman said:

so much more needs to be learned from about this virus

Thanks for the time to post your experiences... and helping people learn, hopefully. 

We are up against a clever virus bent on reproducing.... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, Antonymous said:

only 72 occurred in people who had previously had COVID-19 — a rate of less than 1%. In contrast, more than 3,000 cases — or approximately 40% — occurred in people who had received a COVID-19 vaccine.

A very large portion of the people who had covid were also subsequently vaccinated, so of course they will have very good defenses, better than those who have only been vaccinated. It's like a booster shot.

Natural immunity, on its own, is not as good as the immunity from getting vaccinated. But natural immunity plus vaccination is superb.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, Antonymous said:

This suggests vaccine-induced herd immunity is impossible, as these injections apparently cannot prevent COVID-19 even if 100% of a given population gets them.

This has been stated so many times. Nothing prevents infections, not even having had the infection before. The symptoms are reduced significantly. I guess it's understanding the what immunity, in this context, actually means.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, VocalNeal said:

Yet more proof , as if we needed it as it is common knowledge, that a vaccine will not stop infection. Simply reduce the symptoms.

Also the importance to vaccinate everyone not just 70%.

That other 30% will act like pools for the virus to mutate into other variants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, millymoopoo said:

With Covid 19, just like the flu, the vaccine does not stop/block you from becoming infectious.

It is not a magic shield..!

The vaccines purpose (and function) is to activate your immune system to develop antibodies, which would be called upon in the event of you catching covid.

It is these antibodies that fight off any infection, not the vaccine.

In a vaccinated person the immune system is already primed to attack and kill the virus before it can replicate itself enough to do any serious damage, thus the cold like symptoms you experienced.

In others they show no symptoms at all (asymptomatic).
In an unvaccinated persons the virus infection can lead to serious or fatal complications.

Agreed.

On a side note its wise to get the flu shot. You want to avoid any reason to have to go to a hospital at this time.  

Our family was vaccinated.

800 per person.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And that is the most important part. If we all would be infected but all of us would have no or only mild symptoms then Covid wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Very true, if it wasn't for this incompetent soldier boys government, and their nonsense with the vaccines, I believe that today, Thailand would be near enough normal. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Very true, if it wasn't for this incompetent soldier boys government, and their nonsense with the vaccines, I believe that today, Thailand would be near enough normal. 

Define Normal?

Like i.e. the USA, UK, or Australia?

There is no such thing as "normal" in the moment.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Define Normal?

Like i.e. the USA, UK, or Australia?

There is no such thing as "normal" in the moment.

Reading the reports, compare the UK with Thailand right now ie, the pubs and nightlife are open in the UK, wearing masks is not compulsary any more, besides, I did not say normal, I said "near enough" normal. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, mfd101 said:

The vaxes - all of them, but some rather better than others - do MORE than reduce the symptoms.

They all reduce the chances of catching the virus. They all - as stated - reduce the symptoms and thereby reduce the chances of having to go to hospital and thereby reduce the chances of ICU and thereby reduce the chances of dying from the virus.

But it's about probability not certainty. There's no guarantees, just like crossing the road or running down the stairs at home.

You know more than anyone i read about... amazing

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Reading the reports, compare the UK with Thailand right now ie, the pubs and nightlife are open in the UK, wearing masks is not compulsary any more, besides, I did not say normal, I said "near enough" normal. 

Yes, the pubs are open in the UK, and they have a much higher percentage of vaccinated people, and they also have more Covid cases than Thailand. Now what are they doing wrong?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, the pubs are open in the UK, and they have a much higher percentage of vaccinated people, and they also have more Covid cases than Thailand. Now what are they doing wrong?

I suppose it really depends on what you read, I have just read that the C virus statistics has gone down in the UK for the 7th day in a row, and they have had the Delta version for the last two months.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billsmart said:

Wear a mask whether you've been vaccinated or not. 

Vaccinations only help protect you from getting very sick or dying from COVID-19. They do not protect you from getting the virus and only reduce the chances of you spreading it.

Masks help protect you from getting the virus and from spreading it.

imagine that all those smart people from EU could understand this...

no ! they prefer to spread the virus more and more...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:23 PM, VocalNeal said:

Yet more proof , as if we needed it as it is common knowledge, that a vaccine will not stop infection. Simply reduce the symptoms.

Will not stop infection in SOME cases.

In most it does.

The far and away vast majority of infections are in the unvaccinated.

• Like 2