Governor confirms Phuket Sandbox will continue

webfact

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can you show me where it says that these infections are not from residents but from people arriving and looking for jobs who have to meet regulations to arrive on the island as well.

the police an later the army that took over the job were NOT checking all thais arriving over the bridge

AS every international arrival is checked at the airport, you figure out where the cases came from?

• Like 2

PHUKET: A workers’ camp in Patong has been put under ‘Bubble and Seal’ isolation for one month after 13 workers there tested positive for COVID-19 as Phuket officials yesterday marked a record 38 local infections on one day, not including two Sandbox arrivals who were also recorded as testing positive yesterday (July 27).

“In this case, the infections were found by proactive screening. Approximately 40% of those who tested positive were infected with a high-risk strain [of the virus], so we decided to enact the Bubble and Seal process, which is management of the camp using social and public health measures,” he added.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-record-38-new-local-infections-patong-workers-camp-in-isolation-80844.php

Edited by zzzzz
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Muhendis said:

In saying that he has sown the seeds of doubt.

Nonsense. There was much speculation about it, e.g. on this forum, so the government had to come and and try and squash the speculation. If nothing would have been said you would have said they didn't suppress the rumours so they must be true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

the police an later the army that took over the job were NOT checking all thais arriving over the bridge

AS every international arrival is checked at the airport, you figure out where the cases came from?

Nice conspiracy theory, but then maybe the virus was already on the island and waiting to expand.  Look at the individual that was positive and taking photos with Prayut.  Who knows where it arrived from, it is there now and speculation will not change that fact.  In fact more regulations are being put in place that affect all.  Buckle up for the ride, its just getting started like a roller coaster with more twists and turns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Olivie said:

Who was the stupid one who decided that 90 cases number? And why 90 and not 100 or 50 or 200 ?
They probably think "90" will look like a calculated number, not a random "100" so they look smart...but in fact they REALLY dont know what they are doing.

I suspect it was in the tea leaves or star arrangements.  Those are the usual methods used in this government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Why not, it has been a huge success and a role model for the rest of the country.

Yep????nothing like inviting tourists to a Covid country that is a complete disaster and where vaccine rollout is a failure???? Vaccinated people can carry the virus so where is the safety net for Thai people????????????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChC1 said:

Based on current weekly arrivals of 2,000,-3,000 foreign tourist, 90 is somewhere between 3%-4% expected to be infected. Consider major vaccine effective rate is 95-96%. That is why I think the number was set at 90 initially. Anticipated Sandbox arrivals X expected 4-5% vaccine failure rate = 90 (more of less).

What they did not anticipate is that the local infections and infections from domestic travels...Oh well. 

I wonder where the 120,000 arrivals during three months fit in...????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can you show me where it says that these infections are not from residents but from people arriving and looking for jobs who have to meet regulations to arrive on the island as well.

He doesn't need to show you. It's common sense.

Edited by Niteowl45
brevity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I see in the original article that there are many criteria.

If there were 90 persons infected per week in Phuket, that would be a criteria for reconsideration of the scheme once it has started, or for any adjustments,” Mr Natapanu said last month.

“Also if all three districts in Phuket are affected, and in that more than six villages are affected, that would be another criteria,” he added.

“If there are COVID cases and there are no linkages found and no contact tracing is possible, that would be another criteria,” Mr Natapanu continued.

“Also, if the hospital bed capacity exceeds 80%, that would be another criteria,” he added.

“If the situation becomes worse in Phuket after the opening of the province on the 1st of July with these particular criteria, then it [the box scheme] would be reconsidered,” Mr Natapanu warned.

And it it seems like it has been "reconsidered" since the Sandbox continues...????????

• Haha 2

Another pack of lies that were told to reassure the Public into the opening of Phuket.

There will be no reversal, and there was never any intention of one, right from Day One of the Dirtbox Scheme, even if the infections rise to 1000 per week.

A waft of smelly Farang Money has been over the Island, and now the greedy want more.

Even at the expense of peoples Health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niteowl45 said:

He doesn't need to show you. It's common sense.

Are you trying to say that Phuket was Covid free and not one resident was ever infected, until visitors arrived?  Sort of sounds like the rest of the world now doesn't it.  I somehow think your view is tainted and your looking thru rose colored lenses.  It does not take a rocket scientist to see how it can spread easily.  But hey, keep your view and I will keep mine knowing I disagree with you and you with me, common sense of course.

• Confused 2

Being vaccinated does not stop you from catching or spreading COVID. 26 International tourists who had the vaccine have tested positive so far, likely catching it in Phuket.  

The US FDA put out a warning this week that starts with, the vaccine is not am approved drug against COVID.  It is experimental and as a result, still being studied.  We are all human guinea pigs.

To make matters worse, after a white house staffer caught COVID after being fully vaccinated, the question was asked, how many on staff have tested positive since getting vaccinated? Simple question, that the white house press people would not answer.

every day I deal with ICU reports out of Canada.  Fully vaccinated people are still being admitted to the ICU having caught COVID after the fact.

It is absolute craziness to think that allowing vaccinated tourists back is a god thing... I agree with the 75% of Thais that wanted International travel banned until a later date.  Just like the US Canada border needs to stay closed until something changes besides a feel good vaccine meant only to ease our fears.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nice conspiracy theory, but then maybe the virus was already on the island and waiting to expand.  Look at the individual that was positive and taking photos with Prayut.  Who knows where it arrived from, it is there now and speculation will not change that fact.  In fact more regulations are being put in place that affect all.  Buckle up for the ride, its just getting started like a roller coaster with more twists and turns.

Covid was always in Phuket, and was being played down for the Sandbox to open, as was the number of Vaccinated hiked up.

38 Infections ( found ) today, thats 266 cases per week.

Well above the 90 cases per week that were cited to shut the Sandbox. In fact, close to 3 times the amount.

If I was a gambling man, which I am not, I would say the Authorities will try everything, including giving out Green Chiretta Free to all who want it, to keep the sandbox open.

The smell of Tourist Money has drifted over the Island, and the greedy want more of it.

How bad will the greed become before there is a cessation of this nonsense.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bolt said:

I arrived from overseas on July 4th, I had completed all requirements.

my wife flew in from BKK domestic she only had to produce a 7 day negative test, she also didn’t have to do any tests whilst on the island, where as I had to make test day 1-6-12.

the domestic traveler has done this, not the international arrivals.

you mean your wife ?

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Covid was always in Phuket, and was being played down for the Sandbox to open, as was the number of Vaccinated hiked up.

38 Infections ( found ) today, thats 266 cases per week.

Well above the 90 cases per week that were cited to shut the Sandbox. In fact, close to 3 times the amount.

If I was a gambling man, which I am not, I would say the Authorities will try everything, including giving out Green Chiretta Free to all who want it, to keep the sandbox open.

The smell of Tourist Money has drifted over the Island, and the greedy want more of it.

How bad will the greed become before there is a cessation of this nonsense.

And now its reduced to a 7 day sandbox ...... ??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your blaming this forum for speculation and the need to suppress the rumor's.  Better look outside of the box and the news around the world especially Reuters, and Bloomberg to name a few.  Try again please and understand what is being seen from the outside.  Reality does stink, but the reality is what is being observed, not Doom mongering and doomsayers posts as you and a few other continually speculate as wanting the sandbox to fail.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-27/phuket-tourism-experiment-risks-suspension-as-covid-cases-surge

I said 'e.g.'. but I am blaming this forum for what exactly?

12 hours ago, Boedog said:

Of course it will this is our only source of brown envelopes and with the rest of the country in lockdown or restrictions our Sandbox is a miracle 

What brown envelopes.

You only need to look at the Bank of Thailand and the World bank figures  and forecasts to see that growth will be as low as -2.5%
yes that is minus.

Thailand has run out of money and is nearly bankrupt. 
That is not BS. That is fact.

This is why they are pushing tourism and money back into the country, as Thailand is basically bankrupt without the worldwide press. Hence the money being pumped into the economy. But that will lead to inflation next year.

I stand by my claims and I stand as a finance expert to show you this post next year when inflation passes nearly 3%

Edited by JupiterRising
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JupiterRising said:

Thailand has run out of money and is nearly bankrupt. 
That is not BS. That is fact.

If that is fact, then I'm sure you'll be able to provide a link to the evidence, if any exists.

• Like 1