Governor confirms Phuket Sandbox will continue

webfact

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Why not, it has been a huge success and a role model for the rest of the country.

Fine, IF the rest of the country was 70+ vaccinated( fully and not just with Chinovac). So no way for the near term.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

In my experience statements like these are rarely, if ever true. They are usually lies made up to buy time. I wonder what all the tourists who have flocked to Phuket are going to do when it does get cancelled.

The promise of another 10 destination nationwide has already been cancelled... not it's down to island hopping down south only. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

this is totally irrelevant, international arrivals are NOT driving rising cases, its thai's returning to the island and the police NOT doing their job at the bridge!!

surely they took into account when they set 90, that it would be local cases that would make problems>

You know this is Thailand right ?  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I see in the original article that there are many criteria.

If there were 90 persons infected per week in Phuket, that would be a criteria for reconsideration of the scheme once it has started, or for any adjustments,” Mr Natapanu said last month.

“Also if all three districts in Phuket are affected, and in that more than six villages are affected, that would be another criteria,” he added.

“If there are COVID cases and there are no linkages found and no contact tracing is possible, that would be another criteria,” Mr Natapanu continued.

“Also, if the hospital bed capacity exceeds 80%, that would be another criteria,” he added.

“If the situation becomes worse in Phuket after the opening of the province on the 1st of July with these particular criteria, then it [the box scheme] would be reconsidered,” Mr Natapanu warned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Looks like the uptick in cases are more to do with Thais arriving on the Island looking for employment rather than foreign arrivals 

Can you show me where it says that these infections are not from residents but from people arriving and looking for jobs who have to meet regulations to arrive on the island as well.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Olivie said:

Who was the stupid one who decided that 90 cases number? And why 90 and not 100 or 50 or 200 ?
They probably think "90" will look like a calculated number, not a random "100" so they look smart...but in fact they REALLY dont know what they are doing.

Have they ever?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChC1 said:

Based on current weekly arrivals of 2,000,-3,000 foreign tourist, 90 is somewhere between 3%-4% expected to be infected. Consider major vaccine effective rate is 95-96%. That is why I think the number was set at 90 initially. Anticipated Sandbox arrivals X expected 4-5% vaccine failure rate = 90 (more of less).

What they did not anticipate is that the local infections and infections from domestic travels...Oh well. 

So you obviously not too bright are you as the efficacy of Sinovac is less than 60%

2 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

Well 9 is a lucky number don’t you know…

Anyway I hope it’s successful and maybe Pattaya can be next to open.

That's right, if they'd chosen 99 then everything would have been fine, but this is what hapens when you try and run a country without first consulting the astrologers and amulets. Clearly, ignoring the fates and fortunes and not leaving enough red Fanta and bananas outside Government House every day are resulting in poorly designed government policy.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2