Thailand reports daily record of 16,533 new coronavirus cases

webfact

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) are now working to open an isolation center for COVID-19 patients at Bang Sue Grand Station’s electric train depot.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Tourism and Sports has revised the conditions of the Phuket "sandbox" program, reducing the duration of the mandatory stay in Phuket to seven days, while allowing tourists to spend the following seven days on "Sealed Routes" in five other provinces

Bullet proof plan

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Tourism and Sports has revised the conditions of the Phuket "sandbox" program, reducing the duration of the mandatory stay in Phuket to seven days, while allowing tourists to spend the following seven days on "Sealed Routes" in five other provinces.

Tourism and Sports Minister Phlipat Ratchakitprakarn said he has consulted the prime minister about launching the "Sealed Routes", using Phuket as a hub from which tourists can expand their travel to other provinces.

He said tourists will have to spend seven days on Phuket and take the COVID-19 test twice, before they are allowed to travel through these sealed routes in Krabi, Phang-nga and Samui, which will open for tourists in August, while Chiang Mai and Lamphun will open in October.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158167748622050/

So by October the sandbox tourists can go to Chiang Mai and enjoy experiencing the food-handout-linesand all the closed shops. 

Maybe they will even be lucky to get some great holiday photos of a few corpses on the streets. 

You can’t beat a holiday like that…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I don’t actually see that planting rice would infringe any Covid restrictions to be honest. I have several rai in Udon which is farmed by a neighbor on our behalf and I’m not aware that Covid has had any impact on their planting. I get a third of the crop once it’s grown, which I usually give away to my wife’s expended family. 

I would suggest that it is entirely possible to plant rice and remain Covid safe. 

I would say that even if a lockdown was implemented around here farming would be classified as an essential service, because essentially people would starve and the Thai billionaires would go broke and the authorities would have a fight on their hands which is probably why there is lockdown hesitancy.The economy it seems is more important around here than covid.Plus Prayuth isn't the only Thai with a "what ever will be will be" attitude in fact I would say it's the prevailing attitude in Thailand.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Gotta say, I was SHOCKED when the detailed province by province numbers came out this afternoon.

Early this morning, when we just had the raw national totals, I had assumed / guessed today's new 16,000+ new case daily high was because the government had finally gotten around to officially including the reported 3,000+ positive cases from the weekend at the chicken plant in Phetchabun.

But as noted above, NO, few if any of those 3,000+ cases seem to have been reported thus far. And instead, a lot of today's increase was instead driven by a record high number of new cases reported in Bangkok (3,997), which suddenly blew past the province's prior record high of 3,191 daily cases from July 10.

In a similar vein, rather than being chicken plant cases, the national total also shows a record high number of walk-in cases (where sick people are seeking out their own treatment) at 13,447. The highest number for that I can recall seeing lately was 11,759 on July 25.

All of the above is a BAD sign... with the reported 3,000+ Phetchabun cases presumably still kicking around somewhere waiting for their ***** to hit the fan.

See the restrictions are working to bring down the reported number of positive tests as has been the case for quite a while now.I would guess that by now the numbers would be well over 20,000 per day if the R0 value of 5 is anything to go by.If 15,000 people times 5 isn't higher than 20,000 then something fishy is going on.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just heard from a friend that Vietnams lockdown now has everyone not only ordered and made to stay inside, but now comes with each family being given 2 vouchers a week to go out and buy food and this lasting for a minimum of 2 weeks.  Here is a copy of the vouchers.

Screenshot_20210728-174107_WhatsApp.jpg

If that was here, they'd probably be selling them on the black market for 10K baht a pop.... But perhaps, the same is/will be occurring there as well...

Makes me think of rationing coupons back during WWII (and no, I wasn't alive to personally be around for those.... ????  )

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the operative term in your comment above is you would "guess."  Curfew and lockdown restrictions don't have any impact on the numbers of sick people who decide to seek out medical treatment, which also hit a record high number today, and that's even with hospitals in Bangkok beginning to refuse to treat/admit new walk-in patients.

Today's record spike in self-referred COVID cases (the blue portion of the chart below at 13,447) is HUGE!  The portion found from outreach testing (the chart portion in yellow) is not so much different than what it's been on a day to day basis.

2021-07-28c.jpg.a9a8198f9840c05ca7569b3c46dfc64b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/374591380825859/?type=3

I'm not talking about those sorts of restrictions I'm talking about the restrictions on the reporting of positive tests there are many restrictions not all of them are so obvious and not all of them are subtle.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

To recap for what was a very bad day:

--Record high number of daily new cases -- 16,533

--Record high number of daily self-referred cases -- 13,447

--Record high number of daily new cases in Bangkok -- 3,997

--Record high number of COVID active cases/hospitalizations -- 178,270

--Record high number of COVID patients in critical condition -- 4,325

--Record high number of critical COVID patients on ventilators -- 995

Yeesh!!!

My GF says the reason it is raining so hard at least here in Bangkok, all day, is because Buddha is crying for the people of Thailand, not the Government.

Edited by onthedarkside
monarchy reference removed
  • Haha 2

It has now increased from 2,3 or 4 weeks to 4-6 weeks:

Thai Prime Minister hosts Covid-19 discussion with maximum control zone provincial governors for possible solution, hoping to recover in 4-6 weeks

Bangkok –

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha today, July 28th, has participated in a discussion with provincial authorities in dark-red (maximum control) zone provinces such as Chonburi, except Bangkok, for potential solutions to improve the Covid-19 situation in 4-6 weeks.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/28/thai-prime-minister-hosts-covid-19-discussion-with-maximum-control-zone-provincial-governors-for-possible-solution-hoping-to-recover-in-4-6-weeks/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

So by October the sandbox tourists can go to Chiang Mai and enjoy experiencing the food-handout-linesand all the closed shops. 

Maybe they will even be lucky to get some great holiday photos of a few corpses on the streets. 

You can’t beat a holiday like that…

In all seriousness, anyone here on a holiday was dropped on their head as an infant at least thirty times.  

You have to be a special kind of damaged to do something like this.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just heard from a friend that Vietnams lockdown now has everyone not only ordered and made to stay inside, but now comes with each family being given 2 vouchers a week to go out and buy food and this lasting for a minimum of 2 weeks.  Here is a copy of the vouchers. Reminds me of the Wuhan lockdown and then could we here in BKK be not far behind with the new uptick in numbers showing we are not decreasing cases, especially with walk-in cases.

Screenshot_20210728-174107_WhatsApp.jpg

Is that for the whole of Vietnam or just one city/district?  I really can't see anything like this being imposed in Thailand / Bangkok.   And as it expires on 1 August, how much of a difference can a lockdown like this for a few days make?  

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

My GF says the reason it is raining so hard at least here in Bangkok, all day, is because Buddha is crying for the people of Thailand, not the Government.

Good grief.  Religion really is the opium of the people!

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is that for the whole of Vietnam or just one city/district?  I really can't see anything like this being imposed in Thailand / Bangkok.   And as it expires on 1 August, how much of a difference can a lockdown like this for a few days make?  

I think the voucher expires 1st August. The lockdown is for 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Just the shopping card expires August 1.

Edited by rabas
Need faster computer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I think the voucher expires 1st August. The lockdown is for 2 weeks.

Yes I saw the date, but it was the first time in a few weeks I had been updated on what was going on over there.  He indicated that it would possibly be extended as things are not getting much better.

Edited by ThailandRyan

30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

UK announces donation of 415,000 doses of #AstraZeneca vaccine to Thailand Ready to deliver to Thailand next month.

Translated from:

สหราชอาณาจักรประกาศบริจาค #วัคซีน #แอสตร้าเซนเนก้า 415,000 โดสแก่ประเทศไทย พร้อมนำส่งถึงไทยเดือนหน้า

https://twitter.com/ukinthailand/status/1420360847466012674

English language tweet:

The UK will this week begin delivering nine million #Covid19 #vaccines around the world,  including 415,000 doses to #Thailand, to help tackle the pandemic.  Video message from

@markgooding on the donation to Thailand:

https://twitter.com/ukinthailand/status/1420363034418040836

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-begins-donating-millions-of-covid-19-vaccines-overseas

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1