Thailand reports daily record of 16,533 new coronavirus cases

webfact

53 minutes ago, James105 said:

That part was a joke.   I'm just grateful the UK held the line and didn't reverse course on opening up as if they had gone back to increased restriction, as was the goal of this pressure, then the "lockdown" would once again be getting credit for the virus naturally declining.    What we have instead is delicious example of how all those that claim lockdowns are the only solution have been proved completely and utterly wrong.   

I guess you forgot about vaccinations.

The story is that the UK eased all restrictions, cases went up, but now the virus is finding new victims difficult to come by.

• Like 2

Travel clampdown in Dark Red provinces; Anutin vows 1m jabs per day from Aug

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday ordered the governors of 12 Dark-Red provinces to monitor inter-provincial travel closely to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Thirteen provinces fall under the Dark-Red zone of maximum disease controls due to their high number of infections. They are Bangkok, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Pathum Thani, Pattani, Ayutthaya, Yala, Songkhla, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon. The governor of Bangkok met with the PM earlier this week.

More........

Anutin said that from August, the Public Health Ministry expects to procure 10 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine per month on average and aims to provide 1 million jabs per day.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003868

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

I haven't actually seen the document itself but my wife told me ( the document is in her handbag) She is now sleeping - supporting one's husband is a tiring job.

17 August, and yes, I had a sinovac jab!

For those who would seem that I have second-best, I am happy that I have been prescribed what is appropriate for me.

In a fast rising pandemic,  mixing sinovac/sinopharm with AZ is an attractive alternative to 2X AZ because waiting 12 weeks for the 2nd AZ shot can be unnerving.  At one point I had an option to get sinopharm 8 weeks before my second AZ shot. It was a toss up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am happy that I have been prescribed what is appropriate for me.

... happy that what was appropriately prescribed for me was a double dose of Pfizer Biotech....????????????

( although God knows where the booster is going to come from)

Jokes aside, IMHO anything is better than nothing and if I hadn't been lucky enough to be outside Thailand for a while, I'd be jumping at whatever was offered to me...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Wednesday (July 28) reported 16,533 new COVID-19 cases and 133 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

And no sign of slowing, that's just the way it's going, soon to escalate as nationwide numbers with the Delta variant start to mimmick what happened in Bangkok.

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

In a fast rising pandemic,  mixing sinovac/sinopharm with AZ is an attractive alternative to 2X AZ because waiting 12 weeks for the 2nd AZ shot can be unnerving.  At one point I had an option to get sinopharm 8 weeks before my second AZ shot. It was a toss up.

Not me. I'll wait thank you. 12 wks it is then who knows how many months after that for an mRNA booster. 

Maybe Thailand should adopt the "do nothing" approach like they did last year which received a commendation from WHO and put them in the top 10 countries for controlling Covid !?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

I wonder how many Thai's go around saying "let's just get on with it and so what if thousands of people die"? 

The arrogance on display here at times is mind boggling. People come first, not business, and not the economy, Thailand should do all it can to protect and save as many people as it can from serious illness and death, no matter the cost to the economy as a whole.

Economies can bounce back, but they cannot bounce back without people. Those clamouring for an end to lockdowns for their own personal benefit are some seriously messed up individuals. 

My wife and just about everyone around here couldn't care less about what covid does or how many die from it because they are all too busy trying to survive and there is nothing they can do to stop it.You could say they could do lockdown but it's rice planting season and if they don't plant the rice they don't eat for a year and that is less important than doing a lockdown.

• Confused 1

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/28/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-5/

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

After a one day pause

I'll stop you there, do you really think the actual number of cases receded for a day and then increased?

Every one of these people who are reported as testing positive contracted COVID last week some time.

These numbers are a delayed representation of where 'they' were days ago.

There's no way it's not above 20k (or far higher) each day right now.

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

I wonder how many Thai's go around saying "let's just get on with it and so what if thousands of people die"? 

The arrogance on display here at times is mind boggling. People come first, not business, and not the economy, Thailand should do all it can to protect and save as many people as it can from serious illness and death, no matter the cost to the economy as a whole.

Walk around Pattaya, and I think you'll find the answer to your question isn't clear. Many closed shopfronts with Thais gathering out front with friends for meals.

Lockdowns hardly impact me personally, happy to go with the consensus. However it should be a consensus, not a few in privileged positions (wealth to ride this out) dictating to the rest. Neither of us really know what the overall sentiment is. People do come first, I agree with that. However there are people in dire economic situations, you can't hand wave away the human consequences for them. I don't have the answers, but quite sure the answer should not include the phrase 'at any cost'.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Deaths and case numbers are moving upwards again.  The question is are the numbers from Phetcahbun included or not.  Guess we will have to wait until this afternoon to see the provincial breakdowns. Not buying the 56% of Bangkok's residents being vaccinated. Seems a little high to me with the numbers of vaccinations they are doing daily.

Would be interested to see the provincial figures published in English because I and many others do not read the Thai writing .

Yep send them to Thailand please

Number of unused AstraZeneca vaccines in Australia tops 3 million

“We will look back on anti-AstraZenecism as one of the greatest public health failings in many years,” Professor Dore said.

Margaret Harris from the World Health Organisation said Australia should give unwanted vaccines to countries that could use them.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/number-of-unused-astrazeneca-vaccines-in-australia-tops-3-million-20210727-p58di3.html

• Like 2

Well. If it is doubling exponentially every two weeks, as the chart shows, there will be approximately 32,000 cases daily by the 11th of August, with a possible 250-300 deaths a day.

That is working with the current figures the graphs show in this article.