Thailand reports daily record of 16,533 new coronavirus cases

webfact

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Both the vaccination program and this entire administration continue to be a massive failure. A boil on the face of the nation, for all to see. 

Why don't they close these big factories? Pineapple plants, chicken processing, etc. If they can close countless small businesses, why not close the super clusters? Are they that transparent in their desire to continue protecting the super rich, at all costs? Is this not a national emergency? Have they no shame or dignity? 

The answer to your final question is....they have neither !

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bookmarked............

That part was a joke.   I'm just grateful the UK held the line and didn't reverse course on opening up as if they had gone back to increased restriction, as was the goal of this pressure, then the "lockdown" would once again be getting credit for the virus naturally declining.    What we have instead is delicious example of how all those that claim lockdowns are the only solution have been proved completely and utterly wrong.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who is the one that will accept the failure, surely not the PM as he has already blamed the public for the spread and stated just how well his handling went last year.  No, you can not make this stuff up, it is the reality of what they have created by a dismal vaccine roll-out and horrible planning that they are sure to blame each province for.  No one at the top will take responsibility except for those forced to do so who are at a lower level in Government and made to take the fall.  The buck stops at the top and I mean the top PM.

There is an old saying that says " you cannot kick S22T uphill in a crisis "

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Channel 7 news is discussing the complete and utter chaos in the original Que lines at Bang Sue with so many people crammed in together at the start of the que.  The people interviewed were grateful to being able to get vaccinated.  Additionally they are talking about the App for making appointments for those 18 and above, but the caveat seems that it is geared towards Thais......why can they not roll out an app and registration for all people who live in Thailand regardless of nationality.  This has all the trappings of a Christmas dinner served up to everyone except the help.

what happened to the vaccine donated by the U.S?  i though some of which would be set aside for dirty Farang?

I reckon you can put another 5000+ on that figure they are the ones out in the sticks who cannot get tested as they don’t have the means or money to travel long distances to the hospital only to be told they cannot be tested

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

I wonder how many Thai's go around saying "let's just get on with it and so what if thousands of people die"? 

The arrogance on display here at times is mind boggling. People come first, not business, and not the economy, Thailand should do all it can to protect and save as many people as it can from serious illness and death, no matter the cost to the economy as a whole.

Economies can bounce back, but they cannot bounce back without people. Those clamouring for an end to lockdowns for their own personal benefit are some seriously messed up individuals. 

I imagine all of the ones that currently have no income, no savings and no financial support from the government will be wanting to open things up as the chances of dying from starvation/poverty are a much bigger concern than covid when you have no money.    So probably millions of them.   If you had no savings, no income and no financial support from anywhere would you still want lockdown?   Be honest.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Phetchabun identified a sugar factory There are more than 90 employees infected. The province ordered the immediate closure of the village lockdown.

On July 28, the people of Si Thep District were in a state of panic. after report More than 90 employees at Thai Rung Rueng Industrial Plant, Village No. 9, Si Thep Subdistrict, Si Thep District, has been infected with more than 90 cases, while there is a list of 6 villages in high -risk monitoring areas in Si Thep District, and more than 100 people have contaminated. Identified as a patient living with a factory worker Therefore, it was designated as a high -risk monitoring area. 

https://newsfounded.com/thailandeng/phetchabun-ordered-closure-of-sugar-factories-lockdown-villages-more-than-90-employees-were-infected/

More and more clusters like this will be found.  Many have been trying to keep their factories open and keep the money train going forward.  Unfortunately some of these factories do not have places for people to live and stay on site and they come from the surrounding villages.  Not hard to understand why they have been holding things close to the vest.  Anecdotal evidence would say that we are just now starting to see the underbelly of the beast and it is not looking good.  Stay safe folks and do what's needed to protect your loved ones.  My GF had a worrisome call from her 7 year old who is being treated in a hospital as it appears she is needing supplemental oxygen now.

• Like 1

Overcrowded Bang Sue, prisoner releases, allowing tourists in , epsilon, lamda and sometime Mu Nu one day Songkhran, it's as if there is a huge Darwinian field trial of the gullible and cullable..

The crowded work places makes you wnder if teh low paid prawn and chciken workers are seen as expendable and easily replaced as the food.It's almost as if money were more important than fellow humans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well i am not a sceintist; i am just a sandboxer who stay in phuket and shocked

from the level of destruction of the place. most shops are closed forever.

most hotels are empty. completly.

so it is clear for me that many lives were lost here, and not from corona.

gone are the days of stopping the dirty farang at bay.

now the right thing to do is to open the country to all kinds of tourist, just

like many other countries did, spain; portugal, brazil, even south africa.

Ah. A couple of points then.

1. When you say many lives were lost, do you actually mean livelihoods? If the former, do you have statistics to prove the point? If the latter, no need statistics, I can see for myself when I visit Kata.

2. When you say open the country to tourists, does that mean that you are not advocating opening up the country in terms of removing Covid restrictions, just opening the borders to tourism? Two very different things and I think most who read your previous posts took you as meaning  the former, certainly I did.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

Posts denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names have been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless.

At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, British Bulldog said:

This is how we do it in Vientiane, rows of seats 3m's apart in some cases ... during the severe lock down periods, we opened up large shopping malls that had been closed (Yes we have them ...) and turned them into vaccination centers, they even turned the air-con on for a bit of extra comfort ... all were welcomed, Falangs, Lao's and alike, by appointment or not appointment, everybody got served ... safely !

Nearly all the reported cases in Laos at the moment are Lao workers escaping from Thailand. It probably won't be long before community transmission starts up again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday Mor Prom reported only 75,000 vaccinations down nationwide.  Must be some severe supply disruptions, as they normally average 200-300k  on week days.  I guess most of those 75,000 were done at Mor Prom jiudging from the photographs.

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I was told that this chaos is partly due to people from Central provinces, which have shortages of vaccines, flocking to Bangkok in the hope of getting shots at Bang Sue as walk-ins. I can't verify how true this is but someone said his relatives from one of the Khao Yai provinces went there as vaccine appointments in the surrounding districts had been cancelled.   

Yes, people from our village in Kanchanaburi wanted to go too but when they saw the pics cancelled their trip into Bangkok.