PM: Things will be better in 4-6 weeks; Anutin: We'll be vaxxing 1 million a day next month

webfact

7 hours ago, JayClay said:

Thai language is pretty vague, which is a politicians dream. Even English language is extremely open to interpretation.

Did he say 10 million a day, every day? Or did he just insinuate that they have the capacity to vaccinate up to 1 million people a day?

But not which day.... right?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

At one point - pehaps seeking a ray of hope amid the doom and gloom of the crisis - Prayuth asked the governors:

"Isn't anybody reporting a lowering in case numbers?"

Isn´t it illegal to report fake news?

Prayuth pressed on saying: "I hope things will be better in four to six weeks according to the latest data"

Yeah, a raise in numbers usually means it´s on it´s way to get better.

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

And that goes well together with vaxxing a million per day next month? He do know that a month have about 30 days, right?

As long as the stupid people keep travelling and going out to clubs and bars it will get much worst . for travel unless really important then stay home and away from others . look at what happened in Samui now just had conformations of 51 infections  who go out on the <deleted> .100 in hospital    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doublezero said:

1 Million vaccinations per day? I wonder whether Khun Anutin listened to his maths lessons in school. A million has SIX zeros after the "1", not THREE, even in Thailand.

maybe he meant 1 minimum 

8 hours ago, sezze said:

I wonder what data he got ?

Get 10 million in a month and vaccinate 1 mill per day ... that month gonna be over very soon .

That must be based on the new maths that we don’t know about????????????

• Haha 1

Well, at the end of vaccine Anutin and Prayut might realize that they have 20 days left in the month ........

"Top of the agenda was more beds in these provinces and how to pay for them and antigen test kits"

Well, the Swiss just flew in 26 tons of equipment and antigen test kits - with compliments of the Swiss tax payer. All the while, Swiss cannot get vaccinated as they've been clustered as "dirty farang" too by no-one less but the public health minister. 

The money for the rest might be well hidden in the navy's budget for the two submarines. Call Prawit (if he is awake) and get the phone number of his admirals or commodori for guidance! 

I am surprised that there are no open riots and unrest in Bangkok and upcountry crosspoints like Chiang Mai, Korat etc. How can Thai people just simply stand by and watch silently .......... honestly? 

• Thanks 1

Another lousy headline.  The PM 'hopes' things will be better; not 'things will be better'.  Much like, 'I hope I will lose 10 pounds'.  Not the same as 'I will lose 10 pounds.'   Not going to happen--the same as 1 million vaccinations a day each month is not going to happen

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sezze said:

I wonder what data he got ?

Get 10 million in a month and vaccinate 1 mill per day ... that month gonna be over very soon .

Nah, they'll just go onto a two and a quarter day week to stretch it out for the whole month.

18 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Sounds about right, in 4-6 weeks most people will have caught the virus and vast majority will have recovered with their natural immunity.

Then proceed to get it again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy.

And everyone knew once again full of bs

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Top of the agenda was more beds in these provinces and how to pay for them

Cash ? Cheque or Credit Card?

Pattaya cried have no money , first must paint and renovate Pattaya sign before anything else ????

This post shouldn't be seen as somehow apologising for the incompetence of the government, but Pol Gen Aswin doesn't feel that it is necessary for him to attend a meeting called to try and find solutions to the biggest crisis in the country's recent history? How comforting to know that the capital city is in such safe hands. 

Edited by RayC
Tried to unbold

How many times they didn't not keep their promisses?

I remember the motorcycle on the sidewalk. Reported over 150, never got 1 Baht.

All fake promisses. ! million vaccinations a day. Germany did it. The Thai government can do the same?  You can believe them, or you don't believe them. Your choice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1