PM: Things will be better in 4-6 weeks; Anutin: We'll be vaxxing 1 million a day next month

webfact

"Top of the agenda was more beds in these provinces and how to pay for them and antigen test kits and if the people knew how to use them."

Top of the agenda should have been getting vaccine to folks outside of Bangkok ASAP.

I'm surprised he didn't also say Bangkok centric government will provide more crematoriums to provinces to lighten load on wats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every statement is always about the future; 'things will be better in ...'. 'More vaccines are due to arrive next...'.  Thais live for the present and have no concept of tomorrow.  They will take 100 baht now rather than a promise of 200 at the weekend. Prayuth is, therefore, talking through his bottom if he thinks his pronouncements are reassuring to the people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth pressed on saying: "I hope things will be better in four to six weeks according to the latest data"

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

“The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun

Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'Til there's none

When I'm stuck a with day that's gray and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin, and say, oh

The sun'll come out tomorrow

So you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow
Come what may

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya tomorrow
You're always a day away”

Alicia Morton

Edited by Bluespunk
Formatting
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sezze said:

I wonder what data he got ?

Get 10 million in a month and vaccinate 1 mill per day ... that month gonna be over very soon .

Someone explained homeopathy to Anutin.

"Unlike concrete, sir, it works after infinite dilution."

Anutin: "OK, that I understand. No rebar?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Every statement is always about the future; 'things will be better in ...'. 'More vaccines are due to arrive next...'.  Thais live for the present and have no concept of tomorrow.  They will take 100 baht now rather than a promise of 200 at the weekend. Prayuth is, therefore, talking through his bottom if he thinks his pronouncements are reassuring to the people.

'More vaccines are due to arrive next...'.  was it not stated May next year ?

wonder what there going to put in the vaccine Vials to vaccinate all these people every day ?

Edited by ignis
  • Like 2

More BS as the situation deteriorates.

If i am correct even the UK only managed average about 500, 000 to 600,000 doses a day. Peak about 800,000 for short periods.

Most developed countries can only achieve at peak about 1 dose per 100 people in population ( usa included) ie 700,000 here.

1m a day, Pure fantasy.

• Like 2

I guess there must be at least one person that believe this nonsense and that is Anutin himself. What is the difference between lies and BS? A liar knows the difference between a lie and the truth. a BS artist doesn't, he simply cannot tell the difference. Anutin is made of BS but oozes creditability to the one person that matters to him: himself.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, pasathai said:

fake vaccine in the works yet ( at a price per jab) ?

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And everybody believes in your and Anutins words! 

“I hope…”

which means he has no facts that he understands.

followed by Math Wiz A Nothing with worst mathematics absent blurb of the year.

• Like 1

I have a very simple philosophy to be applied to economic crisis and pandemics.

Economic crisis, first the companies and individuals go bust, then the banks, then the Gov't. Then you have anarchy.

Pandemic crisis; The sick multiply, fatalities increase, hospitals cannot cope, morgues cannot cope and overflow. Then you have anarchy.

Top of their agenda was hospital beds and testing. A clear sign how far they are down the line. I really do hope that they do not reach the next step, like they did in India.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy. 

Yes, that's what happens when you pull figures from thin air. It's hard to explain discrepancies. But plus minus 200%, who's counting...

• Like 1

"Whether this was for reassurance or guidance was not explained."

Neither. It's simply about expressing power. Trump did this continuously throughout his presidency and even in the campaign before that. 

To tell a blatant lie, with the mutual understanding that both you and the audience/listener (which here includes the people in the meeting, along with the entire Thai media, Thai people, expats and the world at large) know with absolute certainty that the statement has no factual basis, but the audience/listeners are completely powerless, is a bullying ploy that builds the perceived power-over of the speaker and demeans everyone.

Its act of raw contempt, just as when he sprayed alcohol hand sanitizer at the press who were asking simple direct questions he did not wish to answer, and later, upon his condemnation, he called it a joke.

No one was fooled, neither then, nor now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1