PM: Things will be better in 4-6 weeks; Anutin: We'll be vaxxing 1 million a day next month

webfact

2 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Complete idiots really. All you have to do is concentrate on vaccinating everyone and it'll be way better... but oh no! Can't have that. We need to profit and pander to political plus business considerations. If ever there was an example of how to completely screw-it-up due to nepotism, arrogance and incompetence, then this is it. Basically, the junta and its fan-boys have blown it. You reap what you sow.

In a nutshell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And there continues to be various reports in the TH language media about ongoing tensions and disputes between the central government admin. and Bangkok's governor over vaccine distribution and other stuff. The article above notes that the BKK governor wasn't at this meeting.

Its tearing up this government slowly but surly.

Its nice to watch it playout.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kotsak said:

As a general he should know that hope is not a plan..

by the way what is Anutin's military rank?  I can see that he is a qualified Paratrooper, and has lots of medals for bravery in taking the vaccination, but his shoulder-boards suggest he is not yet a full General....

Inked1617697540_1-org_LI.jpg

4 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

by the way what is Anutin's military rank?  I can see that he is a qualified Paratrooper, and has lots of medals for bravery in taking the vaccination, but his shoulder-boards suggest he is not yet a full General....

Inked1617697540_1-org_LI.jpg

If it makes these people feel better about themselves, then by all means... ????

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy. 

That's not like Anutin to allow a slip of the old tongue....lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bernietravelling said:

Well, I would have an idea - but that means: doing the same as the Farang:

CDC urges labs to use COVID tests that can differentiate from flu

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-urges-labs-covid-tests-025958593.html

Fake news.

The CDC designed and produced a flawed RT-PCR test. It was quickly found to be flawed, and withdrawn from service, back in early 2020.

This memo instructs labs to throw away those worthless test kits. 

Nobody got a fake diagnosis from these unused test kits.

The Denier Lie Factory has fooled you with this article.

2 minutes ago, Pracha Duang said:

By the time Thailand gets the vaccine, the virus will have already mutated. Literally.

Latest coming from the US is this: 

“In the last 2 days, Walensky suggested:

1) Serious risk of the virus mutating beyond vaccine protection 
2) 2 out of every 20 vaccinated could get reinfected.
3) Viral loads among vaccinated exceed viral loads among unvaccinated.”

Lockdown part two in the US incoming. Thailand will likely be on perpetual lockdown forever since by the time they get a vaccine after every mutation, the virus will have already mutated. 

This guy called it over a year ago. Everything panning out exactly as he predicted. Welcome to the new world.

This guy is an idiot.

He made some bad predictions.

The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'Til there's none

When I'm stuck a with day that's gray and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin, and say, oh

The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow
Come what may

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I love ya tomorrow
You're always a day away

Isn't one of the definitions of insanity is when one keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results?

Is there the equivalent of 'empirical evidence' in the Thai language?

Note: These concepts don't apply just to Thailand, IMO.

Edited by MaxYakov

If we roughly follow the same model as India, on the back of an envelop it looks possible to stablise at around 10,000 reported cases a day by October after peaking at around 60,000 reported cases a day with around 20,000 reported deaths from the entire third wave.  I am not sure if the type of "getting betting" Prayut meant, as he wasn't terribly specific.

10 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

the vaccine disaster in Thailand will be Prayut moment for the failed government rice scheme of the previous elected government

Totally agree, but one big difference, this PM made himself chief of the Army... 

67 million  people in Thailand give or take so 1 million a day minus the people who have already had the vaccine say 5 million  so in 62 days giving first dose then second dose a month later works out in 3 month  Thailand will be covid free. Its taken must countries 18 month and still not 100% of the people have had the vaccine and these countries didnt waste 18 month by not ordering any doses. 

Surly the thai people can see through all the lies 

22 hours ago, sezze said:

I wonder what data he got ?

Get 10 million in a month and vaccinate 1 mill per day ... that month gonna be over very soon .

Thats 333,33333 per day, obvious a abacus glitch, to much wonton soup on the rails.

But other things are happening in BKK , yesterday I tried to book a Quarantine hotel, the Indra Pratunam was on the list, I know this one so, I rang them and they said,,, Very sorry sir we can not take booking for quarantine--- as we are now a Hospital.

My wife googled a pic of the main road outside the hotel, and the street is dead, no cars - one motorbike, the streets by the Bayoke which used to be bustling full of people and traders moving bails of stuff around on hand trucks was dead. 

So the Indra with its own huge internal market and the markets outside are dead. That means Panthip and the rest also dead.

If the enlightened ones are turning hotels into hospitals, then that means no room in Bangkok Hospitals at all??

Looking at Channel 9 Aussie news just now pics of the Army patrolling with armed police, and knocking on door to door houses to check people are obeying lockdown rules, and they only had 230 od cases yesterday.

Thats a lockdown!!!, then compare that with thousands of people queued outside Bang Sue, crammed together waiting forever for a test , not social distanced, then this can only spread the virus rapidly.

And if you test positive and you live in BK you may have no hospital to go to, maybe go to a converted hotel or a field hospital , butttttt, if you come from another province you will be sent back to your home province for treatment. Does that spread things further, maybe I will get the wonton soup covered abacus out and find some data.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i seem to remember the most the uk managed to vaccinate in a day was 700,000 so it's great news that thailand will be able to exceed this. it's good that that they will have the complex logisitics in place to deliver vaccines to arms, and confident in surety of supply.

Yes, the one center handling tens of thousands crammed into a limited space in Bang Sue, is testament to how seriously the health ministry takes its own rules social distancing rules. 

It also openly demonstrates how they adore the common man, and do everything in their power to make the vaccine availability and experience as comfortable, convenient, easy and fast as possible. 

• Haha 1