PM: Things will be better in 4-6 weeks; Anutin: We'll be vaxxing 1 million a day next month

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

At one point - pehaps seeking a ray of hope amid the doom and gloom of the crisis - Prayuth asked the governors:

"Isn't anybody reporting a lowering in case numbers?"

If that doesn't sum up how out of touch he is, nothing does. He has no clue about case numbers. And he 'hopes' things will be better in 4-6 weeks. As do 70 million other Thais too. Hoping doesn't assist much though, does it. I thought my native UK had been useless in dealing with the pandemic (bar the outstanding vaccination programme), but the complete ignorance and ineptitude of this government is breathtaking.

• Like 1

"I hope things will be better in four to six weeks according to the latest data"

what about his previous estimate, of opening Thailand within the next 120 days,  is it down the drain.... 555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, sezze said:

I wonder what data he got ?

Get 10 million in a month and vaccinate 1 mill per day ... that month gonna be over very soon .

OK tell us what will the mix be in the 10MM shots how many AZ how many Sinoshi Sinovac ?

Anyone else ever think that if the military was not in power they would be trying to get into power right now and their excuse would be that the government is handling this situation very badly and it is important for national security that the military takes control. Then they would make sure to make criminal whoever is the person who has power. I wonder if these military politicians ever realize this or still see themselves as God's gift to Thailand

• Like 1

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month.

From where?

Transparency would go a long way for the ever suffering Thai populace.

And if he buys more Sinovac people are naturally going to be upset.

The gang of Thieves.

How many children will go hungry waiting for things to get better? How many more suicides by the desperate and destitute?Forcing children to learn from home. No mention of how people are expected to pay for a television, a computer or pay for the monthly account. No mention of homes without power.Just more empty blah blah blah by this clown.

Keep the panic going in order to keep control.

The Fake News Police should be looking into Dumb & Dumber latest statements.

Prayut only a few days ago said things would improve in 2-4 weeks. Now it's 4-6 weeks.

Anutin states his latest plan is to Vaccinate 1M people per day next month with only 10M vaccines. Only way he can fulfill that promise is by diluting the vaccine, 2 parts saline/water and 1 part vaccine...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I am surprised that there are no open riots and unrest in Bangkok and upcountry crosspoints like Chiang Mai, Korat etc. How can Thai people just simply stand by and watch silently .......... honestly? 

Open riots and unrest takes effort, risk and courage. It also requires the ability to be able to think beyond today, discuss problems and e.g. politics openly with others, without the worry of someone losing face.

Most Thais are raised to not discuss politics and be passive. That way they are kept in place, no matter how much they suffer.

So it is not surprising most just take things as they are and only younger students are starting to want change.

Even though they are frustrated and angry, the worst they will do it commit suicide. And that will not change anything.

The small shop owner in my Moobaan is a dedicated fan of the government. Why? Well, because they take her on a free trip every year. That’s all it takes to keep people in place here.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

I think that there is money for vaccines it is just that these vaccines are in short supply and Thailand is way down on the list of priority by the vaccine makers who have to fulfil orders to countries which ordered before Thailand, or took part in the development programme such as the UK supporting Astra. Hindsight is a great thing but perhaps the Thai authorities were waiting to see if the vaccine was viable before  ordering (The UK placed orders before the vaccine was developed and took a fiscal risk). They have been caught out with this policy but is could be said to be a reasonable thing to do at the time, The EU did exactly he same and when the consequences of their inaction became apparent they refused to allow export of vaccines produced within the EU but supported in development by other countries who the order was destined for.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

“Isn't anybody reporting a lowering in case numbers?"

Well, I would have an idea - but that means: doing the same as the Farang:

CDC urges labs to use COVID tests that can differentiate from flu

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-urges-labs-covid-tests-025958593.html

Edited by Bernietravelling

11 hours ago, webfact said:

......everyone should do their best and look at what was happening elsewhere in the world.

Should of done that from day one.................................mind you no one in the West took any notice of Thailand's initial success story in controlling the original covid-19.

There seems to be growing consternation in the international media and questions of whether these people have any idea what they're doing. Even the normally supportive reports from Al Jazeera have a growing sense of "<deleted>?" about them.

These guys need to wake up and realize the global spotlight is shining upon them and get reconnected with the reality of the situation.

• Haha 1

These fail prediction is why no one should ever ask them for their lucky lottery numbers!  Why can't the two of you just say what you need to say without always making some useless prediction!????  Your wives must be really frustrated?