Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

AZ is now either banned outright in Germany or restricted to a limited category of person]

News from March.

Germany is suspending routine use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine for people aged below 60 because of a risk of rare blood clots. The German medicines regulator found 31 cases of a type of rare blood clot among the nearly 2.7 million people who had received the vaccine in Germany.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

Got the telephone call, to my surprise, today to have my shot on Tuesday 3rd. The FIL had his earlier this week and it was Sinovac to be followed by AZ in 3 weeks. Presume it will the same for me and the other farangs here.

The local clinic that did the registration said it would be November/December at the earliest for farangs.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:34 PM, Kadilo said:

The local Thais are being given Sinovac. 
Why should the foreigners living in the outlying provinces be treated any differently?

Exactly, though our school got Astra Zenenca for the foreign teachers while the Thai teachers got Sinovac.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:25 PM, grandpa said:

I know that I am prejudiced against Sinovac, based on research findings reported in these hallowed pages, which showed that Sinovac loses 50% of its efficacy 60 days after second jab and 50% more every 40 days thereafter, but what I object to more is the lack of choice, that this statement implies.

sinovac.JPG

Pretty bad when they say that foreigners in the provinces are going to get the Sinovac, which isn't approved in the West, when the EU, UK, and US etc. have been donating the better quality mRNA plus AZ ones to Thailand for free... bit of a joke really. I bet the donated shots all end up in the Amart's secret stash.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weaver93 said:

sinovac.JPG

Means nothing unless you have detailed information regarding the health history/health of the patient.

There is not some set number of antibodies that a vaccine automatically creates.  Even the best vaccines will produce lower antibodies if the immune system of the recipient is compromised.  Smoking, alcoholism drug use, infections, cancer, blood disorders ,etc. many things can create lower immune response thus decreasing antibody creation from a vaccine.

Something to think about now if a person has addictions or has been making poor lifestyle choices.

Edited by bkk6060

On 7/29/2021 at 10:17 AM, webfact said:

Those from the 13 deep red zone provinces will be given Astra Zeneca first then 12 weeks later receive their second dose.

Will this also now apply to those from the additional 16 deep red zone provinces (like myself)?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lockdown-restrictions-in-29-thai-provinces-extended-to-end-of-august/

Edited by OJAS

58 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Will this also now apply to those from the additional 16 deep red zone provinces (like myself)?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lockdown-restrictions-in-29-thai-provinces-extended-to-end-of-august/

It should. Had the first AZ this morning with the second to be 26 October (12 weeks).

Others have said the vaccine process went smoothly in Bangkok, but not up here. The preliminaries can best be described as Thai organization, with people not knowing what to do next and the inevitable queue jumping. However the vaccines were given very efficiently once inside.

I do not understand the advice to not consume coffee or alcohol and no exercise for 2 days after the jab. Was this advice also given in Bangkok.

6 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

It should. Had the first AZ this morning with the second to be 26 October (12 weeks).

Others have said the vaccine process went smoothly in Bangkok, but not up here. The preliminaries can best be described as Thai organization, with people not knowing what to do next and the inevitable queue jumping. However the vaccines were given very efficiently once inside.

I do not understand the advice to not consume coffee or alcohol and no exercise for 2 days after the jab. Was this advice also given in Bangkok.

I had my first AZ shot last week and the experience was quite different to what you describe. Was well organized with many personnel shepherding people through the process. My initial concern was that the paperwork was only in Thai but a young  volunteer cheerfully filled it out for me. From beginning to end it took approx 1 hour including the 30 minute waiting time post shot.

4 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I had my first AZ shot last week and the experience was quite different to what you describe. Was well organized with many personnel shepherding people through the process. My initial concern was that the paperwork was only in Thai but a young  volunteer cheerfully filled it out for me. From beginning to end it took approx 1 hour including the 30 minute waiting time post shot.

If I did not have my wife with me it would have been almost impossible as no one spoke English. But there were only 2 other farangs so that is understandable.

• Like 1

No problem with Sinovac....no one knows the comparative efficacy or safety profiles of the various vaccines. This requires a head to head DB comparison. We have never even seen the end points of the various vaccines. Any 'knowledge' of comparative efficacy is therefore premature, but that doesn't stop bigots shouting their vaccine bigotry. The trashing of Sinovac in the media was a clever PR stunt by US companies, possibly with government involvement. As I say I am quite happy to receive Sinovac.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

No problem with Sinovac....no one knows the comparative efficacy or safety profiles of the various vaccines. This requires a head to head DB comparison. We have never even seen the end points of the various vaccines. Any 'knowledge' of comparative efficacy is therefore premature, but that doesn't stop bigots shouting their vaccine bigotry. The trashing of Sinovac in the media was a clever PR stunt by US companies, possibly with government involvement.

Agreed

11 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

11 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

As is the case with most things here in Thailand, the effectiveness of local vaccination procedures/arrangements appears to be what we Brits call a "postcode lottery"!

On 7/31/2021 at 11:55 AM, Kanada said:

Maybe time for you to realize where you are…you’re in Thailand!!

Don’t like Thailand? Nobody cares!
Dont <deleted> and moan…just go back to the country you left….

I know where I am. Who said I don't like Thailand? Why do I need to go to another country? Don't see where I whined or moaned.

Edited by Cuba