Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

11 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Thanks for that, though I do note the caveat from the guy running the service.

*Disclaimer: This vaccine checker is not designed as a definitive means to check whether you can travel to your specified country. To be 100% certain you must contact the relevant authorities. If you find any inaccuracies in the information provided from this checker, don’t hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

As far as I'm aware being innoculated isn't a prequisite of travelling to the UK, so I wonder what he means when he says "Sinovac is not valid in United Kingdom"? 

If you arrive in the UK and are not vaxxed you go into a Hotel at your cost for 14 day isolation, Sinovac is not recognised as a sufficiently effective vaccine so they would have to do the same.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grandpa said:

But.....but..............BUT.............All the registration lists are closed and the one mentioned on Thailandintervac.com has displayed the same message for over a week now! "Bangkok Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)"

Soon !!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Quite funny. Since many Thais I have spoken, deny Sinovac where is CP Group involved.

So, as it it is documented, that it does not protect very well, they will give it to the foreigners.

...... the new Pfizer donation of the U.S. will be given to them.

Disgusting.

....... and the new Astra Zeneca donation of the British Government.

Double disgusting. I hope that my British Ambassador feels some regret over trusting the Thai Government to deal with foreigners fairly. The British decision must have been made on the basis that the vulnerable, particularly the over 60s, were getting Astra Zeneca under the immunisation program running up to yesterday. "Our only goal has been for this to be distributed fairly and equitably to people around the world" - the ambassador's quote yesterday.  So, Mr Mark Gooding OBE, having not treated provincial foreigners fairly in the early stages of the programme you thought that your donation would mean all foreigners would be treated equally and in line with Thais. The Thais outsmarted you and changed the rules Day 1. Job ...not done!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Haha 2

As we struggle to secure immunization for the greater percentage of the world's population - all of which is entrenched in political perplexity - the bug will have mutated again creating an even more resistant strain than the Delta might be showing presently. 

The science and pharmaceutical knowhow is already staged as to quickly develop and tweak the current generation of vaccines to keep up with the ever changing virus. It's already being suggested that any such "boosters" will be of the upgraded new generation of vaccines......cycling the process over again, in which we will always be behind.

We have yet to learn how to keep ahead of the survival mechanisms of these particular strains. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What the ?  Why ?  Of course they still have sinovac to use, how stupid of me to think otherwise.

The FIL had a Sinovac vaccination today with AZ second does in 3 weeks. Same for Thai as for falang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

If you arrive in the UK and are not vaxxed you go into a Hotel at your cost for 14 day isolation, Sinovac is not recognised as a sufficiently effective vaccine so they would have to do the same.

Sorry but that's not correct, only if you're returning from a red list country, or have been in or through one in the previous ten days do you need to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days, not 14.

If you're returning from an amber listed country, including Thailand, then you must quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days, unless of course you've been or via a red listed country.

The fully vaccinated concession only applies to those fully vaccinated in the UK or under the UK vaccine programme overseas, so doesn't include Thailand.

• Like 2

If they give first AZ and then wait 3 months for the second that implies the AZ is quite effective after only one jab. And seeing how AZ and J&J use the same technology and J&J only requires one jab, seems to make sense.

If Sinovac is given first then wait 3-4 weeks for AZ that to me implies the Sinovac is used for that 3-4 week window only before getting AZ. So I ask myself, if I am willing to go unvaccinated for those 3-4 weeks before I get that AZ jab, am I not better off because not mixing with something am really not  comfortable with, is one less needle in my arm and I'm in the same situation as someone who got AZ first. Do realise would probably need a second jab of something after 3 months of the AZ, but everyone that is getting Sinovac and Sinopharm will be in the same situation, ie those jabs need to be replaced by AZ or mRNA.

52 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Thanks for that, though I do note the caveat from the guy running the service.

*Disclaimer: This vaccine checker is not designed as a definitive means to check whether you can travel to your specified country. To be 100% certain you must contact the relevant authorities. If you find any inaccuracies in the information provided from this checker, don’t hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

As far as I'm aware being innoculated isn't a prequisite of travelling to the UK, so I wonder what he means when he says "Sinovac is not valid in United Kingdom"? 

I think he just mentioned Sinovac isn't recognized in many countries are a form of vaccine against COVID-19.

You can still enter but you'll be treated as if you're unvaccinated.  Same as on some airlines.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Is there a master database the records all vaccinations whether or not they're from the government or from a private hospital? If not, then you can certainly do it.

Yes, there is a database maintained by the MoPH. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

But this is  yet more garbage, try and register if you live in Khonkaen, i even rang the Provincial health authority office in Khonkaen and was told, THAI ONLY, if any body doubts that give them a ring.

Not entirely true, I phoned the other day and they said not ready, and I'm Thai. 

Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen will have them next month. 

1 hour ago, blacksuitdandruff said:

Look into ivermectin.  Effective and cheap as a prophylactic. 

The only problem is that the study that skewed metanalyses in ivermectin's favor turned out to be fake.

Huge study supporting ivermectin as Covid treatment withdrawn over ethical concerns

“Because the Elgazzar study is so large, and so massively positive – showing a 90% reduction in mortality – it hugely skews the evidence in favour of ivermectin,” Meyerowitz-Katz said.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Would this vaccination cocktail be recognised in Western countries is you had to travel?  

I think not...................UK just announced it is planning to let those fully jabbed in USA & EU can enter without quarantine.

38 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Problem with sinovac is its not recognised in the UK or most of Europe so anyone hoping for a trip to UK will have to self quarantine for a week on arrival and be tested regularly. UK will only accept the US and AZ jabs. 

Problem with Astrazeneca is that it has never been approved for use by the US FDA they are giving away all 60 million doses.  There are certain events now that require vaccination for entry and AZ would be denied.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never knew the second jab could be a different vaccine. 

The vaccine can work in one of 2 ways so there is basically 2 types of vaccines.

There has been a recent study (can't remember where) that showed that mixing  the two varieties provides greater immunity in the short term

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Another reason not to live in Issan.

I am in Isaarn and to pour cold water on this idea that those upcountry will be offered Sinovac is not true.

Back in June I got AZ vaccine and next appointment I am expecting AZ again according to the hospital.

In an earlier covid related thread on foreigners obtaining vaccines in Isaarn, they all had been given AZ, not Sinovac.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Problem with Astrazeneca is that it has never been approved for use by the US FDA they are giving away all 60 million doses.  There are certain events now that require vaccination for entry and AZ would be denied.

Well, I don't want to go to the USA for the next couple of years, so that's OK for me.

I can't see the USA denying AZ and accepting Sinovac either.

And, WHO has approved the vaccines, and decided upon what is acceptable.

If the US goes off at a tangent, then tit for tat could very well take place with governments from the EU and UK responding likewise. I think the USA will take a level headed response based on data.

This is about getting back to normal safely for everybody and getting the world turning again for work and business as well as travel.

The virus hit the US harder than anybody because you have a population that thought they knew better than the science and an awful lot of ' fake news ' It didn't help having a president at that time, who thought it was a bit like seasonal flu.

I am not bashing the US, I am pro USA they do a lot of good, but this is a world effort to rid us of a scourge we all need to be rid of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names has been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless. At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

if you're getting sinovax or sinopharm, get 2 dose of it first 3 weeks apart, when alternative is freely available take the third for booster, down the line everybody eventually will have to be vaccinated again, vaccine only work for a period of time, if this virus is still around we all still have to re-vaccine again.

Sinovax, sinopharm and AZ are using decade old technology, they are using the same technique as any other vaccine in the past, Pfizer, Moderna and JJ are using Mrna

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

Quite funny. Since many Thais I have spoken, deny Sinovac where is CP Group involved.

So, as it it is documented, that it does not protect very well, they will give it to the foreigners.

...... the new Pfizer donation of the U.S. will be given to them.

Disgusting.

Why is that “disgusting”?

You do realize who’s country you are in??!

20 hours ago, Henryford said:

It was a joke to highlight the stupidity of mixing vaccines. I thought they worked in different ways, inactivated virus vs mRNA. Does that provide protection? Have the companies tested the effect of mixing vaccines?

The reason we hear so much about it is because of the negatives going around wrt Sinovac and double doses of it having low and diminishing efficacy, particularly where Delta is concerned. Many studies suggest the second dose of an MRNA or Vira Vector produce better results than 2 Sinovacs. Western studies are not reflecting this as they did not use Sinovac in the first place. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1