Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

I didn't see that curve ball coming ! It use to be the over sixty crowd would get 2  shots of AZ ! 

Thats one way to administer the Svacc , that many Thai's and falangs  dislike ! Clever Thinking !

Come On Mvacc ,fingers crossed for October ! My private in UDON said its possible ,despite the govt saying its coming  in January 2022  .

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?

yes why?  For me, I only consider Sinovac ,and even would prefer Sinopharm, because they are the only "full inactivated virus" vax.
Accepting that a vax (against corona or influenza type of viruses) only prevents the infection in 50% to 70% of the cases, at the best, these ones target the hole virus. In case of mutation of the S proteine, they should at least keep their (good or poor) level of protection. While all the others targeting the most probable site of mutation won't.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

When you're really, really hungry and near death would you not eat everything eatable? 

If your referring to the vaccines  and your near death , it takes a couple of weeks for them to kick in.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I have it on good authority that the peasantry 'up north' aren't wanting this Sinovac <deleted> - they're declining the vaccine in large numbers as they know it's garbage based on the word on the street.

They're waiting for AZ.....

Is that why they are giving it to the ai falang?The word on these streets many of the older folks don't want any of the vaccines.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jcojco said:

yes why?  For me, I only consider Sinovac ,and even would prefer Sinopharm, because they are the only "full inactivated virus" vax.
Accepting that a vax (against corona or influenza type of viruses) only prevents the infection in 50% to 70% of the cases, at the best, these ones target the hole virus. In case of mutation of the S proteine, they should at least keep their (good or poor) level of protection. While all the others targeting the most probable site of mutation won't.... 

I'm hoping to make it until the Moderna arrives.

Sinopharm a bit better for the elderly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The local Thais are being given Sinovac. 
Why should the foreigners living in the outlying provinces be treated any differently?

Wrong my Thai GF was given AZ she was 935 in the line all those before her were given AZ after they finished vaccinating the Thais it was the Burmese they were given the Sinovac

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Is that why they are giving it to the ai falang?The word on these streets many of the older folks don't want any of the vaccines.

In our village the majority aren't going to take Sinovac and can't afford Sinopharm.

They may be persuaded to use Astra.  Everyone has smartphones and knows the reports on Sinovac and it isn't positive.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jcojco said:

I’ll show this comment to my Chinese neighbour I’m sure he will be laughing out loud when he has read it 

• Haha 1

I think it depends on the Province in many cases on what they will give you ,Az or Svacc. Just like anything else in Thailand ,each Province  does things differently !

58 minutes ago, bougnat said:

Whether on the initiative of an individual or a government, if the mixture is dangerous it remains dangerous in all cases!

The WHO are erring on the side of caution, due to a lack of evidence of the effects of mixing vaccines. This is why they are discouraging it. There is no evidence so far that mixing vaccines is dangerous. Remember, the actual vaccine only lasts a couple of weeks in the body before it's destroyed. 

9 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Wrong my Thai GF was given AZ she was 935 in the line all those before her were given AZ after they finished vaccinating the Thais it was the Burmese they were given the Sinovac

Well it obviously depends on the area. In my GFs village they are all being given Sinivac first then AZ. 

Yours must be special ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

In our village the majority aren't going to take Sinovac and can't afford Sinopharm.

They may be persuaded to use Astra.  Everyone has smartphones and knows the reports on Sinovac and it isn't positive.

I haven't heard what the monks are saying on the issue.I guess their iput will have considerable sway over the elders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never knew the second jab could be a different vaccine. 

I am booked for Moderna in October, could I get the Sinovac next month too?

Moderna uses the mRNA technology so it's better not to use different tech. You can mix Moderna with Pfizer because both use mRNA.

• Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

It has been approved by WHO, you still might get covid after two jabs but your chances of dying from it are slim so that's good enough for me rather than nowt. 

My middle son in UK had 2 of the best covid jabs whatever that is and still got covid so anything is better than nowt.

It's a misconception propagated by some trolls . Being fully vaccinated doesn't mean we won't be infected again.

• Like 1

Quite funny. Since many Thais I have spoken, deny Sinovac where is CP Group involved.

So, as it it is documented, that it does not protect very well, they will give it to the foreigners.

...... the new Pfizer donation of the U.S. will be given to them.

Disgusting.

40 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

visaguide.world/news/vaccine-checker-proof-of-immunity-for-travel/

Thanks for that, though I do note the caveat from the guy running the service.

*Disclaimer: This vaccine checker is not designed as a definitive means to check whether you can travel to your specified country. To be 100% certain you must contact the relevant authorities. If you find any inaccuracies in the information provided from this checker, don’t hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

As far as I'm aware being innoculated isn't a prequisite of travelling to the UK, so I wonder what he means when he says "Sinovac is not valid in United Kingdom"? 

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Yes, I did not disagree with you. I agreed with you.

I am saying there's a lot of propaganda here.

Yeah pretty sad state of affairs really but I guess that's why forums get people crawling out from under their rock. 

My Mrs has booked me for jabs at our local hospital, they said they will phone in September or October the only thing was they didn't say what year. ????????????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Just got booked for 1st one at an Army Hospital in Kanchanaburi 2nd September. Allegedly AZ and free. Only a few ferrangs booking there. ????????????????????????????????

Do you have a link for registration at this hospital? Thanks

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I rarely follow the news, sorry to put you out. 

Well this forum hardly qualifies as news so don’t get all bent out of shape just yet…..wait for some facts

• Like 1