Thailand reports 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths

webfact

COVID30.jpg
File photo: REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Friday (July 30) reported 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 16,664 new infections
● 681 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 578,375 with 4,679 deaths. 

(Total infections since April 1: 549,512)

The news comes as the Swiss Government has donated a supply of medical equipment including test kits and ventilators to Thailand to help with the country’s COVID-19 response. Thailand’s Minister of Public Health today received the equipment in the name of the Thai government.

The Swiss-donated medical equipment was transported to Thailand onboard Swiss Air Lines’ flight LX180 from Zurich, and contained 1.1 million COVID-19 antigen test kits, and 102 ventilators. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

The critical care cases as shown in the graphic posted above as well as those on ventilators is just staggering to me based upon the numbers of cases we are seeing and then of those passing away.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

‘The war has changed’: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe

The delta variant of the coronavirus appears to cause more severe illness than earlier variants and spreads as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal federal health document that argues officials must “acknowledge the war has changed.”

Studies showing that vaccinated individuals infected with delta may be able to transmit the virus as easily as those who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people infected with delta have measurable viral loads similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected with the variant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/

Yes, one who is vaccinated can easily pass the virus if they are infected and are asymptomatic.  The funny thing is here everyone has been offered a dose and there is around 20 percent who refused the vaccine.  Nothing funny about that - but we are opening up.  So basically if you are not vaccinated chances are you're going to get sick.  

Eventually you may find this happening worldwide.  

We have no masks, no social distancing, and I don't care if these people get sick because our lockdown is ending.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, I guess I am a hopeful optimist. This daily thread soon puts a stop to that though!

It's not about being optimistic.

It's about timing and compassion.

I don't think Monty Pythons "Bring Out Your Dead" sketch would get many laughs at the moment.