Jealous Thai man shoots girlfriend to death in front of coffee shop colleagues - FB post reveals intention

webfact

Just now, monty1412 said:

I actually believe the unregulated  violence they show on Thai soaps  actually brainwashes kids that violence and gun are ok... I mean it is absolute  hypocrisy  that a guy with a cigarette has the cigarette  blurred out yet the guy with the gun pointed at the lad who has stolen his girl is shown in full detail .. kids become sensitised to this <deleted> and see violence as acceptable solution.. rest in peace young lady.. this  should never have happened ..... 

why was the word <deleted> deleted ???

46 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

And that is enough to shoot and kill her? Hope he never sees the light of day again. 

My neighbors' husband killed his wife, he got 5 years in jail , my sister-in-law got caught with a small amount of Yaba , she got  7 years .

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Not terribly familiar with the species and particular gender, are we?

No "we" dont seem to be , although I am familiar with the male species , you have spoken for yourself .

Which percentage of Males actually kill Females ?

Very few .  

7 hours ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Perfectly true, hence the term a 'preponderance'.......so being a male tips the balance....for whatever reason.

Domination is i think what you are referring to . Had to google preponderance . 

8 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

In the US , someone who shows that he is ready to use his gun in public spaces , risks being instantly shot by police .

But here ...?

The question was 'how many Thais are armed and willing to shoot?' ... I stand by my answer.

As to how many people US cops shoot, that is another discussion.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've experienced living with 3 different women (1x Brit, 2x Thai) who were violent towards me (kettle/knife/machete), the only violence I ever did to women was to restrain them while they were trying to stab me. (If you're interested, I had to go to hospital to get the boiling water burns treated, no police report as I foolishly agreed to say it was an accident, the women with knives never managed to get the pointy end in me)

Who/what was the common denomninator in those three separate attcks?   (and it was not female)

On 7/31/2021 at 12:31 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

What causes a person to act in this way ?

As we all go through life , we have relationships that usually come to an end , what makes a person think that killing another person is a good idea ?

It's about "losing face".  You need some level of self-confidence to be able to withstand rejection.  If you lack the minimal self-confidence, then the affection of a girlfriend grants you self-confidence.  If your girlfriend rejects you for another guy, you are okay with losing the girlfriend but not okay with the destruction of that self-confidence.  So ending her life is his only way of preventing the girlfriend from leaving, and protecting his self-confidence.

In Thailand, face is often more important than other people's lives.

some people cannot handle rejection .... and as such want revenge.  It's a simple anger episode and then they act, while never contemplating the consequences for or after their actions (   this non-contemplation of their actions )  is very real and quite prevalent in thai society.  

6 hours ago, thairookie said:

It's about "losing face".  You need some level of self-confidence to be able to withstand rejection.  If you lack the minimal self-confidence, then the affection of a girlfriend grants you self-confidence.  If your girlfriend rejects you for another guy, you are okay with losing the girlfriend but not okay with the destruction of that self-confidence.  So ending her life is his only way of preventing the girlfriend from leaving, and protecting his self-confidence.

In Thailand, face is often more important than other people's lives.

I wonder if the female of the species are subject to this same loss of face syndrome? I know here in Thailand some are prone to violence. but not because of loss of face.

More out of jealousy, I would suggest it's only the male who has the ego problem. I've split with a few ladies back in England but none wanted to do me in. I think?????

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:52 PM, Cunning Stunts said:

I cannot believe some of the inane comments on here trying to pretend males, on aggregate, are no more aggressive than females........some of you need to get a grip.

A lot of younger men I meet from the west (20s and 30s) are far less aggressive than Thai females. Such soft lads, I hardly consider them males at all.

Do I share any joint responsibility for what other men do?

Lets consider jihadis in Somalia/Syria ............... eh, NO!

Edited by BritManToo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 2:25 PM, thaitom said:

I was wondering that also. Also, The cost of a gun here is outrageous. Even if you buy it illegally.

Import duty.....? The alternative is the local made ones that are more likely to blow off the user's fingers. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

Now they can never have a chance to reconcile, and he will never see her again.  So what he wanted was them not to end, not to part ways, but isn't this exactly  what he has caused?  Where's the logic in this act?

In his mind? Probably, "If I can't have her, no one can."

Is there normally a recommended sentence tariff for pre meditated murder in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Import duty.....? The alternative is the local made ones that are more likely to blow off the user's fingers. 

I have been to the gun shops in Bangkok just to see what was available. There is really not much of a selection , and I forget what the prices were, All I remember is they were so expensive.  I have been offered guns at the Burma border but I was to scared that as soon as I bought one they would turn around and get me busted for a reward or something.